2017 ***The Official Dental College of Georgia C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Have any in-state students been waitlisted? From what I see only OOS have been notified.

Just got my acceptance call! I'm so excited!! Unfortunately I was told if you do not recieve a call by 5 then you have not been accepted or waitlisted but they will not send out the rejection emails until Monday.

Congrats! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think dcg is a stats oriented school, so stats don’t mean anything to them.

Reactions: 1 users
I also got accepted to UNC, Texas A&M, NYU, ECU, and MUSC

Only 10 minutes until they're supposedly done accepting people? :/

quamane, did you interview this past Monday?

Members don't see this ad :)
2nd year rejected.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Don't give up though. See what they want you to change and try again. It took my friend four tries to get in.
Can you share with us if your OOS and when you were told, please?

I am in-state.
I got rejected without interview again. I have friends at DCG and thought that'd help.
I did get into another school. I guess my only reason to attend DCG was for in-state tuition.

I am in-state.
I got rejected without interview again. I have friends at DCG and thought that'd help.
I did get into another school. I guess my only reason to attend DCG was for in-state tuition.

Well I’m sorry it didn’t work out at DCG but congratulations on getting in somewhere else!! That’s awesome and I’m so happy that worked out for you! Money comes and goes, the important thing is you got in somewhere and you can pursue your dreams.

Does anyone have a four-year total inclusive cost of attendance estimate for in state please? It'd really help me out.

Does anyone have a four-year total inclusive cost of attendance estimate for in state please? It'd really help me out.

The max is 74k. Can't find anything in my paperwork anywhere, and the picture of the breakdown in my AU Pounce acct. is too large to upload.

From that, Tuition is $27,900 for the year. $13k per year goes to lab and university fees (like leasing dental equipment, etc.), and if you take out loans, here is what you'll be given to cover costs: there's a fee of $675. They give $1950 for miscellaneous, and $25,230 for room and board. They allow you $3,000 for books and supplies. Transportation allows you $2,700, which should all equal to the tune of around $74k. You should find something in the financial aid page if you're needing something more concrete... Congrats on your acceptance!

Last edited:
The max is 74k. Can't find anything in my paperwork anywhere, and the picture of the breakdown in my AU Pounce acct. is too large to upload.

From that, Tuition is $27,900 for the year. $13k per year goes to lab and university fees (like leasing dental equipment, etc.), and if you take out loans, here is what you'll be given to cover costs: there's a fee of $675. They give $1950 for miscellaneous, and $25,230 for room and board. They allow you $3,000 for books and supplies. Transportation allows you $2,700, which should all equal to the tune of around $74k. You should find something in the financial aid page if you're needing something more concrete... Congrats on your acceptance!
Awesome! Thank you!

I am in-state.
What school did you get accepted to?

Do they send rejection letters via email or snail mail?

I got put on an alternative list via Email. In state student, reapplicant.

Alternate List! What is the difference between waitlist and alternate?

Rejected again :(. Congrats to everyone that was accepted this cycle and hopefully those on the wait list get in :) .

Waitlisted at 3:09 12/11. Malka, what is your reason for wondering what time people get waitlisted? Do any of y'all have the scoop on the waitlist? Like how many people are on it, how many people typically get accepted off of it, etc?

Waitlisted at 3:09 12/11. Malka, what is your reason for wondering what time people get waitlisted? Do any of y'all have the scoop on the waitlist? Like how many people are on it, how many people typically get accepted off of it, etc?

Because im trying to form a theory based on the times people get waitlisted. As far as I know there is an order and about 50% get accepted. There was a post a few years ago where someone said 30 people were waitlisted and 18 got called.

Status
Not open for further replies.