*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed in January and still have not received any updates not even the rejection mail after emailing them multiple times and never got a reply. My status still says they will notify me in 30 days and it's been more than 2 months. Good luck to you guys!
Any other February interviewees still in this boat? No admission status change at all, like not even a waitlist/rejection?

I've emailed admissions twice since and have gotten the same reply, that they'll update me once the committee makes a final decision.

I'm starting to get pretty discouraged with my chances at this school.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone that sent their matriculation packet hear back yet? Sent mine 2 weeks ago but no reponse yet. I'm getting concerned if maybe it didnt reach

Anyone that sent their matriculation packet hear back yet? Sent mine 2 weeks ago but no reponse yet. I'm getting concerned if maybe it didnt reach
Just fyi last year I sent in my matriculation packet in early march and nothing was updated till middle of fall semester. In fact Shannon came up to me one day in the hallway around November and said "Just went through your packet, you're all good!" and im like ok...only 9 months later. I guess I could have gotten away with going to school with Hepatitis until November.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

You should at some point call/email and make sure it arrived however as pearl reposted, they may not get through it for a while.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I was recently offered an interview for 4/26. Does anyone happen to know how many students have been accepted so far and my chances of getting accepted this late in the cycle?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I was recently offered an interview for 4/26. Does anyone happen to know how many students have been accepted so far and my chances of getting accepted this late in the cycle?

Interesting this must be a late addition because the cancelled interview dates, well your chances are not terrible because theres a few people in my classes from the last interview of last cycle

Hey guys, for those who have been accepted to begin this Fall 2019, you can join us in Facebook with the title "LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy School Class 2023" so we can know each other better! Congratulations!

Hey guys, for those who have been accepted to begin this Fall 2019, you can join us in Facebook with the title "LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy School Class 2023" so we can know each other better! Congratulations!

Wrong thread friend. This is dental

Did anyone else’s LECOM status change today to “a decision has been made”? I haven’t gotten an email or anything and my AADSAS still says none...

Mine changed yesterday to "a decision has been made . Will notify you within 30 days "
AADSAS changed it to denied. Wont get to Lecom I guess. I was interviewed on Feb 21st

Mine changed yesterday to "a decision has been made . Will notify you within 30 days "
AADSAS changed it to denied. Wont get to Lecom I guess. I was interviewed on Feb 21st
I interviewed on Feb 21st as well. I guess I will wait and see if my AADSAS status changes. Did yours change yesterday or today?

Members don't see this ad :)

Unfortunately, I had the same outcome. I also interviewed on Feb 21st. Good luck everyone, time to prepare for the next cycle!

Yes. I got accepted into another school. Any updates with you on Lecom?
Wish you all the luck and don't give up. The whole group was amazing and all were qualified and talented . If you didn't make it ,make sure you reapply and I know you can do it

Yes. I got accepted into another school. Any updates with you on Lecom?
Wish you all the luck and don't give up. The whole group was amazing and all were qualified and talented . If you didn't make it ,make sure you reapply and I know you can do it
My aadsas still says none so still waiting to hear something! I’m glad you got in somewhere else! Good luck with dental school! Totally agree about everyone being qualified, we had a great interview group!

Congrats to those that got accepted!!!!

For the ones that did not get accepted to any schools this cycle: Is anybody considering the master's program that LECOM offers?
Or any other master's program? I got waitlisted in two schools and I haven't heard anything yet from them so I want to start looking at my other options to reapply again.
I applied to LECOM's dental school last year, didn't get in, and am currently finishing LECOM's Master's program now (ends April 26th). I interviewed in January have a conditional acceptance for the dental school. I think the MMS is a great option. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions!

@joker16z @Stanelz
I saw in the matriculation packet that we should try to collect ~45 teeth before school starts. What's the deal with that? Should they be a variety of incisors/molars/cuspids/premolars? Any insight into this would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

@joker16z @Stanelz
I saw in the matriculation packet that we should try to collect ~45 teeth before school starts. What's the deal with that? Should they be a variety of incisors/molars/cuspids/premolars? Any insight into this would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Yes yes yes collect as many teeth as possible not third molars. You will need as many molars and incisors as you can find at least 20 of each of you can

Yes yes yes collect as many teeth as possible not third molars. You will need as many molars and incisors as you can find at least 20 of each of you can
Wow thank you so much! I saw someone make a post on the Facebook page with more specifics and I really appreciate it! (if it was you or someone else, thank you!!!).

