*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My status yesterday was “offer made” on AADSAS and “decision has not been made” on portal. Today my status is “none” on AADSAS and “decision has been made” on portal.
I did not get the email asking for a background check, however I have already completed the background check for another school. Would they send me a background check request if I have already completed it for another school?

UPDATE: I just got the email offering me an alternate position

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I also got the alternate list. Does anyone know what my chances are once I’ve been placed as an alternate?

Reactions: 2 users
I have not received an alternate list email and my portal has not changed.. does anyone know if this is a good or bad thing? Freaking out here

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
For other's reference, I have also been placed on the Alternate list. I did not receive an email asking if I was still interested in LECOM, and my portal had not changed post-interview until I was offered an alternate position. I did some digging in last year's forum, and all of the seven individuals that reported being placed on the alternate list were offered acceptance. All pre-December interviewees were offered an alternate position on the same day (01/03/17), and the one that interviewed post-December was placed on the alternate list on (01/23/17). The earliest acceptance was recorded by @Stanelz on 01/05/17, but he is an outlier, as the remainder of the pre-December interviewees were offered acceptance on either 02/06/17 or on 02/19/17. The sole post-December interviewee was offered a position on 02/23/18. I just wanted to include some statistics to possibly help other anxious personalities like myself. Hopefully, this information will at least give us a blueprint for what to expect in the coming weeks. Good luck to you all, try to remain patient and positive, as that is all we can do for now!!

Reactions: 6 users
Portal says a decision was made but haven’t heard anything...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hey guys I was speaking to some faculty today that will remain unnamed and apparently the class of 2023 will potentially have 150 spots.
Our Sim lab will be restructured this summer.

If you are on the alternate list you have a good shot but not 100%. Post december interviews at LECOM have a great chance of acceptance.

That is all.

"backs away slowly"

Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys I was speaking to some faculty today that will remain unnamed and apparently the class of 2023 will potentially have 150 spots.

If you are on the alternate list you have a good shot but not 100%. Post december interviews at LECOM have a great chance of acceptance.

That is all.

"backs away slowly"

duuuuuuuudeeeeeee that would be awesome

Does anyone know where to find soap carving materials or a kit. Trying to practice before the interview but amazon only sells the actual tools.

Does anyone know where to find soap carving materials or a kit. Trying to practice before the interview but amazon only sells the actual tools.
No need to practice. Just do your best when the time comes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Mine was terrible and I still got an acceptance anyway! :)
They tell you its just "a fun thing" to do before the interview. I was stressing about it way too much. Don't worry about it too much and you'll do fine! Good luck on the interview!

edit: if you really want to practice, they literally just give you a generic rectangular bar of hand soap, so get whatever knife you want (this is pretty close to the one they give you

Amazon product )

Last edited:
Reminder about the waitlist, our class (2022) had movement of the waitlist up until the 6th day of classes. So as long as you're on that list, you still have a chance of getting a seat.

Got accepted today.. my first acceptance. It's truly an unforgettable moment.

Reactions: 9 users
Waitlisted this morning via email. The portal changed for me, but AADSAS still says none.

For other's reference, I have also been placed on the Alternate list. I did not receive an email asking if I was still interested in LECOM, and my portal had not changed post-interview until I was offered an alternate position. I did some digging in last year's forum, and all of the seven individuals that reported being placed on the alternate list were offered acceptance. All pre-December interviewees were offered an alternate position on the same day (01/03/17), and the one that interviewed post-December was placed on the alternate list on (01/23/17). The earliest acceptance was recorded by @Stanelz on 01/05/17, but he is an outlier, as the remainder of the pre-December interviewees were offered acceptance on either 02/06/17 or on 02/19/17. The sole post-December interviewee was offered a position on 02/23/18. I just wanted to include some statistics to possibly help other anxious personalities like myself. Hopefully, this information will at least give us a blueprint for what to expect in the coming weeks. Good luck to you all, try to remain patient and positive, as that is all we can do for now!!
Thanks for doing the digging!

That is all.

