****The Official Temple University Kornberg Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you already accepted? If so, congrats! :)
lol no i havent been accepted my interview is tomorrow, i was just wondering because i got accepted to this global brigade trip during the summer

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know where I can find a schedule for the post bach program classes and when they start and when breaks are
Or if someone is currently in it could they message me the current schedule? I would really appreciate it :)

This year orientation was at the end of May, then summer semester went until the second week in August (I think). We had a full two weeks off in August before Fall semester. Fall semester went until Dec 9 and we had holiday break until Jan 2. Spring semester goes Jan 2-April 19 then we outttt

Reactions: 1 users
also if this question is too much you guys don't have to answer but I know at the interview they ask you a question and you talk for 6 minutes,
is the question just why do you want to be a dentist or do they ask something else?

Members don't see this ad :)
This year orientation was at the end of May, then summer semester went until the second week in August (I think). We had a full two weeks off in August before Fall semester. Fall semester went until Dec 9 and we had holiday break until Jan 2. Spring semester goes Jan 2-April 19 then we outttt
awesome thanks so much!

also if this question is too much you guys don't have to answer but I know at the interview they ask you a question and you talk for 6 minutes,
is the question just why do you want to be a dentist or do they ask something else?
There was no question for us. It was essentially just us going into a room one by one, them turning on the camera, and us talking about anything we want for 6 minutes followed by an ethical question.

This years interview is with a faculty member. You will be speaking to someone. What they ask I am not completely sure of though.

Did anyone else receive the "share your status" email?

Hi, are they still sending interview invites for the post-bacc program and if anyone has interviewed already, did you find out if you're accepted?

So update about the interview: it was all recorded on the camera but there is someone there just asking general interview questions
It is also a closed book interview because he did not know my DAT scores/ GPA or extracurlliculers
I really did not like the interview, I felt I did not have enough time to talk about and go into detail about anything because the guy just kept firing questions at me. so yea I really feel like i bombed the interview, I wish we didnt have such a short time limit and that it was not recorded.

Also for those of you waiting to see if you will get an interview, I'm not sure if they will add more dates because this year they are only accepting 50 students, and there were about 15 people in my interview group, so 15 times 4, so about 60 people interviewed, and I am not sure out of those 50 how many they will accept
they did say that when they do send out acceptances that we would only have a week to respond, so I guess if not enough people respond they will interview more people
they did not tell us whenn we should expect to hear whether we got in or not, but students last year said they heard a week after their interview i believe

Members don't see this ad :)
we were told that the post-bacc class size would be capped at 50 and that 40 seats in the DMD program would be reserved for students coming from the post-bacc program. you really cant find a better set up than that anywhere in the us. and no other one year program in the us will prepare you for dental school like this program will. i asked when we could expect to hear back about acceptances and Jo Ann Nyquist, assoc dean, said probably late march or early april. we will have one week to make a decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted as well!

Can we get in-state tuition after one year?

I loved everything about Temple but I am now declining my seat . I hope one of you gets my spot. I just let them know Friday. Good luck to everyone .

Hi, my status is still under review on my portal. Should I bother sending an update email to the admission committee? Are they still giving out interviews for applicants for their dental program? I am currently enrolled in a postbacc program at GMU. My fall semester GPA is 3.88 and updated my stats on my application back in January.

Hi, my status is still under review on my portal. Should I bother sending an update email to the admission committee? Are they still giving out interviews for applicants for their dental program? I am currently enrolled in a postbacc program at GMU. My fall semester GPA is 3.88 and updated my stats on my application back in January.
If my application is still under review, with no interview invite, should I assume I am rejected at this point?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just declined my seat. Very difficult decision to make, as I loved my time at Temple. Hope one of you gets it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Accepted into post-bacc today as well

I interviewed March 12. I am not sure yet. I am currently waitlisted at a school and I was hoping to get in there. The waitlist should be moving this month but now I only have a week to put down a large 5k deposit and hold out for the school I am waitlisted at. I will definitely have my decision by April 8 (the day before the deposit is due).
This is the same scenario for me. Are you waitlisted at Indiana too? I’m in their in-state waitlist.

Just got accepted to the post-bacc as well. Received an email at 3pm. Interviewed March 12

Does anyone know if the dental school class is full. My app is still open.. I interviewed in early March.. emailed intent.. was told my app was still open. I need some closure here. Do they reject anyone, or just leave us hanging?

I also got accepted for the post bacc. I interviewed on March 8th. But I’m waiting to hear back from other programs that are closer to my home state... but don’t we have to mail the forms and receive by April 9th? That’s less than 1 week to come up with 5K...

Do you guys know if they are sending out more acceptances for the post bac program?

It is getting late and we still haven't received the email about where to send the money/ forms for the post bacc. Looks like we have to snail mail everything in and we have less than a week to make decisions. Anyone get the extra email yet?

They probably expect us to overnight ship it using UPS.

Are they still sending acceptance for post bacc?

Anyone else struggling with the post-bacc decision? 44k for one year is kind of a lot especially with a 5k deposit not to mention living expenses.

I do... it is a lot of money for a non-degree/ no certificate program. But I really like their curriculum for including dental assisting experience. I see that as a constant reminder of why I want to become a dentist. Working directly with patients is so rewarding. It would be so perfect if I am from PA and/ or temple is my top school choice. At the same time, having that security in knowing that if I work hard in this program, I will probably get in their DMD program next year is something that makes it hard for me to decline the acceptance...

I do... it is a lot of money for a non-degree/ no certificate program. But I really like their curriculum for including dental assisting experience. I see that as a constant reminder of why I want to become a dentist. Working directly with patients is so rewarding. It would be so perfect if I am from PA and/ or temple is my top school choice. At the same time, having that security in knowing that if I work hard in this program, I will probably get in their DMD program next year is something that makes it hard for me to decline the acceptance...

From what I've learned at a recent information session, there's no longer a guaranteed admission into the DMD program, there's just a guaranteed interview. I believe they are only reserving 40 spots for post-bacc students

This is absolutely the best opportunity to learn more and prepare for dental school. This program probably has the best odds to get you into dental school considering the curriculum plus you're likely going to be ahead of your peers your first year. Not to mention temple seems to be a great school

Dental_93 is correct, they told us they are reserving 40 seats for post-bacc students. there are 50 post-bacc students so i woud look at this as a good thing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.