*** The Official UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

swadds77

Reaction score
Hey guys, I didn't see a thread for this school specifically yet, so I decided to create this one!

Link to interview prep: University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
I hope we hear back soon! The interviews came out earlier last year +pity+

Reactions: 1 user
I hope we hear back soon! The interviews came out earlier last year +pity+
Same. I got an email stating they had started reviewing my application 07/16, so I suppose I have another month or so before I hear anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. I got an email stating they had started reviewing my application 07/16, so I suppose I have another month or so before I hear anything.
When did you submit? I still haven't received a notification yet, unfortunately.

Is it this email?
"Thank you for your application to the UCSF School of Dentistry. This message is to confirm that your application is now complete and will be submitted for review. The review process can take up to 4-6 weeks.

Due to volume of applications, our office is not able to respond to individual application status inquiries by phone or e-mail. Please monitor the status of your application by going to the AADSAS website."

Is it this email?
"Thank you for your application to the UCSF School of Dentistry. This message is to confirm that your application is now complete and will be submitted for review. The review process can take up to 4-6 weeks.

Due to volume of applications, our office is not able to respond to individual application status inquiries by phone or e-mail. Please monitor the status of your application by going to the AADSAS website."

Yup, that's the one.

okay thanks! Received this back in mid June and nothing else.
No problem. From what I saw in last year's thread, it seemed that people who received that email around the same time we did heard back around August 8th, so we should most likely hear something one way or the other within the next couple of weeks I presume.

I submitted through AADSAS on 07/01 and the supplementary app on 07/06
Wait, there's another supplemental with more questions besides the primary? They only asked for a payment from me and that was it... I'm assuming I would receive one after that?

Is it this email?

I got the same one mid June as well. Mail-out date 6/12ish.

Wait, there's another supplemental with more questions besides the primary? They only asked for a payment from me and that was it... I'm assuming I would receive one after that?
Sorry not supplemental application! I meant the payment lol. Their supplemental was through AADSAS, sorry about that!

Anyone get any news yet as far as interviews go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite! Never thought UCSF would invite me considering so many amazing applicants apply here!

Does anyone have info on the percentage of people who interview and get accepted?

Interview invite! Never thought UCSF would invite me considering so many amazing applicants apply here!
When did you submit and get verified? If you don’t mind could you share your stats!

first rejection! AA 24, TS 27

When did you submit and get verified? If you don’t mind could you share your stats!

Submitted 6/5, verified 6/12, app complete I think 6/17. 3.9 gpa and 24 AA. I had a ton of very long-served (ranging from 4 to 8 years) community service activities which I think is stressed heavily at this school.

when do you guys think they will get to apps that got completed 7/30 I got verified early July.

First rejection. 24AA/23TS/20PAT. Man I really was hoping I'd at least get an interview :(

Rejected. 23 AA/23TS/19PAT. Good luck to everyone!

UCSF assigned my interview date. I am THRILLED to receive the invitation, however I have another interview scheduled that day. I have purchased flights, and this previous interview was scheduled back in June.

I emailed them asking them if I can change my interview. According to my interview invitation, the only acceptable reasons for asking for change are (documentation required):
  1. You have an exam scheduled on the date of the interview.
  2. You are scheduled to take the DAT on the date of your interview.
  3. You have a medical emergency.
I provided documentation for my other interview.

Considering a previously scheduled interview is not one of the "acceptable reasons," but it is a pretty big conflict, any thoughts on whether UCSF will allow me to reschedule? Anyone have inside info on admissions at UCSF? I love the school, but do not want to sacrifice my other interview, re-purchase flights, etc.

Thanks!

Anybody know how many they tend to interview and how many of those are accepted?

Received my interview invite this morning!

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/18/2018
Application complete date: 7/6/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.52, 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/23/28/none

I'm pretty surprised I got an interview considering my lower GPA but am thrilled! Anyone know the stats on interview vs acceptance?

Hehe interview invite at 10:27am!