"backs away slowly"

Any idea how you think they will be able to accommodate such growth in class size so quickly?!

not a clue. They will restructure the sim lab to accomodate more people but as far as 3rd year clinic idk

Nothing is for sure though so we'll see what happens

Any idea how you think they will be able to accommodate such growth in class size so quickly?!

Anyone else’s portal say a decision was made but haven’t heard anything yet?

My portal still says 'Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.' and I can't get anyone to respond to my emails.

My portal still says 'Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.' and I can't get anyone to respond to my emails.
That's strange. I thought they said they would be reaching out by this time for the second round. I've only seen a few people that have heard anything

That's strange. I thought they said they would be reaching out by this time for the second round. I've only seen a few people that have heard anything
Have you already interviewed?

Just canceled my interview since I got my number 1, good luck to those still interviewing and waiting to hear back!

Hey! Does anyone know how many applicants receive a secondary application at LECOM out of 3333?

The supplemental? Isnt that given to everyone who applies
I don't think so but it makes sense since the committee don't start reviewing your application until you submit the supplemental, some schools however like WVU send secondarys to half of the total applied applicants

Anybody else not hear back yet after interviewing?

I had post Dec int and they told us everyone will hear back either accepted/waitlist/reject on Jan 2

I had post Dec int and they told us everyone will hear back either accepted/waitlist/reject on Jan 2

It's past that and it's been silence on my end

Silence on my end too

Silence on my end too

Kinda depressing tbh. I already got accepted elsewhere but I really liked lecom and felt that my interview went great.

Kinda depressing tbh. I already got accepted elsewhere but I really liked lecom and felt that my interview went great.

Same here! I don’t know what’s going on

Hey guys so I don't know if anyone is in this boat but my application wasn't considered complete until September which is kind of late there was a mix up with one of my letters of rec. The letter situation was fixed on the portal Dec 3rd but since September my status has not changed on the portal and I haven't heard anything about an interview from them. I was wondering if anyone knows when they usually stop giving out interviews. I thought it was a good sign that at least it says my application is under review still and i haven't been denied but its taking a long time. I also just recently submitted my fall grades and got conformation from AADSAS saying they received them. I am wondering if they were waiting on my grades before doing anything or if the update made them have to wait longer. Does anyone think I should email or just wait patiently?

How long after submitting the supplemental application you guys received your interview invitation?

Sent from my SM-G965F using SDN mobile

How long after submitting the supplemental application you guys received your interview invitation?

Mines was maybe 2 weeks after. But I feel that it can vary by a lot for every person. One school sent me a invite before I even sent in my supplemental lol.

Mines was maybe 2 weeks after. But I feel that it can vary by a lot for every person. One school sent me a invite before I even sent in my supplemental lol.
Hehe!! Did you have the choice to schedule your interview in any of the three LECOM locations?

So, I don't know if you heard about this but it's kinda disrespectful and selfish to accept an invitation for an interview and bail on them without an email or something. Imagine how many people could have gone there instead of the ones who didn't without notice.

So, I don't know if you heard about this but it's kinda disrespectful and selfish to accept an invitation for an interview and bail on them without an email or something. Imagine how many people could have gone there instead of the ones who didn't without notice.

Who are you even talking about?

Who are you even talking about?

I am talking about the recent interview day, my friend said about 3-5 people didn't come to the interview at Lecom and didn't tell the facility they were not gonna attend the interview. They scheduled a date and then didn't show up.

I am talking about the recent interview day, my friend said about 3-5 people didn't come to the interview at Lecom and didn't tell the facility they were not gonna attend the interview.

oh my bad you made it sound like you were directing that towards someone in this thread.

Reactions: 2 users
oh my bad you made it sound like you were directing that towards someone in this thread.

Yeah, I just returned from the dentist appointment and I have a headache, so that might explain my aggressiveness lol :bucktooth:

Where was your interview at? Which location? I am sorry for asking too many questions

Its all good. it was at the bradenton, florida campus. At the dental school.

Status
Not open for further replies.