*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning to fly into Tampa cause it's cheaper. Would you say the traffic is bad on Thursday mornings?
Yes, the traffic is horrible. I suggest you to fly the day before your interview and stay at the hotel in Bradenton.

Members don't see this ad.

@Stanelz @joker16z so in the matriculation packet, they request the results of the background check and drug screen to be forwarded to Ms. Phillips' email. Do you all remember how to do that? I've completed both, and there is never any type of option to forward results. Help!!
Did you ever figure this out? Do we have to print our results as well and send it with the other forms?

hi does anyone know anything about lecom's waitlist? like how many people they waitlist, etc? i was recently accepted into nyu but i rather attend lecom.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever figure this out? Do we have to print our results as well and send it with the other forms?
I spoke with Ms. Phillips about it awhile back. She stated she would let me know if I am missing anything. I never had access to the results as far as I know. Anyway, I never heard from her saying that anything was missing. So, I am assuming everything is fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an acceptance offer. Interviewed feb 28th

Reactions: 5 users
I live in lost creek which is right across the street from school. I currently am sharing with someone and our rent together is 1289 which seems pretty standard for that area. School ends in May and we’ll both be going back home but we signed the lease until september. But I’m from Florida so I am willing move out earlier if needed.

Is this still available? If so, I'd love some more information! Private message me for my number so we can text about it.

For anyone that interviewed Feb 21st, did anyone else's LECOM portal status change to "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."?

yes, mine just did!!

i know it was mentioned earlier but not sure at this point how much a letter of intent is weighed by Shannon. sent in thank you emails to both my interviewers after, but i remember reading that if they want you, they want you and the letter of intent has no real meaning. just getting a bit anxious about whether i really should or not, and whether it impacts their decision heavily on whether they want us or not. congrats to everyone who is receiving acceptances!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the Feb 21st interview heard anything yet?! They did say we were gonna hear back this week, right?

i don’t think she gave our group a concrete date, but i remember her telling us they meet to discuss/decide on our apps the week following our interviews.

Hey guys! This is a little late but I just got invited to interview at LECOM and am really excited but was curious about the interview style. I heard it was a group interview with 2 admissions staff and the interview group where they just ask questions to the group as a whole. Can anybody shed some light onto this? Also I’m an OOS student from GA and have been scouring the internet trying to find stats regarding OOS acceptance for each class. Does anybody have a general idea (percentage OOS or number would be great)? Any insight y’all have would be great!

Hey guys! This is a little late but I just got invited to interview at LECOM and am really excited but was curious about the interview style. I heard it was a group interview with 2 admissions staff and the interview group where they just ask questions to the group as a whole. Can anybody shed some light onto this? Also I’m an OOS student from GA and have been scouring the internet trying to find stats regarding OOS acceptance for each class. Does anybody have a general idea (percentage OOS or number would be great)? Any insight y’all have would be great!
It's a group interview with 2 faculty members and 5-6 other applicants. It lasts about an hour and everyone has a chance to answer the questions. The questions are the basics, like about yourself, why this school, etc. Make sure you know something about PBL. Just be honest and yourself. The interview is actually relaxing. It's closed file, meaning the interviewers don't know anything about you. No need to stress about it.

The school is OOS friendly. I think last year's class had 30% in-state applicants.

Last edited:
i know it was mentioned earlier but not sure at this point how much a letter of intent is weighed by Shannon. sent in thank you emails to both my interviewers after, but i remember reading that if they want you, they want you and the letter of intent has no real meaning. just getting a bit anxious about whether i really should or not, and whether it impacts their decision heavily on whether they want us or not. congrats to everyone who is receiving acceptances!!

From my personal experience, I did not send in a letter of intent because I thought my interview went really really bad but still ended up with a first round acceptance. Take that how you wish, but sending in a letter of intent can't hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Another question does anybody have any idea how long the day as a whole lasts? Somebody mentioned the interviews are about an hour but after that are you finished or is there more? Just trying to plan flights out accordingly.

Another question does anybody have any idea how long the day as a whole lasts? Somebody mentioned the interviews are about an hour but after that are you finished or is there more? Just trying to plan flights out accordingly.

From what I remember, they usually last until 2:30-3ish?

It lasts till 2:30 PM. After the interview, you'll have 1 hr lunch with the current students (usually D1 or D2). After that, you will have a tour of the campus. Then, the financial aid officer will discuss tuition, loans, scholarships, etc. Lastly, Shannon will give a brief presentation about the stats of the school and application.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! How do you get invited into the facebook group? Do you have to wait until after the deposit is placed?

Hey! How do you get invited into the facebook group? Do you have to wait until after the deposit is placed?

I posted the link a few times so just scroll to the previous page and ask to join it.

I interviewed on January 31st and my status on AADSAS still says “none”. Does anyone know what this might mean?

I interviewed on January 31st and my status on AADSAS still says “none”. Does anyone know what this might mean?
Some schools don't use AADSAS and use their own portal on their website to relay updates. Have you checked your status on the LECOM website?

My AADSAS status changed about an hour ago to 'invited for interview' but haven't received an email or anything yet. The only date I see in LECOM's portal is March 28th, 8am.
I am in the same exact situation. I hope they open a couple more dates up tho. I wonder what the chances are of acceptance at this point.

I am in the same exact situation. I hope they open a couple more dates up tho. I wonder what the chances are of acceptance at this point.

If they're offering interviews, that means they are still giving out acceptances.

Still haven't gotten any emails yet today. Maybe they didn't mean to update the portal and it'll just be me and you interviewing lmao

If they're offering interviews, that means they are still giving out acceptances.

I agree with this joker

For those that received this portal change, does it mean anything specific? This does not sound good.

" The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."

For those that received this portal change, does it mean anything specific? This does not sound good.

" The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days."
That's what I had and was accepted. Read back in the thread.

It could mean acceptance or rejection. When did you interview?

Last edited:
So it doesnt mean I'm waitlisted? I was expecting this

It could mean anything, honestly. Don’t lose hope, since a lot of us haven’t heard any definitive decisions yet either.

What I find interesting is the way they are reviewing our apps. It seems like they’re not looking at them in chronological order of interview date, since many of us interviewed earlier and the portal still says “the admissions committee is still reviewing your application,” but some who interviewed later are seeing immediate responses.

It could mean anything, honestly. Don’t lose hope, since a lot of us haven’t heard any definitive decisions yet either.

What I find interesting is the way they are reviewing our apps. It seems like they’re not looking at them in chronological order of interview date, since many of us interviewed earlier and the portal still says “the admissions committee is still reviewing your application,” but some who interviewed later are seeing immediate responses.
I was told I posted in dental forms. I applied to their DO program. I cannot see the name of the title.

Can anyone please tell me the breakdown of the interview day? (What the schedule is like)

Arrive at 7:45
8:05-8:25 Curriculum Overview
8:25-9:00 Soap Carving Exercise
9:05-9:30 PBL Overview
9:30-9:55 Clinical Overview
9:55-10:00 Break
10:00-11:05 Interviews
11:05-12:00 Lunch
12:00-12:45 Campus Tours
12:45-1:05 Financial Aid
1:05-1:45 Community & Housing Overview
Expect the day to be over around 2-2:30.

Good Luck!

Do any of the current students know if Shannon is sending out any offers again soon? I know she is super busy..... just getting antsy lol

Do any of the current students know if Shannon is sending out any offers again soon? I know she is super busy..... just getting antsy lol
I believe she's still sending out offers because interviews are still being conducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.