**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I hope I didn't confuse you. I just got the under review email from UMICH. I haven't recieved the app complete email from them yet. I did however get an email from them that they got my app very recently. Did you get that email?

Oh yea that was a month ago hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Damn my app was complete on 9/12. I haven't got the under review email from here (but I did from UMich). So hopefully I get my under review email soon. What are your stats if you don't mind telling me

Appreciate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Can I ask you both when you submitted in your aadsas application and when was your mail out date?

Yeah I submit my AADSAS app near the end of August and my gpa was verified September 1st. Mail out date was 9/9

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite for the 12th of November! Oct 15th was full.
9/09-application received
9/16-application under review
9/19- interview invite
I hope that helps anyone wondering how the timeline went.
Can I know what is your GPA and DAT score

yeah even though i said it in a comment above :laugh:
sgpa-3.0
cgpa-3.3
DAT: AA-22, TS-24 (22 bio 24 orgo 27 gc)
How are your EC's if you don't mind me asking?

not the best, i'm a pretty under average applicant besides my good DAT score which I needed to even be considered for the most part. I have about 100 shadow hours, some volunteering in Detroit, tutoring, things like that. I think the only thing that could potentially give me an advantage is the fact that I'm enrolled in a well known Masters program at Wayne state (Basic Medical Sciences at the med school). But, it's my first semester and I haven't even received grades yet. Another thing is that they like reapplicants, and I applied last year and was waitlisted.
That's so awesome. I hope you get in this cycle, it seems like you made improvements from last cycle. Thanks for all the information I really appreciate it. I completed my app last week lol so I really would love even an interview from them haha.

Im going from Vancouver as well.
I also read online that public transport is not good, but ive spent soo much money already, it would be nice to save on something.
Im just gonna try taking transit to the hotel, if it doesn't work just take a cab for interview.

No i havent gotten any emails so far for 10:45 instead of 10. When did u get the email?

Nice! I'm leaving on 13th at night and arrive in Detroit on 14th. I kinda tried to save some money by having a free airport transportation provided by the hotel.
btw, when Carol sent the email personally, she said I am scheduled on 10am but when I received confirmation email shortly after, it was on Sept 13th, it said 10:45am. So I'm very confused now..

Nice! I'm leaving on 13th at night and arrive in Detroit on 14th. I kinda tried to save some money by having a free airport transportation provided by the hotel.
btw, when Carol sent the email personally, she said I am scheduled on 10am but when I received confirmation email shortly after, it was on Sept 13th, it said 10:45am. So I'm very confused now..

Im leaving on the 14th and coming back on the 16th.
I just got the confirmation email and it says 10:45, so im gonna get there before 10 to make sure I dont miss anything.
I'm excited, my first interview
see u there:D

not the best, i'm a pretty under average applicant besides my good DAT score which I needed to even be considered for the most part. I have about 100 shadow hours, some volunteering in Detroit, tutoring, things like that. I think the only thing that could potentially give me an advantage is the fact that I'm enrolled in a well known Masters program at Wayne state (Basic Medical Sciences at the med school). But, it's my first semester and I haven't even received grades yet. Another thing is that they like reapplicants, and I applied last year and was waitlisted.
So you are with me in BMS

For those who had interview on Sept 17th, how many were there for the interview?

Sent from my SHV-E250K using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who interviewed send their interviewers a thank you email? If so, did they reply to you?

Did anyone who interviewed send their interviewers a thank you email? If so, did they reply to you?
Yes! I did send a thank you email to both interviewers. However, only one responded back. Their response was very nice and acknowledged my gratitude towards the great experience I had at the school. Did you hear anything back?

I've had a status that says "Received/Under Review" for UDM since September 1st, I thought this is it, I will have at lease one interview, but I haven't heard anything yet!!! :( What does this mean, guys?? Anyone in the same situation?

