**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
If u were interviewed in September does that give u an advantage to receive early acceptances instead of being interviewed after December 3rd?

Members don't see this ad.

If u were interviewed in September does that give u an advantage to receive early acceptances instead of being interviewed after December 3rd?

Well you're competing for less seats if you interview after Dec.3 since acceptances have been sent out, remember its rolling admissions

Hey guys! I am interviewing on 12/1. Could you add me on group chat? my number is 703-627-8589. Thanks!!
Hi Can you guys add me to your group as well?
My interview is also on Dec 1st.
I am from Canada

THanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Can you guys add me to your group as well?
My interview is also on Dec 1st.
I am from Canada

THanks
The group chat was for people who interviewed on September twenty something! I'm not added to that group chat.

As I looked into UDM dental school curriculum, what is the Integrated Biomedical Science and Integrated Clinical Foundations and Stimulations about?

As I looked into UDM dental school curriculum, what is the Integrated Biomedical Science and Integrated Clinical Foundations and Stimulations about?
I think Dr. Jeffers mentioned that they are redoing the curriculum to accommodate the new integrated board. Basically, they want to do more of making the curriculum in a way such that learning the biomedical sciences won't feel so mutually exclusive from the clinical stuff.

I have a question about the 2x 2 photo. Does it have to be a formal one?

I have a question about the 2x 2 photo. Does it have to be a formal one?
Well it definitely shouldn't be one of you drinking or partying. But I just used one that would be acceptable for a passport application.

Well it definitely shouldn't be one of you drinking or partying. But I just used one that would be acceptable for a passport application.

Lol, thanks. one last question, Do we wait until they email us or can we send it with the fee right away?

Lol, thanks. one last question, Do we wait until they email us or can we send it with the fee right away?
You could send it right away, upon submission of your AADSAS application.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, what's up with this recorded message thing? Is it an online interview or what. What kind of camera should be used? Where should it be recorded?

Hey guys, what's up with this recorded message thing? Is it an online interview or what. What kind of camera should be used? Where should it be recorded?

It's prerecorded questions that are considered part of your supplemental application so not exactly a interview. Any laptop camera is fine and a neutral background would work.

It's prerecorded questions that are considered part of your supplemental application so not exactly a interview. Any laptop camera is fine and a neutral background would work.

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am new to the community and was a late applicant...but fortunate enough to receive UDM's Kira interview invite.

I just finished mine and they were pretty fair typical standard questions but I was so nervous while doing them.

I did a lot of research about Kira interview but it seems there aren't too many resource about the interview. From what I know, there are pool of randomly sorted questions that were selected for your application, so keep in mind that questions may vary.

I hope this helps out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey demdspeak. Did you only receive the kira interview invite? If you only got the kira invite last week, I’d call the school and confirm your status because they had a glitch in their system. :(

Hey demdspeak. Did you only receive the kira interview invite? If you only got the kira invite last week, I’d call the school and confirm your status because they had a glitch in their system. :(
That sucks, sorry about that.

That sucks, sorry about that.

I know it sucks because it happened to a few people who got the kira invite on November 2. If you didnt get the physical interview invite before the kira interview email, you should confirm with the school as well.

Reactions: 1 users
I am new to the community and was a late applicant...but fortunate enough to receive UDM's Kira interview invite.

I just finished mine and they were pretty fair typical standard questions but I was so nervous while doing them.

I did a lot of research about Kira interview but it seems there aren't too many resource about the interview. From what I know, there are pool of randomly sorted questions that were selected for your application, so keep in mind that questions may vary.

I hope this helps out.

I would not share these questions with others.

Status changed from "none" to "invited to interview" --i interviewed way back in september. Anyone else? FREAKING OUT HURRRR

Status changed from "none" to "invited to interview" --i interviewed way back in september. Anyone else? FREAKING OUT HURRRR
Same witg me, I'm not going to read too far into it, but now I'm super curious lol.

Same. they're probably just getting around to updating aadsas

Mine still say invited for interview. I interviewed in Aug, and definitely felt like it wasn't my best interview. I think it a good sign for you. Just don't see them wasting their time changing your status unless they made an official decision on your application.

