****The Official Temple University Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

my check has been cashed, however I'm wondering how would we check the status of our application. In the supplemental email application, it says check AADSAS portal for updates and so far the portal has not been updated yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know if they only update it for specific things? They may only update it if you get invited for an interview or are given an acceptance. I applied to 22 schools through AADSAS and not a single one has used the AADSAS portal to provide information. That could just be me though.

Do you know if they only update it for specific things? They may only update it if you get invited for an interview or are given an acceptance. I applied to 22 schools through AADSAS and not a single one has used the AADSAS portal to provide information. That could just be me though.

From what I understood from the email, they should updated it for specifics. Here is what the email exactly say :
" After sending your fee, please visit the AADSAS portal to confirm that it has been received. The school does not send application fee confirmations."

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I understood from the email, they should updated it for specifics. Here is what the email exactly say :
" After sending your fee, please visit the AADSAS portal to confirm that it has been received. The school does not send application fee confirmations."

I see what you're saying now. Do you plan on contacting them?

I'm giving them a week if I get nothing from them or through AADSAS, I will be giving them a call

I didnt take A&P and didnt put it in planned coursework. Email them?

Anyone else not get a request for the supplemental yet? My app was sent out late August. I called them a few days ago and they said that I should not worry about it until a few more weeks. I just find it odd that they have not requested a supp or fee yet and want to make sure there are others in the same boat.

Anyone else not get a request for the supplemental yet? My app was sent out late August. I called them a few days ago and they said that I should not worry about it until a few more weeks. I just find it odd that they have not requested a supp or fee yet and want to make sure there are others in the same boat.

Late August? Do you mean late July? I was a part of the 1st batch sent by AADSAS (June 28th) and did not receive the supp. until July 30th, so it took about a month. I e-mailed them about 2 weeks prior and they sent me link to their general website. Also, they do not send a confirmation e-mail that your AADSAS has been received.

Haven't received one either app was sent out 8/2. Guess its normal

Late August? Do you mean late July? I was a part of the 1st batch sent by AADSAS (June 28th) and did not receive the supp. until July 30th, so it took about a month. I e-mailed them about 2 weeks prior and they sent me link to their general website. Also, they do not send a confirmation e-mail that your AADSAS has been received.

LOL...you are right. I meant late July.

I applied to Temple on June 18 but I retook the DAT last week. I haven't been asked to pay the secondary app fee so far. Does Temple ask you to pay the fee only if they are interested in you? Or is Temple holding my app until they get my new DAT? Can anyone give me insight? Temple is not returning my emails.

I applied to Temple on June 18 but I retook the DAT last week. I haven't been asked to pay the secondary app fee so far. Does Temple ask you to pay the fee only if they are interested in you? Or is Temple holding my app until they get my new DAT? Can anyone give me insight? Temple is not returning my emails.

I believe they send everyone the supplemental (which is when you pay the fee) after they have your completed application. So, I would wait until they have your official DAT scores to start worrying.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much for this update!!! i hope i get in :)
btw, if you don't mind my asking, what stats did you get in with?

I got my supp. application before my DAT scores were uploaded onto AADSAS

3.6, 23 AA/22 TS. I did retake after my initial app though. The accepted average GPA was 3.49 and 20.2 DAT. Good luck! Temple is great.

those are amazing stats! congrats! i have a similar gpa and my dat is a little lower than urs. hope i get an interview

My application was completed and sent to schools on 8/15 but I still havent received any supplementals from Temple. Should I be concerned about this or is it just the snail mail doing its wonders :(

No supplemental either and no word of receipt of my AADSAS app !

My application was completed and sent to schools on 8/15 but I still havent received any supplementals from Temple. Should I be concerned about this or is it just the snail mail doing its wonders :(

Mine was sent out 8/2 and still nothing so I assume youre fine!

According to my bank, my check had been cashed. Which means tgey got my supplemental. However they never sent me an app complete or under review email or anything...anyone else not hear back yet?

According to my bank, my check had been cashed. Which means tgey got my supplemental. However they never sent me an app complete or under review email or anything...anyone else not hear back yet?

Did you send the check before them asking for it?