Can we buy the dental kits with credit cards before the studen loan come in? How does it work to pay that off?

What are the requirements for labtop?
Can we use apple computers?

Thank You!

Can we buy the dental kits with credit cards before the studen loan come in? How does it work to pay that off?

If you qualified for federal aid (loans), then the dental kit company lets you "defer" your payment for ~1 month after you receive your dental kit. Any time after you receive your kit, you can pay with a credit card of your choice. If you do NOT receive loans (ex: self-paying), then you have a stricter deadline that is usually having to pay for your kit before you receive it.

What are the requirements for labtop?
Can we use apple computers?

Thank You!

There's a requirement sheet listed in your matriculation packet. These are just suggestions! They say you "have" to get a PC/Windows computer because that's all that IT is "familiar" with; however, the majority of our class have MacBooks. I personally would avoid usually a Surface as the desks are short so it's hard for it stand up without falling off your desk. Some people strictly use tablets in class to take their notes (iPad with an Apple Pencil) but you must have a laptop to take exams.

If you qualified for federal aid (loans), then the dental kit company lets you "defer" your payment for ~1 month after you receive your dental kit. Any time after you receive your kit, you can pay with a credit card of your choice. If you do NOT receive loans (ex: self-paying), then you have a stricter deadline that is usually having to pay for your kit before you receive it.

Update: You'll receive more info about paying for the dental kit before school starts. It'll be an email either directly from someone at LECOM or the dental kit company.

Hi has anyone heard anything recently. I know seats were still available a week ago, and the interview process is over. Just getting anxious knowing LECOM starts mid July and it’s already May now. Trying to wait patiently from the alternate list

Hi has anyone heard anything recently. I know seats were still available a week ago, and the interview process is over. Just getting anxious knowing LECOM starts mid July and it’s already May now. Trying to wait patiently from the alternate list
Hey you should send another letter of intent to Shannon Phillips if you haven’t already. They like to see proactive students who are actually interested in attending the school. Best of luck!

How often do will d1s have exams? Is it 2 exams per class or is it more based on multiple light quizzes and big exams? Thank you! Any examples appreciated

Also, what is the grading system? Is it A B C or plus and minus system? Any curves?

How often do will d1s have exams? Is it 2 exams per class or is it more based on multiple light quizzes and big exams? Thank you! Any examples appreciated

Also, what is the grading system? Is it A B C or plus and minus system? Any curves?

There are about 2/3 exams per class. I'd say exams. It is a grading system.

Oh btw what did say about the clinic experience at the interviews? Did they say that each student is getting their own chair for 3rd year? Just letting you guys know that ain't happening if it is. There's only 100 chairs in the clinics FYI. Looks like students gotta share for the experience.

Last edited:

Oh btw what did say about the clinic experience at the interviews? Did they say that each student is getting their own chair for 3rd year? Just letting you guys know that ain't happening if it is. There's only 100 chairs in the clinics FYI. Looks like students gotta share for the experience.
Have they confirmed the increase in the class size?

Some news.

I have confirmed today that class of 2022 has been mandated to take old boards and 2023 will be required to take new boards and will have PBL in third year. This was already the consensus but it is now confirmed. The old version of the board will not be offered after July 2020.

Class of 2022 may be guinea pigs for the new PBL format in third year per reliable source. PBL in third year will consist of pharmacology, oral pathology, and dental specialities related cases.

Some news.

I have confirmed today that class of 2022 has been mandated to take old boards and 2023 will be required to take new boards and will have PBL in third year. This was already the consensus but it is now confirmed. The old version of the board will not be offered after July 2020.

Class of 2022 may be guinea pigs for the new PBL format in third year per reliable source. PBL in third year will consist of pharmacology, oral pathology, and dental specialities related cases.
So do you mean class of 2023 won’t have any pbl classes until third year? The first two years will be didactic lectures? How will the schedule change then? More likely 9-5 like other schools?

