2017 ***The Official Dental College of Georgia C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 years and 3 application cycles later, I finally got an interview!!!
Congratulations. When is your interview? What did you do different this time?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations. When is your interview? What did you do different this time?

My interview is this Thursday/Friday! I finished my biology degree back in 2014 then went back and got a second bachelors degree in dental hygiene. The difference in this year and last was mainly my DAT score. I took the DAT twice in 2014 and took it for the third time this past July. They aren’t amazing scores, but definitely better than my past.

My interview is this Thursday/Friday! I finished my biology degree back in 2014 then went back and got a second bachelors degree in dental hygiene. The difference in this year and last was mainly my DAT score. I took the DAT twice in 2014 and took it for the third time this past July. They aren’t amazing scores, but definitely better than my past.
What hygiene school did you go to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today by email. Wasn’t offered an interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if there is a specific time that DCG starts calling Friday? I heard Louisville starts at like midnight haha

Hello everyone! I wish you all the best of luck in your application cycles! I know this is an incredibly exciting, yet stressful time for you all. I went ahead and created a Facebook group for your future class. Once you are accepted it is an ideal place to ask any questions and start connecting with one another. I am posting it now as it is finals season here at DCG and I am fearful I will forget. The group is called, "The Dental College of Georgia Class of 2022" on Facebook (if someone could eventually post the link, that would be great as I am unable to as a new SDN member).

Most importantly--don't stress if you don't receive the call this December! A very sizable percentage of the class will get accepted at later dates. I wish you all the best of luck. Keep your head up and don't lose sight of your dreams, everything always works out in the end! -Class of 2021 DCG Exec Board

Members don't see this ad :)
I missed a call at 7:28 and called back up there to find out that I was accepted! I made an account just to post this. Best day ever! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Ya. I haven't gotten any email yet. She said she will send a package in email later.

Also got in about an hour ago :) Does anyone have a link to the Facebook? I'm having trouble finding it.

Also got in about an hour ago :) Does anyone have a link to the Facebook? I'm having trouble finding it.
I don't know how to send a link but search for The Dental College of Georgia Class of 2022 and select group.

I got the call at 9:46 a.m. I'M ACCEPTED!!!!! Holy ****! I can't believe it. The best of luck to everyone else!!

Congratulations to all the people who have been accepted!!!!
Could you please post your interview dates and stats?

Congrats to everyone!! Could you post your residency as well?

I am a GA resident re-applicant. My overall GPA is a 3.5 but my current coursework including all pre-reqs is a 3.9. AA-21 PAT-18, QR-17, RC-25, Bio-18, Gen Chem-23, Ochem-22. I have a bachelor's in dental hygiene. I have been a hygienist for 9 years. Good luck everyone. I know how hard everyone has worked. Also, remember stats don't make a person. I'm pulling for you all!

Reactions: 2 users
I am a GA resident re-applicant. My overall GPA is a 3.5 but my current coursework including all pre-reqs is a 3.9. AA-21 PAT-18, QR-17, RC-25, Bio-18, Gen Chem-23, Ochem-22. I have a bachelor's in dental hygiene. I have been a hygienist for 9 years. Good luck everyone. I know how hard everyone has worked. Also, remember stats don't make a person. I'm pulling for you all!

Thank you for responding! Could you tell us when your interview date was please?

Congratulations to all the people who have been accepted!!!!
Could you please post your interview dates and stats?
Interview date: September 8th
Georgia Resident
Stats: 20 AA/ 20TS; 3.2 Undergrad GPA; 3.9 Master's GPA; second year applying

I haven't heard back yet, but it seems like they give out a lot of acceptances after Dec 1st too! Keep your head up everybody.

I don't know that interview dates matter very much, but it's also just speculation because of my situation. I applied very very late, September 29th late, interviewed November 9th and 10th. I think I remember hearing there was just a few more interview dates left while I was there. I had a 3.75 science and overall gpa, 20 AA and 22 pat. Georgia resident and first time applying. Got my call at 7:30 this morning. Good luck everyone!

I applied very late too. 29th September. Science GPA 4.0 overall GPA was 3.98. DAT AA 21. Interview was on 3 rd November.

Of Those of you who have been accepted, are any of you OOS ?

Accepted ! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.