****The Official Temple University Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Hey just scheduled my interview for October 9th,
O-3.72
S-3.70
AA/TS/PAT-19/19/20

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, I got my interview invite Wednesday and scheduled for Oct 10th!

Last edited:
anyone know what the cutoff PAT score is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey what days of the weeks do they allow for interviews. So far I am seeing mostly Wednesdays and one Thursday.

For those who received interviews, when was you application pieces mailed out?

Just curious, how long did it take Temple to cash your check? It has been about 3 weeks since I sent mine in and they still haven't cashed it.

Notification date: 09/20
Interview date: 10/01
Residency: in state

Just curious, how long did it take Temple to cash your check? It has been about 3 weeks since I sent mine in and they still haven't cashed it.

Sent mine 9/5 and they cashed it 9/27 so a few weeks for me!

So I was looking through a thread from last year about Temple's interview, and one of the posts mentioned that the interviewees received a confirmation with guideline questions for their video interview. I have an interview scheduled with Temple this week (I called the number that the email gave to make the appointment), but I never got a confirmation email? Ah, I'm freaking out now!

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. Nope, no confirmation is sent. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I am on 4th batch..and hasn't gotten the invitation for interview yet (they cashed out my check in August)
Dnag...I am frustrated right now...
have anyone in 4th batch got invitation for interview yet?? (my application was completed on july 18. and i got my secondary with 1st batch people in late july/early august)

I am on 4th batch..and hasn't gotten the invitation for interview yet (they cashed out my check in August)
have anyone in 4th batch got invitation for interview yet?? (my application was completed on july 18. and i got my secondary with 1st batch people in late july/early august)

When does it say your application was received on aadsas?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it is under review...and they cashed out my secondary app fee as well...

How long did it take for them to post your GPA after submitting transcripts?

Just got an interview today, CA resident, 4th batch.

How did it go?

It went really good. Pretty laid back. I am not going to tell you guys anything but it was a very stress free interview.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Interview invite today. Scheduled for 10/17

Last edited:
When was ur app under review on the adea website?

October 15th anybody?

Kinda nervous how this interview's gonna be.

and i'm Below Average Joe. lol.

From Portland, Oregon.

October 15th anybody?

Kinda nervous how this interview's gonna be.

and i'm Below Average Joe. lol.

From Portland, Oregon.

Below ave. joe? well...what is ur stat? i thought i was just an average jill...(3.7 gpa 3.5sGPA aa22) and did not get an interview from temple yet (applied on mid july) :( i guess i am a below ave. jill with my state....

Below ave. joe? well...what is ur stat? i thought i was just an average jill...(3.7 gpa 3.5sGPA aa22) and did not get an interview from temple yet (applied on mid july) :( i guess i am a below ave. jill with my state....

Don't put yourself down like that. :) those are good stats that are above average. And let's face it, I'm sure we all know that stats aren't everything. And even if you have great EC's, sometimes schools just look for different things. The admissions process and the way they make their decisions are both mysteries.

(힘내세요~)

I wish my stats were that high.
3.44 science, 3.45 overall. aa20 Science 21.

I'm beginning to think dental schools are lottery picking us or something because I applied to Temple last year with same stats and didn't get anything.

I'm sure you'll hear something soon, and higher chance of getting in than me.

Hey guys!
My app has been under review since 12/9 , exactly one month! By this time I would have received an invitation already right? I think I'll face the reality of getting a rejection in december!!! :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

I am aware that there is a video interview at the end but when exactly are the applicants told what to talk about... is it just right before it is their turn to be videotaped? Also, do you get asked questions and respond by looking into the camera or just have to talk for 3 minutes straight? I appreciate the previous interviewees on here telling the rest of us what should be discussed for the video such as why temple and why dentistry... I just wanted to know at what point during interview day do you find out that information or tips on what to say. Thanks and good luck to everyone this cycle!

Hey guys!
My app has been under review since 12/9 , exactly one month! By this time I would have received an invitation already right? I think I'll face the reality of getting a rejection in december!!! :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

Don't sike yourself out. Mine was under review on 8/20, and I received an interview on 10/3, about a month and a half after. You still have time!

I am aware that there is a video interview at the end but when exactly are the applicants told what to talk about... is it just right before it is their turn to be videotaped? Also, do you get asked questions and respond by looking into the camera or just have to talk for 3 minutes straight? I appreciate the previous interviewees on here telling the rest of us what should be discussed for the video such as why temple and why dentistry... I just wanted to know at what point during interview day do you find out that information or tips on what to say. Thanks and good luck to everyone this cycle!

I just had my interview yesterday. At the end of the interview, you have a prompt, during which people take turns doing the video. You can pretty much just talk about whatever you want the admissions committee to know about you. It's really to get your personality across. You get a random question at the end, and I guarantee it will catch you off guard :naughty:.

Don't fret too much about it. Temple takes a completely different approach towards interviews, focusing more on you as a person as opposed to how well you can answer some questions.

I just had my interview yesterday. At the end of the interview, you have a prompt, during which people take turns doing the video. You can pretty much just talk about whatever you want the admissions committee to know about you. It's really to get your personality across. You get a random question at the end, and I guarantee it will catch you off guard :naughty:.

Don't fret too much about it. Temple takes a completely different approach towards interviews, focusing more on you as a person as opposed to how well you can answer some questions.

Thanks for the input and congrats on being done! I have my interview in less than two weeks and I'm so excited! Haha, hopefully I can come up with a good spontaneous answer for that random question.

so... how long is this video itnerview? i heard they give you around 10 minutes? thank you for the insight!

My friend interviewed last cycle and said it was 3 minutes for the video.

You are given 4 minutes, but you should also account for the time needed to answer the random question.

Hey everyone! I just had my interview this past Thursday. The day was a lot of fun! You’ll be spending a lot of time with Brian and the students. So, if you guys have any questions make sure to ask then. In all its a fun day and it goes by quickly. Don’t be nervous.

Everyone was so pumped about temple! The professors, students, and brian especially were super talkative in a down-to-earth, laid-back, family-like sort of way. I was still super nervous but there was not one awkward mmoment. They had a wonderful way of making you feel like you belong. Temple is my number one and will remain so. Hoping and praying for good news december!!!!! Good luck everyone!

Everyone was so pumped about temple! The professors, students, and brian especially were super talkative in a down-to-earth, laid-back, family-like sort of way. I was still super nervous but there was not one awkward mmoment. They had a wonderful way of making you feel like you belong. Temple is my number one and will remain so. Hoping and praying for good news december!!!!! Good luck everyone!

I had mine today. I would say just go and enjoy yourself. I stuttered a few times during the video but I think I made my point across (at least hope to).

Did Temple send out email confirmations that they received our supplemental application (1 page sheet)?

Did Temple send out email confirmations that they received our supplemental application (1 page sheet)?

I didn't receive anything. I had to check my bank statement to see that they cashed my check in order to see if they received my supplemental.

I didn't receive anything. I had to check my bank statement to see that they cashed my check in order to see if they received my supplemental.

Cool, I will do that too. Thanks!

They did not send me an email. They just updated the status on AADSAS portal.

I was looking through last years thread and noticed nobody mentioned getting rejected AFTER receiving an interview. Its my belief that if you receive an interview from Temple that you at least get placed on the waitlist if you are not immediately accepted. So, looking at last years #s, if you received an interview, the acceptance rate was around 70% and then I am guessing the other 30% get put on the waitlist. Does anyone know if this is right? I could be totally wrong but based on past threads this looks to be the case. Anyone able to shed some light on this....current students maybe? Thanks!