What is the class size now?

So do you mean class of 2023 won’t have any pbl classes until third year? The first two years will be didactic lectures? How will the schedule change then? More likely 9-5 like other schools?

No, he's saying that the incoming class of 2023 would probably have an additional 3rd year of PBL. Currently, the curriculum is set up for only 2 years of PBL. Due to switching to the new combined boards, a 3rd year of PBL would be necessary to ensure retention of material.

What is the class size now?

The class size should still be set at 105. My personal thoughts behind this odd number are that they are trying to account for people dropping out, getting kicked out, or being held back to repeat a year. They're trying to ensure all 100 chairs will be utilized D3 year (higher production for the clinics) but that backfired this year with the class of 2021 having 105 students but 100 chairs.

Your first "semester" (July-September) will be hectic if you don't make a successful transition into dental school. We took 6 classes at once so at one point the exam schedule lined up where one week we had an exam almost everyday Monday-Friday. One of the biggest tips I can give you for that "semester" is to form a study group. I rarely used study groups in undergrad because I study better alone but having that study group to keep me focused and switching between the multiple classes really helped me to transition (especially after my gap year). After that "semester" study groups haven't been that helpful for me because once you start PBL, every group is learning slightly "different material" since every group picks their own chapters for their exam.

2-3 exams per class is normal. Most classes don't have quizzes but we did have them in anatomy, operative and our 2 online classes (radiology and an inter-professional education class). The grading system is simply A, B, C, fail. If your average is below a 75, you have to remediate the course. If you're looking to specialize, after the end of every official semester (December and May) you can file a form to find out your class ranking.

Last edited:
Some news.

Thoughts on this? Also how does that fit in with seeing patients third year? Is this an issue for D4 as well?

Last edited:
Thoughts on this? Also how does that fit in with seeing patients third year? Is this an issue for D4 as well?

There are definitely pro's and cons. The obvious is that it will take away from clinic time. The way I understood it was that it would be incorporated twice a week instead of 3 times a week like it is in 1st and 2nd year. (I am not sure about how many hours. Currently it is two hour blocks in D1/D2 year)

What this means is that twice a week, one of your clinic shifts would be substituted with a PBL session. The clinic is split so that you have a morning shift (9-12) and an afternoon shift (1-4). Multiply this by 5 days and you are looking at 10 shifts/procedures a week. Now in theory you would be doing ten procedures a week but in reality no ones schedule is that full and at least a few shifts a week you are sitting around essentially doing nothing..maybe assisting someone or looking through old charts. So in reality losing two shifts is not a huge deal in my opinion because you can schedule the rest of your patients around those slots and will still probably have a shift or two that is empty. Also keep in mind the demographic of populations coming to a dental school for treatment, they are most often lower income so probably 60% of what you are doing are exams and cleanings with extractions being the next more common dental procedure because it is the cheapest way to get out of pain. Those that are able to will do fillings or crowns and rarely you will get a root canal because of the cost associated with them.

So as far as losing clinic time, i wouldnt worry about it. If you have cool procedures like fillings, extractions, root canals, etc you can schedule them on another day. If you have a cleaning...you'll be glad you can skip it because you will be so proficient at them in such a short amount of time that it starts to get mundane after a while.

The pro's I see of this is that learning about pharm and oral path is a great skill to have to be a well rounded doctor. I'll take a doctor that knows how to spot abnormal findings and know more drug interactions than one who has done a handful more cleanings or fillings.

The cons are well...no one really wants to go to PBL...I mean its not the end of the world but we all look forward to third year because we finally get out of the classroom and to have to go back will be such a drag.

Fourth year will be unaffected. Written boards are over after third year so there would be no point in having PBL afterwords and to have PBL in other locations wouldnt make sense for the school.