Edit: sorry I read your comment wrong. I didn't really pay attention to my status before you mentioned it, but my current status is also invited for interview. I guess they changed it for everyone then. Thought your current status was at none.

For people interviewing December 1, does anyone know when you would expect to hear if you are accepted or not? I'm thinking it won't be in the December 3 acceptance round but can anyone confirm?

For people interviewing December 1, does anyone know when you would expect to hear if you are accepted or not? I'm thinking it won't be in the December 3 acceptance round but can anyone confirm?
Did admissions tell u that they will accept students on Dec 3rd instead of the 1st this year? I am assuming there are going to be interviews on Dec 1st this year so that means they must call for acceptance this year on sat dec 1st.

Did admissions tell u that they will accept students on Dec 3rd instead of the 1st this year? I am assuming there are going to be interviews on Dec 1st this year so that means they must call for acceptance this year on sat dec 1st.

No they didn't but I have read many times that because Dec 1 is on a Saturday this year, the 1st round of acceptances will be on Dec 3.

If I remember correctly, Dr. Jeffers mentioned towards the end that it would be December 3rd this year.

All schools can tell you December 3 at the earliest this year, because December 1 falls on a Saturday this year.

Are yall ready for next week??? I am!

Reactions: 2 users
Has Detroit began to send out January interview invitees or will they wait until after December 3rd?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone knows how many applicants are being interviewed at UDM?

I applied late and I just received an interview invite - they gave me the options of Dec 1 or Jan 26. I'm so confused about which to pick. I'll definitely be able to prepare better for January but will I be put at a huge disadvantage for interviewing in January?

I applied late and I just received an interview invite - they gave me the options of Dec 1 or Jan 26. I'm so confused about which to pick. I'll definitely be able to prepare better for January but will I be put at a huge disadvantage for interviewing in January?
It is really iffy whether the Dec 1 interviewees will even be considered for a Dec 3 acceptance. Honestly the interview doesn't require a terrible amount of preparation. I would honestly say that if you have already had other interviews and know what a dental school interview feels like, then you should have no issue with the Dec 1 date.

Those who are being interviewed on December 1st are probably going to be interviewing for the waitlist, NOT december 3rd acceptance anyway. Might as well do the 26th, because there's just no way that admissions is going to go through 80 candidates on one evening only to accept them on the 3rd unless they're extremely exceptional (in that case, they probably have offered them an interview sooner). If you'll be better prepared for January, do it January.

hi everyone! What is the interview format for UDM? I'm unable to find that info on their website or in the interview confirmation email. Thanks!

hi everyone! What is the interview format for UDM? I'm unable to find that info on their website or in the interview confirmation email. Thanks!
Traditional open file interview with 2 interviewers.

It is really iffy whether the Dec 1 interviewees will even be considered for a Dec 3 acceptance. Honestly the interview doesn't require a terrible amount of preparation. I would honestly say that if you have already had other interviews and know what a dental school interview feels like, then you should have no issue with the Dec 1 date.
Thats true. I don't think it'll be enough time for admission committee to sit down and review the applicants that were interviewed on Dec 1st. Im guessing a lot of them would be placed on waitlist first?

Hey guys, do you think UDM will accept Medical microbiology + its lab instead of microbiology?
It's either this or I take
introductory Microbiology at a community college.

Hey guys, do you think UDM will accept Medical microbiology + its lab instead of microbiology?
It's either this or I take
introductory Microbiology at a community college.

Can you apply to dental schools before you finish their specific requirements?
Asking because I'm probably going to take anatomy the semester after I apply next cycle.. :arghh:

Can you apply to dental schools before you finish their specific requirements?
Asking because I'm probably going to take anatomy the semester after I apply next cycle.. :arghh:
In general, prerequisites just need to be done prior to matriculation, not prior to application. There are only very few exceptions. If a school has an uncommon prereq, it isn't uncommon to see applicants decide to take that class only if accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.