I've had a status that says "Received/Under Review" for UDM since September 1st, I thought this is it, I will have at lease one interview, but I haven't heard anything yet!!! :( What does this mean, guys?? Anyone in the same situation?
what's your gpa/dat? when did you apply

I'm in the same situation with my status changing to "Received/Under Review" as of 9/1. Looks like there's a significant portion of us with this...let's hope we're not the rejects :(

AADSAS submission: 7/1
Application received email: 7/15
Picture/$125 submission: 9/20 (never trust your mom to put something in the mail for you...she completely forgot)
In state resident
GPA: 3.3 undergrad 3.9 grad
DAT: 18AA (taken in 2014 with a 16QR and 23PAT. I had planned on retaking it but opted not to when I was offered a position in a neuro research lab. It paid off, I'll be published 3 times, but hopefully that wasn't the wrong decision.)
Extra curriculars, job shadowing, and LORs are off the charts (I'm do not intend to be conceited but I have worked my behind off!)

I'm in the same situation with my status changing to "Received/Under Review" as of 9/1. Looks like there's a significant portion of us with this...let's hope we're not the rejects :(

AADSAS submission: 7/1
Application received email: 7/15
Picture/$125 submission: 9/20 (never trust your mom to put something in the mail for you...she completely forgot)
In state resident
GPA: 3.3 undergrad 3.9 grad
DAT: 18AA (taken in 2014 with a 16QR and 23PAT. I had planned on retaking it but opted not to when I was offered a position in a neuro research lab. It paid off, I'll be published 3 times, but hopefully that wasn't the wrong decision.)
Extra curriculars, job shadowing, and LORs are off the charts (I'm do not intend to be conceited but I have worked my behind off!)
I really believe your App is great with the GPA and extra stuff you mentioned but I really think you should try and retake that DAT whenever possible. It can hold you back at places that like great EC's and extra stuff, good GPA's and 20/21's as DAT AA's. Your GPA is good though and if you say the LOR's and EC's are stellar... You're selling yourself short with that DAT. Obviously there's more to the app than the dat but really try to take it again and you'll be an even more competitive applicant imo

PS. I'm like 99% sure they didn't consider your app complete till 9/20 then. So you and I are in the same boat and we gotta wait. Mines was complete 9/21 with my dat

Last edited:
Yes! I did send a thank you email to both interviewers. However, only one responded back. Their response was very nice and acknowledged my gratitude towards the great experience I had at the school. Did you hear anything back?
They both replied. One of the interviewers who I felt was stern replied with a very friendly email, ending it with "hope to see you here next fall". The other replied postively in a similar manner. I was just curious if this was an automated response interviewers send to everyone.

I have the same situation, I submitted everything in June and I am pretty sure my application was complete end of June, but my status was "received/awaiting additional information" all the way up until 9/1 when they changed it to "received/under review" and I haven't heard anything thus far, not quite sure what to make of it.

Does anyone know how many people are interviewed in total?

I have the same situation, I submitted everything in June and I am pretty sure my application was complete end of June, but my status was "received/awaiting additional information" all the way up until 9/1 when they changed it to "received/under review" and I haven't heard anything thus far, not quite sure what to make of it.

same here- I did receive an interview from them last cycle and submitted two months late. It may be late because of the supplemental they added? Either way I'm hoping for an interview...

In Q&A session they said that abt 650 people were interviewed last cycle and 250 acceptances were sent out on dec 1st.
How do they offer out so many acceptances with roughly 100 seats?

250 offers because lots of seats open up at UDM when the Canadian schools start to send out their acceptances.

same here- I did receive an interview from them last cycle and submitted two months late. It may be late because of the supplemental they added? Either way I'm hoping for an interview...
What do you mean by 2 months late? Like two months later than the date you had submitted last cycle?

What do you mean by 2 months late? Like two months later than the date you had submitted last cycle?
Sorry- I meant I submitted the AADSAS app late August. I received an email from UDM around a month later, then the interview email a month later for an interview in the middle of November (weekend before Thanksgiving).

Sorry- I meant I submitted the AADSAS app late August. I received an email from UDM around a month later, then the interview email a month later for an interview in the middle of November (weekend before Thanksgiving).
Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. Don't worry let's keep hoping we get interviews! I was complete 9/21 so I am sure I have quite some time. You'll hear soon don't worry! :owle: The wait sucks.

