*** The Official UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the call (acceptance). No mention was made of $. Is $ info mailed, or would she have said on the phone if I received a scholarship?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call about 10 min ago. Accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Do they send you an email too if you get accepted?

My understanding is they're doing the calls first then will send out the paperwork later (at least that's what they told me on the call).

Reactions: 1 users
Just received a call a little while ago! :) So happy to be accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
my heart is pumping too much blood now, about to pass out lol

AAAACCCEEEEPPTEEEDDDD!!!! GOT A CALL FROM THE DEAN!!!! THANK YOU, UCSF!!!!!!! :soexcited::clap::love:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they're done giving out the first batch of acceptances, just got an email that I'm under consideration

so anyone got rejected? I wanna see if "under consideration" is the same thing as rejection. I submitted my financial stuff late does that have anything to do with no status update??

so anyone got rejected? I wanna see if "under consideration" is the same thing as rejection. I submitted my financial stuff late does that have anything to do with no status update??
nope... nothing to do with this. the financial aid stuff is just in case, so they can start doing paperwork after you accept

Is there a page on FB so we can start getting to know our future/possible classmates?

Accepted to my dream school, UCSF! (voicemail and email)
:biglove:

I still haven't heard back from UCSF and my application was complete early September! Anyone have any advice/comments?

Has anyone here been on the campus tour? and does it help in any way?

Has anyone here been on the campus tour? and does it help in any way?
I have! I scheduled it for a random day (not on my interview day) and was on the tour with two students and one other person. Was it necessary? Probably not if you have/will interview. But, I was able to get 1-1 time with the students and a more in depth tour where I was free to ask questions.

During my interview day tour, the group was really large and I had a hard time hearing the guides/asking all the questions I wanted to ask. In general I thought it was beneficial to tour beforehand, especially since I was already in the area. Made my interview day that much less stressful/unfamiliar.

Has anyone received their financial aid package after acceptance yet? On the phone they told me to expect it on December 10th but I haven’t received anything

Does the student interviewer call every student that got accepted?

I still haven't heard back from UCSF and my application was complete early September! Anyone have any advice/comments?

My friend called last week and was told that they would be sending out interview invites for the last couple of January interviews before the new year but were vague about it.

Anyone know whether University grants that are given in the financial aid package are probably just a one time thing for the first year, or if students generally get some amount of grants each year?

Anyone know whether University grants that are given in the financial aid package are probably just a one time thing for the first year, or if students generally get some amount of grants each year?

I'm not 100% sure, but typically (i'm in-state) they distribute about the same amount in grants every year (unless your financial situation differs greatly in your future FAFSA applications, ex: you win the lotto lol).

However, keep in mind that they might award you more your first year if you're coming from out of state in order to offset the extra tuition cost; in this case, your grant rewards may decrease quite a bit for the following years... given you become a CA resident after your first year.

ANyone know when the next round of offers is?

My friend called last week and was told that they would be sending out interview invites for the last couple of January interviews before the new year but were vague about it.

I called last week and that’s what they told me too! They said they were going to send out interviews this past week but haven’t heard anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did everyone here receive anything in the mail from UCSF back in early December? Like an acceptance package or something along those lines? Also, were you guys contacted by a current student and faculty member?

Did everyone here receive anything in the mail from UCSF back in early December? Like an acceptance package or something along those lines? Also, were you guys contacted by a current student and faculty member?

Nothing in mail, but they did email me the FA package. I got a call from a student

I JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW!! I am literally crying!!

Reactions: 4 users
Well, all I got a holiday greetings from them and I was happy with that until I came here. Now I feel how gullible I was lol. :roflcopter:

Last edited:
Was anyone else pleasantly surprised with how much grants they gave?

Just a heads up. UCSF started sending rejections now. Not for me, but yeah it's coming.

Has anyone got rejected after interviewing at UCSF? On their website it says they interview about 250-275 applicants for class size of ~90 students.

Interviewed last Friday. They said that the second round of offers/wl/rejections will be released in mid-February (~2/16)

Should I send ucsf an update of what I'm up to or just wait until they say something in February? I interviewed with them pre-december.

My status changed from invited to interview to received/under review! Anyone with a pre-december interview know if this is a good sign?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.