****The Official Temple University Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

I was looking through last years thread and noticed nobody mentioned getting rejected AFTER receiving an interview. Its my belief that if you receive an interview from Temple that you at least get placed on the waitlist if you are not immediately accepted. So, looking at last years #s, if you received an interview, the acceptance rate was around 70% and then I am guessing the other 30% get put on the waitlist. Does anyone know if this is right? I could be totally wrong but based on past threads this looks to be the case. Anyone able to shed some light on this....current students maybe? Thanks!

Well perhaps the students who did get rejected after an interview did not want to admit it or are simply not on SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Well perhaps the students who did get rejected after an interview did not want to admit it or are simply not on SDN.

Could be....thats why I am asking out of curiosity.

judging from prior year threads it seems that students are becoming less and less helpful about this kind of stuff as time progresses.

Members don't see this ad :)
less and less helpful

More and more competitive maybe?

I think these "School Specific" threads have been pretty helpful so far. If nothing else, for getting a decent indication of where the process is at certain schools.

Temple is my :love: school.

And I mean, :love:

Hey so im a current student... The 70% is roughly correct but the other 30% I cannot say for sure if people are just thrown on a waitlist. Some people are just not Temple Material and might get a rejection, As for the waitlist just remember there is a hoard of new interviewees I see almost everyday. Keep in mind that people might be added to various groups on the waitlist of people they might accept, could accept, or not accept (Just cause your on a waitlist, depending on the quality of student they encounter later on, does not mean that they will accept you). That being said the later (i mean jan feb or march) the interview the less spots remain and less likely you will get a seat dropping the 70% a bunch) Wish the best of luck to everyone and us students are here to help we just had a bunch of midterms this past week so have been a little busy. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions

I only just received an email stating I needed to send 50$ and the signed form to Temple.
On the form it says name on the cheque, does this refer to the name of the bank if it is a money order? or my name perhaps, even though its not on the paper?
Lastly, how long after that email did you guys hear back??
My aadsas hasnt change since for this school since i applied!

thanks!!

I only just received an email stating I needed to send 50$ and the signed form to Temple.
On the form it says name on the cheque, does this refer to the name of the bank if it is a money order? or my name perhaps, even though its not on the paper?
Lastly, how long after that email did you guys hear back??
My aadsas hasnt change since for this school since i applied!

thanks!!

Same here

I just wanted to say that I had my interview here recently and really liked the vibe of the students. Laid back and not cutthroat. To be honest, I like the video interview. It should let the adcomms get an idea of your energy. Of course, If I get a rejection Dec 2, my view might change..ha!

Good luck to all who have interviews here.

Last edited:
Just got an interview! Too late to call to schedule it but does anyone know if there are pre dec interviews left? Ah so excited

Please post your stats.

Also does Temple send any post-Dec OOS interview invites?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody here with a Supplemental Application...For Section 2, did some of you list ppl names or did you leave it blank? I just want to make sure I'm doing it the right way. Thank you.

When was ur aadsas sent?
Submitted aadsas early sept, verified early october.
I've heard back from a most schools, whether that be for interviews or just updates, but nothing from temple lol

I'm sure they do if they're really interested in you. I don't believe in specific rules...only you can set that limit.

Please post your stats.

Also does Temple send any post-Dec OOS interview invites?

Thanks.

I'm sure they do if they're really interested in you. I don't believe in specific rules...only you can set that limit.

I had my interview about a week ago at Temple, and yesterday my aadsas status changed from "invited for interview" to "Received/Application Complete". I am sure it doesn't mean much, but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else as well.

I had my interview about a week ago at Temple, and yesterday my aadsas status changed from "invited for interview" to "Received/Application Complete". I am sure it doesn't mean much, but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else as well.
This happened to me too! I am also very curious as to what it means...eek.

I interviewed near the end of October and my status changed to "Received/Application Complete" as well. I went ahead and e-mailed Brian and he said that it just means your interview is complete! So no need to worry guys, we are still being considered. Good luck to everyone!!

Just got my interview, no status change on AADSAS yet.

School: Temple
Notification date: 11/5
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 3rd batch
Application complete date: 8/20
GPA (science, overall) 3.48, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/20/16 QR

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused , so there is no personal interview, rather, a video interview?

Just got my interview, no status change on AADSAS yet.

School: Temple
Notification date: 11/5
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 3rd batch
Application complete date: 8/20
GPA (science, overall) 3.48, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/20/16 QR
Gives me hope... we have very similar stats :) My application was submitted 2 weeks after yours... good luck!!!

Also received an invite. Scheduled for 11/20.

4th Batch, from Michigan, completed on 8/19.

Stats: 3.62/3.62

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Are they still giving pre December interviews? I got an invite, just need to call them to set it up.