Last edited:
There are definitely pro's and cons. The obvious is that it will take away from clinic time. The way I understood it was that it would be incorporated twice a week instead of 3 times a week like it is in 1st and 2nd year. (I am not sure about how many hours. Currently it is two hour blocks in D1/D2 year)

What this means is that twice a week, one of your clinic shifts would be substituted with a PBL session. The clinic is split so that you have a morning shift (9-12) and an afternoon shift (1-4). Multiply this by 5 days and you are looking at 10 shifts/procedures a week. Now in theory you would be doing ten procedures a week but in reality no ones schedule is that full and at least a few shifts a week you are sitting around essentially doing nothing..maybe assisting someone or looking through old charts. So in reality losing two shifts is not a huge deal in my opinion because you can schedule the rest of your patients around those slots and will still probably have a shift or two that is empty. Also keep in mind the demographic of populations coming to a dental school for treatment, they are most often lower income so probably 60% of what you are doing are exams and cleanings with extractions being the next more common dental procedure because it is the cheapest way to get out of pain. Those that are able to will do fillings or crowns and rarely you will get a root canal because of the cost associated with them.

So as far as losing clinic time, i wouldnt worry about it. If you have cool procedures like fillings, extractions, root canals, etc you can schedule them on another day. If you have a cleaning...you'll be glad you can skip it because you will be so proficient at them in such a short amount of time that it starts to get mundane after a while.

The pro's I see of this is that learning about pharm and oral path is a great skill to have to be a well rounded doctor. I'll take a doctor that knows how to spot abnormal findings and know more drug interactions than one who has done a handful more cleanings or fillings.

The cons are well...no one really wants to go to PBL...I mean its not the end of the world but we all look forward to third year because we finally get out of the classroom and to have to go back will be such a drag.

Fourth year will be unaffected. Written boards are over after third year so there would be no point in having PBL afterwords and to have PBL in other locations wouldnt make sense for the school.
What about the class size? In your opinion, do you think the upcoming D1 class will have issues with there being more students than there are clinic seats?

What about the class size? In your opinion, do you think the upcoming D1 class will have issues with there being more students than there are clinic seats?

If your class size is set at 105, like it has been for the past few classes, then it may become a problem. Our class is currently at 103 students so we're still going to run into that issue as well. If the school ever gets approved for 150 students, then they will have to seriously reconsider how sim lab is run D1 and D2 year and how clinics are run D3 and D4 year.

The class of 2021 is going to be the guinea pigs on how clinics are going to be functional with more students than there are seats. I heard that no one will be assigned a specific chair (like in previous years) even if your pod has 10 students for 10 chairs. There are some clinics that have 11 students but 10 chairs. Essentially that means that they won't have their name on a specific operatory like you saw during the tour. I'm not sure how it's going to work with the locker situation either as the center counter in each clinic is built to only have 10 lockers.

Last edited:
If your class size is set at 105, like it has been for the past few classes, then it may become a problem. Our class is currently at 103 students so we're still going to run into that issue as well. If the school ever gets approved for 150 students, then they will have to seriously reconsider how sim lab is run D1 and D2 year and how clinics are run D3 and D4 year.

The class of 2021 is going to be the guinea pigs on how clinics are going to functional with more students than there are seats. I heard that no one will be assigned a specific chair (like in previous years) even if your pod has 10 students for 10 chairs. There are some clinics that have 11 students but 10 chairs. Essentially that means that they won't have their name on a specific operatory like you saw during the tour. I'm not sure how it's going to work with the locker situation either as the center counter in each clinic is built to only have 10 lockers.
That's truly unfortunate. One of the best moments for me seems like the moment you get your name on your op for the first time. Ugh not liking this.

Reactions: 1 users
That's truly unfortunate. One of the best moments for me seems like the moment you get your name on your op for the first time. Ugh not liking this.

Yup! Seeing that you had your own assigned operatory with your name on it was a huge bonus factor for me. It meant that you would be the only one seeing patients in that room for a year. Now that they increased the class size beyond the capacity of the clinics, it's a bummer for me too.

Yup! Seeing that you had your own assigned operatory with your name on it was a huge bonus factor for me. It meant that you would be the only one seeing patients in that room for a year. Now that they increased the class size beyond the capacity of the clinics, it's a bummer for me too.
Are you a D2 currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.