Was Dr. Jeffers there duirng the interview day? I didnt see him when I was there

Sent from my SHV-E250K using SDN mobile

I can't believe today is the day I am one step closer to my dream. I had thought I was so late in the cycle. Everyone, please keep your hopes up. I had gotten my app complete 9/21. Never did I think I would post one of these. SURREAL. :wow::zombie::eek::biglove:

Notification date: 9/29/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application complete date: 9/21/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.40, 3.66
DAT: AA 20/TS 21/PAT 19/RC 24/QR 18/Bio 20/Chem 19/OChem 20

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
October 8th people... This day is almost here! Anxiety is getting to me lol

I can't believe today is the day I am one step closer to my dream. I had thought I was so late in the cycle. Everyone, please keep your hopes up. I had gotten my app complete 9/21. Never did I think I would post one of these. SURREAL. :wow::zombie::eek::biglove:

Notification date: 9/29/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: TX
Application complete date: 9/21/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.40, 3.66
DAT: AA 20/TS 21/PAT 19/RC 24/QR 18/Bio 20/Chem 19/OChem 20

Girlllll, I knew you would hear back! Haha no doubt, and you will hear from more soon Congrats, again!!!

Girlllll, I knew you would hear back! Haha no doubt, and you will hear from more soon Congrats, again!!!

Awwww thank you so much for all the help and information you always give me. It was SUCH an amazing feeling when I got the first invite haha. I'm glad I experienced it. Ahh!! I know it's gonna be an interesting and exciting road for the both of us!

Reactions: 1 users
I feel ya! I heard UDM interview it pretty tough. I also interview on 10/8
I think it really matters interviewer to interviewer. I've heard people have nice and laid back interviews but some have had interviewers with pretty tough questions. I guess it can go both ways. Let's hope for the best ! Lol I also interview here 11/12. Would love to know people's experiences.

I think it really matters interviewer to interviewer. I've heard people have nice and laid back interviews but some have had interviewers with pretty tough questions. I guess it can go both ways. Let's hope for the best ! Lol I also interview here 11/12. Would love to know people's experiences.
I agree that it varies between which interviewer you get. I have had my interview on Thursday with Nova, a school well known to have the most laid back interview. Mine wasn't that laid back nor conversational. My interviewer actually asked me questions.

I agree that it varies between which interviewer you get. I have had my interview on Thursday with Nova, a school well known to have the most laid back interview. Mine wasn't that laid back nor conversational. My interviewer actually asked me questions.
Right! I heard many people with that kind of experience. My friend at NYU interviewed last year and had a really laid back interview and then my friend who applied this year to NYU said it was a super intense interview. The uncertainty is prevalent in each part of the process. So annoying haha. BUT... Best of luck to you!! You'll do great.. Especially cause you have interview experience now. Kill it!

Right! I heard many people with that kind of experience. My friend at NYU interviewed last year and had a really laid back interview and then my friend who applied this year to NYU said it was a super intense interview. The uncertainty is prevalent in each part of the process. So annoying haha. BUT... Best of luck to you!! You'll do great.. Especially cause you have interview experience now. Kill it!
Thank you! I hope everything goes well for you too!! Good luck.

I have my interview in a week haha. Do you mind me asking what types of questions did they ask you? were they general or more specific

I know that feeling. When I interviewed with Nova in the past I was in a group of 5 - the other 4 had interviews with the head of admissions and got to chat about college football, while I got grilled by some guy from the medical school who didn't want to be there.

I feel ya! I heard UDM interview it pretty tough. I also interview on 10/8
Definitely depends on who you get. My interview at UDM was the best most laid back interview I've ever had.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I have my interview in a week haha. Do you mind me asking what types of questions did they ask you? were they general or more specific
They asked why Nova, about these two C's I had in undergrad, and strength and weaknesses. I was so relaxed before the interview because everyone was saying that this is the most conversational interview. It WASN'T.
Before I was called in, I really prayed to be interviewed by Dr. Lippman. He is really chill

I know that feeling. When I interviewed with Nova in the past I was in a group of 5 - the other 4 had interviews with the head of admissions and got to chat about college football, while I got grilled by some guy from the medical school who didn't want to be there.
Yea I totally feel you man. I wish my interview was more conversational. I really prayed to be interviewed by the head of admissions, but it didn't happen. Regardless, I think i did OK

Status
Not open for further replies.