I interviewed at Temple on Tuesday, November 5th. I submitted to AADSAS in September. I received my secondary application on October 1st and I was offered an interview on October 21st. In this post I will try to give a summary of my interview and my impressions of the experience I had.

About me: 3.2 science, 3.5 overall, 22 PAT, 20 AA, 19 TS. Experience: Founder and president of Allegheny College Pre-Dental Society, Dental Lab Tech, volunteer and assistant at local dental clinics.

The Interview: This was my first interview. If you receive an invitation to interview you will be given the agenda which consists of an introduction where Brian gets to know each of the interviewees, a PowerPoint presentation on Temple Dental, tour of the school, lunch with students, and the video interview.

Students: The students at Temple are a friendly, informative, and exciting group. I was lucky enough to make contact with a current student before visiting, which I would recommend to anyone who is serious about going to and getting into a school. This student met up with me during the interview and we are both attending ASDA's National Leadership Conference this weekend in Chicago where he has offered to meet up at talk to me more about Temple. The dental students that participated in the interview process were honest, kind, and were very happy to be there. I have been to a number of dental schools and this by far the best environment I have witnessed.

Instructors: I would have liked to meet the instructors in a more formal way however given the short amount of time for an interview I think that I would much rather talk to students than instructors. We met three instructors and they all seemed passionate about what they did. One professor chastised one of our interviewees because she had her nails painted which is a definite no-no. The instructor was nice enough about it and I would rather have instructors who are honest than an instructor who babies you even when it says in the guidelines that nails are not to be painted. Overall I would be excited to learn from all three of the instructors we met but I can't say much more than that.

Admissions: Brian was amazing!!! He was energetic and very informative. He was clearly passionate about recruiting the 'right' group of students and knowledgable about the nation's dental school programs. It seemed like all of the dental students were on first name basis with Brian and Brain knew and cared about everyone. My favorite thing about Brian is that he seemed so progressive. He is interested in technology and constantly improving the admissions process. He gave everyone his card and encouraged us to email him anytime. He was also helpful to me personally by helping me explore the military as a way to pay for dental school. Overall, Brian was incredible at his job and really easy to talk to.

Clinical: This is one of the best parts of the school. Everything looked brand new and the students loved it! I talked to interviewees that had already interviewed at 5+ schools who were extremely impressed. Temple has a huge emphasis on the clinical side of dentistry. Students start in the pre-clinic right away and the list and volume of procedures that you will preform in your four years at temple was awesome. If you want to be ready to practice clinically right out of school then go to Temple!

Research: I am not big into research but I acknowledge its incredible importance. Brian told us that Temple is good for research but if you really are all about research then look at schools like Penn and Columbia. Temple has all of the specialties represented which is great in my opinion for for research and an overall understanding of dentistry. I probably wouldn't look at Temple if I wanted to do only research. If you want to specialize, Brian said that Temple's specialty programs accept at least one student in each of their programs each year (I am pretty sure).

Overall, I was extremely surprised and impressed by Temple. I am keeping my fingers crossed for December 1st when I hope to receive an acceptance from my number one choice for dental school. With Temple's incredible facilities and dedication to innovation such as their recent investment in CAD/CAM technology I have no doubt that this is the school to be at for an excellent clinical education. Regardless of my investment of applying to 20 schools, I will accept an offer from Temple right away so I can begin capitalizing on all of the opportunities that they have to offer! I met two interviewees and we hit it off right away. They were both similarly impressed and excited by Temple as I was and we even talked about being roommates! So excited about Temple!

Reactions: 2 users
Surprised and impressed were my exact reactions too. The facilities are SO gorgeous, spacious, and well-designed. It's surprising for a school that's the 2nd oldest in the nation. You're given a lot of time to talk to students, and everyone I talked to was just proud to be at Temple and confident of their clinical skills. The area isn't THAT bad considering the incredible patient pool it creates for the students. Just use your common sense and you'll be safe :)

As Brian said, this school really is the Beast of the East

Anyone interviewing Thursday the 21st? Would love to meet up with a current student as well

Anyone Wednesday the 20th? Lol.

Does this school give out a lot of post-Dec interviews?

Just interviewed today.

Absolutely blown away by how well run the entire program is and how new all of the clinical stuff is. Definitely became my top choice after today and an acceptance on the 2nd would make my year. The interview is very laid back, all of us were cracking jokes with Brian and just having a great time. There is a small writing portion which is very basic and the video interview is not stressful at all. Don't stress this interview, relax, have a good time and just try to show as much of your personality as you can.

Reactions: 3 users
Who's pumped for December 2nd??!?!?!

Reactions: 1 users
Twas the night before ddecisionday all and all through the interweb..

Not a single status was updating...not even Neb

raska.

Nothing rhymes with interweb.

Reactions: 3 users
This school is dope. I hope they choose me! haha

What do people who interviewed have as their aadsas statuses? any "check back december 2"?