****The Official Tufts U. School of Dental Medicine c/o 2021 interview/acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else's status change to received/under review on 2/23 post interview?

yep

Members don't see this ad.

I've been scouring through last years acceptance thread in preparation for my upcoming interview, and I am noticing some big differences between this cycle and last cycle. It seems they gave interviews from November to late March/early April last year. This year, it seems they are stopping interviews at the end of February (as per the Tufts website). Any idea why the change? It also seems like the class was almost at capacity this time last year, whereas now it seems the class is just over half full (as of two or so weeks ago). Did they change something up or is year to year fluctuation normal?
Well I know that a lot of students were offered deferred acceptance from last cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
On the 27 the committee will be in conference.final Acceptances will be known within 1-2 weeks

Yeah I thought Tufts wasn't close to filling up their class?

Hi all, I will be interviewing at Tufts this Tuesday and I am beyond excited! I have heard nothing but great things about Tufts and would be ecstatic to gain acceptance and attend. Is there any tips for the interview that previous interviewees could give me? And what are my chances of acceptance from Tufts at this point? (I know I'm beating a dead horse with the cliche questions, but I just want to cover all of my bases and be absolutely prepared).

MA resident here, Just popped into Tufts and spoke personally with the admissions department. They said that they would be sending out a wave of acceptances either today late afternoon, or this upcoming Friday if the admissions committee meeting runs long, good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 5 users
can someone tell me the total cost of tufts dental school?

MA resident here, Just popped into Tufts and spoke personally with the admissions department. They said that they would be sending out a wave of acceptances either today late afternoon, or this upcoming Friday if the admissions committee meeting runs long, good luck everyone!!
I really hope you're not a troll because I'll be heartbroken if you are...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
accepted today via email!

Interviewed last week 2/21

i've literally refreshed my email every 5 minutes hoping for something since silverfillings post lol

Reactions: 2 users
ah okay, i was waitlisted in december, so i think you have a better chance than me

I called them today and they said they don't know yet and it is all up to the director of admissions and Dr. Holloway. Last year they interviewed until April

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

did they mention anything about waitlisted students?

I called them today and they said they don't know yet and it is all up to the director of admissions and Dr. Holloway. Last year they interviewed until April

I'm think interviews concluded the first week of march last year.

Accepted via email yesterday at around 2pm EST... Unfortunately I will not be attending due to next years anticipated tuition hike, Good luck to everyone else applying!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted via email yesterday at around 2pm EST... Unfortunately I will not be attending due to next years anticipated tuition hike, Good luck to everyone else applying!

what kinda cost hike are they talking about?

Congrats! When did you interview? Still waiting to hear back :/

anyone know when the decision will be released? seems like couple ppl have been offered but didn't see whole lot and no waitlist...?

anyone know when the decision will be released? seems like couple ppl have been offered but didn't see whole lot and no waitlist...?
I called the admissions office today, and they said that February interviewees will hear back by the end of March at the latest.

did they make decisions or they are holding until the end of march? seems weird bc they said they meet at the end of the feb. idk whats going on...

Where did you hear about this anticipated tuition hike? I'd like to know more about it. Think BU will raise their tuition accordingly?

Where did you hear about this anticipated tuition hike? I'd like to know more about it. Think BU will raise their tuition accordingly?

Tufts is increasing tuition due to the new curriculum rollover introduced to the D1 Students this year. I am not certain about BU.

When am I gunna find out the school's decision? I'm tired of searching 'ADEA Portal' on Google, accidentally clicking on 'Adele', and then getting dragged to itunes.

When am I gunna find out the school's decision? I'm tired of searching 'ADEA Portal' on Google, accidentally clicking on 'Adele', and then getting dragged to itunes.
Maybe they'll send out some decisions tomorrow? I'd rather not get my hopes up though

ANY one with deferred enrollment?

Recently interviewed in Feb and waitlisted here. Pretty bummed and shocked especially considering they said 75-80% of interviewees get acceptances. I keep going through my interview in my head...:( can't figure out what went wrong and used up the last of summer job savings to fly out to Boston.

What are my prospects of making it off the WL?

Reactions: 2 users
Recently interviewed in Feb and waitlisted here. Pretty bummed and shocked especially considering they said 75-80% of interviewees get acceptances. I keep going through my interview in my head...:( can't figure out what went wrong and used up the last of summer job savings to fly out to Boston.

What day did you interview? As for prospects of making it off, it really depends on many factors such as how full the class is currently, how many people drop their seats in the class, and how many people are on the waitlist. Waitlist movement varies from year to year depending on these factors. Short answer: no one except Adcoms really knows.

Ah I'm sorry to hear that. I know how I felt when I got that email too. Keep your head up, all we can do is hope for the best now. I know in previous years, movement has been pretty decent. But like the previous poster said, every year is different. I have my fingers crossed and I'm praying that most of us on the waitlist make it into the class at some point.

What day did you interview? As for prospects of making it off, it really depends on many factors such as how full the class is currently, how many people drop their seats in the class, and how many people are on the waitlist. Waitlist movement varies from year to year depending on these factors. Short answer: no one except Adcoms really knows.

The 7th. Got the WL email earlier this week. Just not sure what more/else I could've done. I have some friends that are waitlisted because of pre-reqs or classes that are pending completion, but my file was complete. I hate the waiting game :inpain::hungover:

The 7th. Got the WL email earlier this week. Just not sure what more/else I could've done. I have some friends that are waitlisted because of pre-reqs or classes that are pending completion, but my file was complete. I hate the waiting game :inpain::hungover:
Ahh I'm sorry to hear that. But at this point all you can do is wait. Just hang in there! I have heard of large waitlist movement with Tufts before in the past so you're not out of the game yet!

On Wednesday March 1st, I received an email offering me a deferred acceptance for the class of 2022 contingent on completion of a one-year biomedical sciences study. I have various other acceptances, so I will not be doing a one year study. Wish I could attend Tufts, but best of luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 3 users
On Wednesday March 1st, I received an email offering me a deferred acceptance for the class of 2022 contingent on completion of a one-year biomedical sciences study. I have various other acceptances, so I will not be doing a one year study. Wish I could attend Tufts, but best of luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear that. Cody and I will be bummed not to have you.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

when did you interview? :( that mean everyone from now on is waitlisted? i thought decision was supposed to be released at the end of feb...anyone know if class full? sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.