-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official Touro Class of 2022 Interview/ Acceptance Thread****
Started by Frank Kennedy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
hey, guys i finally got an interview!! How was the interview process? what is the hardest/ easiest question they asked? Any help would be much appreciated !! (SDN doesn't have a resource page for Touro dental school)
Thanks !
It depends 100% on your application. It’s open file to the max. They focused on the positive qualities of my app though, so it didn’t feel like they were out to get me. I think they are super relaxed.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Great to know. So the biggest recommendation is to know your application to the max?It depends 100% on your application. It’s open file to the max. They focused on the positive qualities of my app though, so it didn’t feel like they were out to get me. I think they are super relaxed.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Great to know. So the biggest recommendation is to know your application to the max?
Yes! It’s a really easy interview so you don’t want to mess it up by not matching your app. You’ll do great, good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Is anyone still having trouble scheduling an interview? I've been calling for over a week and I've left messages but I'm never able to get a hold of them
After two weeks of trying, I was finally able to get through yesterday. The first available appointment is for January 10!
It was really nice and laid back. During breakfast, a few of the interviewers went around to come and talk to us about the school. All the current dental students seem to be really happy that they chose Touro. I honestly had a really great time there. It felt more like an open house than an interview.How was the interview on 11/1 for everybody?
That being said you should definitely come prepared, know your application like the back of your hand. (It Is an interview after all)
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Just scheduled mine! Earliest one available right now is Jan 17.
My interview on Jan 17 (afternoon session) as well =)
Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm still waiting to hear back from themMy interview on Jan 17 (afternoon session) as well =)
Anyone know if they are done interviewing for this cycle?
Anyone know if they are done interviewing for this cycle?
My interview is December 6th, so no they are not done interviewing.
When did you get the interview?My interview is December 6th, so no they are not done interviewing.
Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm still waiting to hear back from them
App Complete: 9/12
Invitation: 11/7
Residency: NY
GPA: 3.76 (sGPA 3.73)
DAT: 20AA, 21TS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congratulation! I also got an invitation this morning, have you scheduled your interview yet? I wonder what the available days areInterview #5!
Same here! I would love to know. I am calling tomorrow to try to schedulecongratulation! I also got an invitation this morning, have you scheduled your interview yet? I wonder what the available days are
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Does anyone know if just taking Ubers around is possible? I'm flying into LGA and was just planning on Ubering up to Hawthorne and then Ubering from hotel to Touro and vice versa. My only concern would be the availability of Ubers the morning of the interview
Yes, they're available.
congratulation! I also got an invitation this morning, have you scheduled your interview yet? I wonder what the available days are
They had one random date next Wednesday and then 2 in January. The 17th and the 24th!Same here! I would love to know. I am calling tomorrow to try to schedule
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Did they email those of you who have interviewed asking for an updated unofficial transcript? I just sent mine in and I am hoping I don't get waitlisted/rejected due to taking some classes still. I loved it at Touro!
Does anyone know if just taking Ubers around is possible? I'm flying into LGA and was just planning on Ubering up to Hawthorne and then Ubering from hotel to Touro and vice versa. My only concern would be the availability of Ubers the morning of the interview
If I were you I would take the Metrorail from LGA it will be like $8 vs a $45 Uber. I flew into Westchester airport personally and had no trouble getting Uber’s when I was there. For your interview day I would use Lyft because you can schedule a ride the day before or use a taxi service and call ahead the day before as well to be safe.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I interviewed in October and did not receive an email asking for an updated unofficial transcript.. hope this isn't a bad sign!Did they email those of you who have interviewed asking for an updated unofficial transcript? I just sent mine in and I am hoping I don't get waitlisted/rejected due to taking some classes still. I loved it at Touro!
same situation here. it won't go through for some reason.
Acceptance #1!!!
Check your emails, y'all!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Check your emails, y'all!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
me too!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First acceptance! Emailed at 12:01
What day did you interview? just wondering if we interviewed same day! I got in too!I’m in!!!
What day did you interview? just wondering if we interviewed same day! I got in too!
Yesterday! (Wednesday)
omg thats a GREAT turn around! Lucky you!! Only had to wait like 24 hours! Congrats!Yesterday! (Wednesday)
omg thats a GREAT turn around! Lucky you!! Only had to wait like 24 hours! Congrats!
Thank you! You too!!
Accepted!!
My interview is scheduled for December 6. When I scheduled this interview, I was told I was still considered first batch.
I will be declining this interview as I got accepted elsewhere already. If you applied and are still waiting for an interview here, call in the morning and see if you can take my spot. Best of luck to everyone!
I will be declining this interview as I got accepted elsewhere already. If you applied and are still waiting for an interview here, call in the morning and see if you can take my spot. Best of luck to everyone!
Just gave up my seat here! I hope it goes to one of you people waitlisted! All the best 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted 🙂
Accepted! Thankful for this opportunity
Accepted!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K