**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
accepted today IS at 10:15AM off of the WL
Stats
19AA
3.62 Overall GPA
3.5 sGPA
There is still hope, good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! Probably not. I already committed and paid 2 deposits at Loma Linda. I would’ve picked UDM if they’d gotten back to me sooner. :/

Off topic but is it true that Loma Linda's strict af about students following it's traditions?

Off topic but is it true that Loma Linda's strict af about students following it's traditions?

Yes and no. You have to behave on campus and at school functions but there are plenty of students that have their own lives after school. In my interview I said I wasn’t religious and I got a call on dec 3rd still

So I'm still waitlisted and the problem is I don't know where I stand in there, and I don't want to waste money by applying again if I'm not changing my GPA or DAT.
Any idea when the next deposit or change in waitlist will be?
Thank you

So I'm still waitlisted and the problem is I don't know where I stand in there, and I don't want to waste money by applying again if I'm not changing my GPA or DAT.
Any idea when the next deposit or change in waitlist will be?
Thank you
Deposits have already been due. But people may still move to different schools. Dr. Jeffers said at the interview that every year, he needs to contact somebody the day of orientation (which would be August 14) to ask somebody to be there within an hour. If you do resubmit an AADSAS application, then end up getting in for last cycle afterwards, AADSAS will refund your money if you request it shortly after getting the acceptance.

As an international student, I have few questions.
Will I have to pay off the cost by semester?
If I cannot complete my payment by due date, does UDM SOD help me to pay the school through payment plan?
Will I have to provide a written documentation that I have sufficient amount to pay off the school?
I would really appreciate if someone can help me.
It seems like the school is closed for holidays.
Thanks.

As an international student, before start of the 1st year you will need to show your bank statement that you have enough funds for a full 1st year before your dental school can sign papers for your student Visa. No funds no US Visa. Once you are in then you must pay each semester on time otherwise there are late penalties , if you do not pay before semester is done you will not be able to get your credits and therefore the school will remove you form the program. You need to get help form your own bank or financial institution to get all you loans or from the government of your country to help you out with the student loans.
US Department of Education ( Financial Aid ) is not involved in financials of international students.

For those who interviewed & got accepted to UDM, I'm hoping you can help me out!

Their website mentions a credit expiry:

"Prerequisites should be completed within 5 years of the application date. Candidates whose prerequisites are older than 5 years at the time of application are advised to retake these courses, preferably at a 4-year institution."

I don't remember seeing this on their website two years ago or if it's new to this 2019 application cycle. It's also unclear if this is just a recommendation or a hard rule.... Were any of you in my shoes (graduated university over 5 years ago, so some prereqs are 8-9 years old) & still received an interview/acceptance with their "old" prereqs?

I emailed UDM but haven't heard back.

THANKS SO MUCH!

I feel like I did so poorly on that video interview. I hope this does not alter my chances of getting in :( I've heard that they interview roughly 900 people for only 144 spots. So I feel like my chances to get in now are slim to none

For those who interviewed & got accepted to UDM, I'm hoping you can help me out!

Their website mentions a credit expiry:

"Prerequisites should be completed within 5 years of the application date. Candidates whose prerequisites are older than 5 years at the time of application are advised to retake these courses, preferably at a 4-year institution."

I don't remember seeing this on their website two years ago or if it's new to this 2019 application cycle. It's also unclear if this is just a recommendation or a hard rule.... Were any of you in my shoes (graduated university over 5 years ago, so some prereqs are 8-9 years old) & still received an interview/acceptance with their "old" prereqs?

I emailed UDM but haven't heard back.

THANKS SO MUCH!
More and more schools seem to be adding prereq expiration dates, with the possibility of petitioning for a waiver. But usually prereqs only need to be completed before matriculation, so they might not even pay attention to your prereq progress until you get accepted and decide to pay their deposit.

Status
Not open for further replies.