*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all good. it was at the bradenton, florida campus. At the dental school.

I read this reply with so much sass

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys so I don't know if anyone is in this boat but my application wasn't considered complete until September which is kind of late there was a mix up with one of my letters of rec. The letter situation was fixed on the portal Dec 3rd but since September my status has not changed on the portal and I haven't heard anything about an interview from them. I was wondering if anyone knows when they usually stop giving out interviews. I thought it was a good sign that at least it says my application is under review still and i haven't been denied but its taking a long time. I also just recently submitted my fall grades and got conformation from AADSAS saying they received them. I am wondering if they were waiting on my grades before doing anything or if the update made them have to wait longer. Does anyone think I should email or just wait patiently?
So I haven't heard anything from them at all, but my status was under review for months. I got a status change last week that they are missing a letter of recommendation and I've been calling ever since without any luck at contacting admissions. Will be sending them an email tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection letter by mail today. Looks like I’m headed to Louisville!!

Did get an interview there? I’m still waiting for one

Yes I interviewed. Pre-December. Portal said the committee made a decision and would notify me within 30 days

Yes I interviewed. Pre-December. Portal said the committee made a decision and would notify me within 30 days

Damn I didn't realize they'd straight up reject ppl who interviewed. Guess I should anticipate the same letter...

Reactions: 1 user
Damn I didn't realize they'd straight up reject ppl who interviewed. Guess I should anticipate the same letter...
Why wouldnt they? They cant accept everyone. Also, you shouldn't assume anything. Hang in there until you receive word from them.

I got accepted to LECOM and waitlisted at Louisville. Wanna trade?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why wouldnt they? They cant accept everyone. Also, you shouldn't assume anything. Hang in there until you receive word from them.

A lot of schools put ppl they don't accept on the waitlist from those they interviews at least.

A lot of schools put ppl they don't accept on the waitlist from those they interviews at least.
What's the point of putting someone on the waitlist if they wont have a chance to get off it though? Seems like if the waitlist is large, then chances of movement from there would be slim.

What's the point of putting someone on the waitlist if they wont have a chance to get off it though? Seems like if the waitlist is large, then chances of movement from there would be slim.
That is a great question....yet is happens every year.

The dental schools have nothing to lose by having large waitlist, but they would lose out on a lot if they weren't able to fill there classes.

Hehe!! Did you have the choice to schedule your interview in any of the three LECOM locations?

Sent from my SM-G965F using SDN mobile

The dental school is only located in Bradenton, FL so you will have to travel here for the interview and tour of the school.
LECOM-SDM isn't like the medical school which has 3 (about to be 4) locations.

I received an interview invitation email this morning. I declined the offer and wish you all the best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
waitlisted yesterday, i wasnt expected a reply on the 9th, i thought either 2nd or 3rd of the month

So I haven't heard anything from them at all, but my status was under review for months. I got a status change last week that they are missing a letter of recommendation and I've been calling ever since without any luck at contacting admissions. Will be sending them an email tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using SDN mobile
I had to end up sending another letter of recommendation to them, but they received that on DEC 3rd since then my status hasn't changed and I have not heard anything. I dont want to be annoying but its hard to not have a plan figured out, im such a big planner lol.

Have you guys heard of anyone got in LECOM dental school with 17 AA on DAT? I have 3.67 GPA in BS Biology and also I am currently attending master program in health sciences with 4.0 GPA so far? What do you think? Do I have the tiny chance to get accepted here. I have 19 on science, 21 on PAT but my English score 15 lowered my Academic score to 17 lol.

Have you guys heard of anyone got in LECOM dental school with 17 AA on DAT? I have 3.67 GPA in BS Biology and also I am currently attending master program in health sciences with 4.0 GPA so far? What do you think? Do I have the tiny chance to get accepted here. I have 19 on science, 21 on PAT but my English score 15 lowered my Academic score to 17 lol.

You might check with the school on their lowest subsection allowed. Some schools have cutoffs for minimums. Good luck! As for your question, I don't personally know anyone, but a 4.0 in Master's program will help out a lot.

You might check with the school on their lowest subsection allowed. Some schools have cutoffs for minimums. Good luck! As for your question, I don't personally know anyone, but a 4.0 in Master's program will help out a lot.
Thank you for your inputs. I am planning on calling the school tomorrow to get more info.

Does this school even have admission office? I called several times, and left messages but no response at all.

Does this school even have admission office? I called several times, and left messages but no response at all.

Admissions is only run by 1 person so imagine trying to individually respond to every phone call received when you have 3000+ applicants

Admissions is only run by 1 person so imagine trying to individually respond to every phone call received when you have 3000+ applicants
Does the same go for responding to emails? Sounds like a staffing issue that should be addressed...

D1 AMA. 1 semester deep. :doctor:

Coolest thing you've done so far? Also what are the color of scrubs for incoming D1 if you know?

Incoming D1s *should* be a teal color assuming they keep the trend of recycling between the 4 colors

101_TEAL_lg.JPG

Last edited:
Same, and I’ve emailed a few times regarding my status during the past few months. For some reason they’re having trouble verifying my transcript. I guess I’m SOL.

Same, and I’ve emailed a few times regarding my status during the past few months. For some reason they’re having trouble verifying my transcript. I guess I’m SOL.
Yeah, it’s not like we paid for a service or anything. Wait a minute...

