*** The Official UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
My status changed from invited to interview to received/under review! Anyone with a pre-december interview know if this is a good sign?!?!
They do that for everyone after they interview if I remember correctly.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know the 2019 match results for those at UCSF?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything? I was told we would hear back the 14th!

Nothing yet! my status on AADSAS is still "under the review"

That's what my status is as well! I called the admissions office and they aren't picking up!

anyone know when the next round of acceptance comes out?

anyone know when the next round of acceptance comes out?

In the past they released offers on Wednesdays (usually) and Thursdays-so hopefully tomorrow!

Still nothing...has anyone called the admissions office lately to get an idea of when they are releasing the next round?

Can anyone confirm that the waitlist has been offered back in December? I heard that someone got accepted off the waitlist this week. I'm sure at my interview the school said waitlist offers won't be made until February.

My deposits for other schools are due soon, so hopefully we will hear back before Tuesday.

Accepted! Woke up by the call around 9:30 AM:biglove: interviewed late January.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same! Got a call this morning and just received an email now.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email stating I’m waitlisted :/ Interviewed late October.

just got waitlisted, will not be accepting it. Hopefully, it helps one of you!

• Angry
Did anyone get an confirmation email from the school on accepting the wait list invitation?

Anyone hear anything so far? And out of curiosity, is there anyone who has interviewed but got rejected?

Did anyone on the waitlist receive a Cost of Living Supplement email? I'm waitlisted, and the email was addressed to 'incoming students' so I'm not sure if I am supposed to fill out the form.

Did anyone on the waitlist receive a Cost of Living Supplement email? I'm waitlisted, and the email was addressed to 'incoming students' so I'm not sure if I am supposed to fill out the form.
I received this email as well, not sure if I should fill it out since I am also on the waitlist. I got excited for a second when it said "incoming students" lol.

The email did say that students admitted after the deadline will still have an opportunity to apply so maybe they'll send it again to students who got accepted off the waitlist after April 5? Could always call and ask.

i gave up my waitlist spot and still received it.

• Haha
Did anyone on the waitlist get an acceptance or hear anything from the admissions?

Did anyone on the waitlist get an acceptance or hear anything from the admissions?

I called them last week to ask about waitlist movement and they said that their class was full at the moment.

Got an email confirming that the class is full, did they take anyone from the waitlist this cycle?

:( I was hoping that's because of some people gave up their spot on the waitlist.....

I gave them another call last Wednesday (4/17) and at that time, they said that there were some open spots in their class. Perhaps they offered those remaining spots to people on the waitlist this Monday, but maybe not everyone will accept and there will be more waitlist movement. That or I'm being too hopeful and their class really is completely full, a lot of schools are almost finished filling up their classes at this point in the cycle :(

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my seat today, so its not over yet guys. The waitlist is going to move very very slowly. I dont know if they rank their waitlist but if you are local I think you will have a better chance. The reason I say that is because during the interview, they told us that if they still have spots open during the summer they will look fill the spots with more local students who will most likely attend. All these schools are trying to fill up their spots asap but unfortunately for them, and fortunately for us, it doesn't work out that way.

Just withdrew my seat today, so its not over yet guys. The waitlist is going to move very very slowly. I dont know if they rank their waitlist but if you are local I think you will have a better chance. The reason I say that is because during the interview, they told us that if they still have spots open during the summer they will look fill the spots with more local students who will most likely attend. All these schools are trying to fill up their spots asap but unfortunately for them, and fortunately for us, it doesn't work out that way.
Appreciate the update! If you don't mind me asking, when were you accepted and how many days did they give you to submit your deposit?

Hmmm does that mean they'll prefer norcal residents over socal residents? :(

Hmmm does that mean they'll prefer norcal residents over socal residents? :(
:/ im not too sure about that one just because they didn't talk about it too much, but i personally think they just meant california residents in general vs out of state

Got off the waitlist but declined the offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.