Sci GPA: 3.73 Overall GPA: 3.77
AADSAS Mail out: 6/12/18
Application Complete: 6/22/18
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any below 17): 22/21/23/29/none

Did those of you who got invites just directly replied to the invite email to accept it? I replied both to the invite email as well as the attached email (I think they are the same) just in case.

Did those of you who got invites just directly replied to the invite email to accept it? I replied both to the invite email as well as the attached email (I think they are the same) just in case.

I relied to the invitation email

Rejected yesterday.
3.83 cGPA/3.85 sciGPA
22AA/22TS/22PAT
Solid ECs
OOS-Indiana

Is UCSF big into accepting in state kids? This is my first rejection and am a little discouraged..

Rejected yesterday.
3.77 cGPA/3.71 sciGPA
22AA/22TS/21PAT/24QR

Rejected yesterday
3.82 cGPA/3.82 sGPA
23AA/23TS/21PAT

UCSF assigned my interview date. I am THRILLED to receive the invitation, however I have another interview scheduled that day. I have purchased flights, and this previous interview was scheduled back in June.

I emailed them asking them if I can change my interview. According to my interview invitation, the only acceptable reasons for asking for change are (documentation required):
  1. You have an exam scheduled on the date of the interview.
  2. You are scheduled to take the DAT on the date of your interview.
  3. You have a medical emergency.
I provided documentation for my other interview.

Considering a previously scheduled interview is not one of the "acceptable reasons," but it is a pretty big conflict, any thoughts on whether UCSF will allow me to reschedule? Anyone have inside info on admissions at UCSF? I love the school, but do not want to sacrifice my other interview, re-purchase flights, etc.

Thanks!

Have they gotten back to you?

Can any UCSF students/people in SF shine some light on the average COL? I know you can expect to spend 1500-2000ish on an apartment if you're rooming with someone, but is food/anything else super inflated there? Can one expect to spend about 2500 a month, or is it more towards the 3000+ range?

UCSF Provides the least info about applicants and statistics that I have seen.

According to info I have here, however, 82% of students are in-state.

I had no clue how hard it is to get in here! I am floored seeing all of the stats on all these rejections! I had my application finished on 7/20 and will update when I receive a rejection/invite.

Can any UCSF students/people in SF shine some light on the average COL? I know you can expect to spend 1500-2000ish on an apartment if you're rooming with someone, but is food/anything else super inflated there? Can one expect to spend about 2500 a month, or is it more towards the 3000+ range?
i say if you rent a house with 2-3 roommates, it can be 1000-1500.
plus 700-1000 living expenses, depends on how you eat lol. if you eat out all the time, than definitely 1000+

i say if you rent a house with 2-3 roommates, it can be 1000-1500.
plus 700-1000 living expenses, depends on how you eat lol. if you eat out all the time, than definitely 1000+

Sheesh. Do you know if UCSF gives out scholarships often, or if they give out financial aid often?

I received my interview invite on August 7th! Totally blindsided me but I'm excited!
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30/2018
Application complete date: 7/6/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/25/none

Does anybody know if UCSF interviews a ton of people, and selects few? Or is more like 50% as some schools do. I am mainly asking for OOS. I see so many people getting rejections, but I received an interview invite. While I have good stats, I am shocked (considering what I see in the rejection posts). I am OOS. Basically I am wondering if I interview well, what are the odds of getting accepted from a percentage standpoint?

Does anybody know if UCSF interviews a ton of people, and selects few? Or is more like 50% as some schools do. I am mainly asking for OOS. I see so many people getting rejections, but I received an interview invite. While I have good stats, I am shocked (considering what I see in the rejection posts). I am OOS. Basically I am wondering if I interview well, what are the odds of getting accepted from a percentage standpoint?

UCSF doesn’t release this information. Last year had 9 incoming OOS students, so you can assume probably 20-25 OOS acceptances and 50 or so interview invites.

Anyone doing the DentStay program?

Just received my invitation via email an hour ago!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.