Anyone heard any news after interviewing in January. I am asking for a friend!

Some random questions..

-What are the library hours?
-What is the expected utility bill (for any size ... 1/2/3 bedrooms)
-What would be a reasonable amount of start-up fund I would need to move in?
-Do most students have roommates
-How safe is the area on campus
-Do we pay for parking permits
-Any available transportations for free (Shuttles/buses)

Thank you!
Hey there! I'm currently in the MMS program at LECOM Bradenton rn.

-Library is open 7am-11pm every day.
-I live in a large 1 bedroom apartment with my husband and our utility bill is approximately $150 (water, electric, etc) but that just depends on usage
-I think we spent ~$2500 to get completely moved in (moved from the panhandle)
-I think most students have roommates
-Lakewood Ranch is a beautiful, relatively new area of town. It's very safe/clean.
-You do not pay for parking permits.
-There's not a lot in the way of free transportation but there are plenty of apartments within a mile or 2 of school.

Hi, I didn't apply to LECOM but I have a friend waiting to hear back from here. She doesn't use SDN but her stats are
- GPA (overall, science): 3.2, 3.0
- DAT (AA, TS): 22, 23
What are her chances? She hasn't gotten any interviews so far this cycle but two rejections already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just want to update my friend got an interview to LECOM last week! Anything is possible even for those ppl who are below avg :)

Favorite and least favorite thing so far!

I wanted to add more insight to the questions asked. I am also a current D1 in the Class of 2022! I am an out of state student and absolutely love living in Florida and really enjoy going to school at LECOM.

Favorite Things:
- You get to live in sunny, gorgeous Florida (yay beaches, nay snow)
-Curriculum - our curriculum director (IMO) did a really great job at organizing our schedule this year. Here is how we started:
You enter in July and are bright-eyed, fresh-faced, and WELL-RESTED, and we had a ton of tough classes in our first quarter: Perio 1, Histopathology, Clinical Gross Human Anatomy, Dental Anatomy and Materials, General Practice Dentistry, and Embryology. That first quarter was tough and I felt like I was studying constantly, but I'm glad we got all of those heavy classes out of the way initially when we were still new to the school and rested from the summer. Like if we were to take all those classes now, idk how well I'd do in them because I'm more tired now. The second half of last semester was still more intense than our semester we are in right now, but not as bad as the first half. We started our PBL course (the transition was seamless and idk of anyone who really had any issues with getting started with PBL; we were nervous for our first exam obviously, but it wasn't bad at all), started HPC (hygiene class in the clinic, practicing on each other, learning dental instruments and how to use them, ergonomics, etc.), an online radiology course, and our dentures lecture/lab. The dentures lab was CRAZY, but again, I'm glad we got it out of the way so early on. I also like that we continuously build upon our knowledge base. Like you wouldn't want to take HPC or dentures before having had Anatomy, Histopath, or Dental Anatomy. Even a basic foundation in perio has been helpful. So I love the way our curriculum is laid out. They do a really good job at making your transition from classroom to clinic and lecture-based to PBL-based learning really nice. I just saw my first patient last week in the hygiene clinic and it went so well. Now we're going to be drilling/taking our operative course, getting our loupes, and continuing to learn more in PBL this semester!
-Professors / Faculty - super, super nice, intelligent, and caring people. I don't mean to sound so sunshine-y and rainbows, but I really do enjoy going to school here and I can't believe how lucky I feel that I chose to attend LECOM.
-Classmates - our class is really close. I was a little nervous coming into dental school because I have older friends that are in dental school and they've told me horror stories about classmates sabotaging each other, being really competitive, etc. with one another, but it isn't like that at our school at all. The learning environment is so supportive in and out of the classroom and I wouldn't want to go through this program with anyone else by my side.

Least Favorite Things:
-Attendance policy (they're very strict about it - which is good, but if you desire to attend dental conferences (such as those put on by FDA, ADA, ASDA, etc.), it takes a lot of planning and preparation and direct negotiating with professors to even miss 2-3 days of class).
-Also, yes it's true. You are not allowed to have water outside of the cafeteria, so you can't drink in the library or up in the lecture halls. My dehydrated body at the end of the day always finds that pretty annoying. LOL

Thoughts on PBL:

Currently procrastinating because I'm on SDN
Just kidding (sorta). I really like PBL. It is a genius way to teach future doctors because the problem-based curriculum teaches you how to not only think and discover things for yourself, but communicate and work with a team. You learn the information because you want to. You motivate and tailor your own studies while applying what you learn from textbooks to real-life, actual clinical cases encountered. D1 year is medical-based cases (we're currently in our neuro block), and D2 year you transition to more dental-based cases.
It is a lot of self-study outside of class, but I have no real complaints. I'm a slow reader so it takes me forever, but I feel more confident and comfortable with the knowledge I have gained in the last 6 months of being here. It's insane how much you learn here. Really cool stuff.

Any more questions - feel free to shoot me a DM or ask here so other current students at LECOM can chime in.

@carisc21 thanks for the detailed response. I'm so glad I chose LECOM! I cant wait to meet my D2 and D3!

I believe LECOM is supposed to send out a round of offers today. Any news anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

I'm waiting for that as well. Do you see any changes in the AADSAS portal? Mine changed to none[/QUOTE]

Mine changed to none as well. Don't know what that means. The suspense continues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile[/QUOTE]
Yes lol hopefully we hear something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.