Got an email with the supplemental today! 6th batch

Nope, I sent them the check with the supplemental app and haven't received another email from them since. My check was cashed a little over a week ago. Probably just have to give it some time. Did others get an application complete/under review email or something?

Has Temple started giving out interviews yet? Havent seen anything....

I checked AADSAS portal this morning and it says that my application is Under Review!!! Who else has the same thing??? I'm so nervous cause I really love this program!!!!:D

I checked AADSAS portal this morning and it says that my application is Under Review!!! Who else has the same thing??? I'm so nervous cause I really love this program!!!!:D

Same here!

My check cleared on 8/12 and it's not showing up as a school on my AADSAS portal. Does anyone else not have them listed as a school on AADSAS but their check has already cleared?

My check cleared on 8/12 and it's not showing up as a school on my AADSAS portal. Does anyone else not have them listed as a school on AADSAS but their check has already cleared?

Yep. Same boat. Check cleared around the same time

Hey all, just received my interview today at 12 PM. Hoping to meet my future classmates on SDN :D Good luck guys!

Got an interview today around 2pm. Im in state and interviewed last year. More than happy to answer questions. My stats are 3.3 science,3.6.19,19,20. 2nd batch.

Good luck to everyone!!:thumbup:

Why do you think you didn't get accepted last year? Did they tell you a reason?

Haha. They actually only told me no about 2 weeks ago from last cycle! I was wait listed. The never told me why but it w as quite blatant. I did an absolutely horrible job on the 3 min video haha. I forgot everything I was going to say and ended up muttering into the camera about how much I like teeth. Bahhhhh. Hahahhaha. I would have rejected me but I think the video was so bad they would have felt terrible saying no. Kinda like when you ignore someone who is "special" in public. Haha

Also, I chose the 10th so if anyone else is interviewing then let me know!!

Haha. They actually only told me no about 2 weeks ago from last cycle! I was wait listed. The never told me why but it w as quite blatant. I did an absolutely horrible job on the 3 min video haha. I forgot everything I was going to say and ended up muttering into the camera about how much I like teeth. Bahhhhh. Hahahhaha. I would have rejected me but I think the video was so bad they would have felt terrible saying no. Kinda like when you ignore someone who is "special" in public. Haha

They videotape your interview..?

so...it's like a real world confessional?

Pretty much... minus being drunk and half naked

It's a little strange, but it's also really nice to have it over with in 2-3 minutes. I was a little bit skeptical about it at first, but they do the video so that the decision to accept you or not isn't just up to the person you talk to on interview day. The video is shown to the admissions committee and it just lets all of them get a feel of who you are. I'm in my second month now and I can honestly say that Temple does a fantastic job of selecting a cohesive group of students. We are all pretty similar in our personalities and compliment each other pretty well. There really is a 'family' feel so far and I love it. The video is just basic information though. Just have to talk about why you want to be a dentist, why you want to go to temple, what qualities you have that make you a good candidate etc. You have 3 minutes to say your peace, but don't have to take the entire time. I was super nervous about the video, but it ended up being much better than sitting in front of someone for an hour talking about random stuff. The video is early in the day so you get the stressful part out of the way quick and get to enjoy the rest of the day.

Wow thanks for the great insight. I really hope I get an interview invite sooner or later :D

You only get one chance though. If you make a blunder you dont get another try haha.

Congrats to all getting interviews... Just a heads up dont feel too stressed about not getting an interview right away. An interview does not guarantee an acceptance although an earlier interview date means that there are more seats available. I agree with Swoops about the cohesive feel in the classroom. Be prepared to learn more info in one week than you would see in one month of college. I'm extremely happy in my decision to come here and the upperclassman are also extremely helpful. Just an FYI, I only had the opportunity to interview much later in the cycle. My Iphone/Video interview was extremely nerve wracking and awful. However, I believe that I really did well during the rest of the interview and that is what put me through. I would NOT say the video interview is the only thing that matters! In fact Temple does a good job of testing your skills all around come interview date in order to see if you are a good fit for the school. I strongly believe there is a "type" of person Temple accepts. Good luck to all and pm me if you have any questions

Interviewing on Oct 2nd!! Excited!!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk