*** The Official University of Florida Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an invite! Kind of nervous but I guess I'll just be myself during the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Fl resident
Received supplemental 8/21
21/22/22/ TS/AA/PAT
GPA 3.81/GPAS3.89
Now the waiting.. I see some got interviews immediately. But thinking mine is late to this game, so hoping to get an interview the next round. Anyone know if it's an advantage to being a UF grad?

Fl resident
21/22/22/ TS/AA/PAT
GPA 3.81/GPAS3.89
Now the waiting.. I see some got interviews immediately. But thinking mine is late to this game, so hoping to get an interview the next round. Anyone know if it's an advantage to being a UF grad?
There were a lot of UF grads/ 4th years at my interview personally. I don't see why UFCD with an instate preference wouldn't also have a preference for the best Florida undergrad institution as well haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
There were a lot of UF grads/ 4th years at my interview personally. I don't see why UFCD with an instate preference wouldn't also have a preference for the best Florida undergrad institution as well haha.
Go Gators!
When did you interview

How long after you got the under review email did you guys get an email for the supplemental?

How long after you got the under review email did you guys get an email for the supplemental?
About a week. And then 2 days after the supplemental I got an invite

Has anyone heard anything from Florida lately? I turned in supplement 8/21 and haven't heard anything yet. I see some get an interview invite fast, so this is making me nervous. Not sure what to make of this.

Has anyone heard anything from Florida lately? I turned in supplement 8/21 and haven't heard anything yet. I see some get an interview invite fast, so this is making me nervous. Not sure what to make of this.

Same! My supplement was complete 7/20 and I'm still under review...I don't know that they've really been sending invites lately though? Haven't heard much...hopefully they reach out soon!

Same! My supplement was complete 7/20 and I'm still under review...I don't know that they've really been sending invites lately though? Haven't heard much...hopefully they reach out soon!
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, my supplemental was complete on 7/28 and still haven't heard anything back. I'm OOS and I thought it would be a stretch to get an interview here, but it's my dream school and you definitely can't get in if you don't at least try!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, my supplemental was complete on 7/28 and still haven't heard anything back. I'm OOS and I thought it would be a stretch to get an interview here, but it's my dream school and you definitely can't get in if you don't at least try!

We can't lose hope yet! It's still fairly early and it's not truly over until it's over. I know people that got accepted in JULY of this year and had to drop everything at other schools that they had originally chosen to attend. I'm in state and a UF undergrad, but clearly there's no telling who they might go for regardless of other year's trends...

We can't lose hope yet! It's still fairly early and it's not truly over until it's over. I know people that got accepted in JULY of this year and had to drop everything at other schools that they had originally chosen to attend. I'm in state and a UF undergrad, but clearly there's no telling who they might go for regardless of other year's trends...
Im a UF grad, I heard they are in state friendly and Im hoping this year they like UF grads! Im thinking the hurricane has slowed them down and when its over maybe they will pick back up. Accepted in July, wow!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else gotten any interviews from them? They sent me the supplement a day after my DAT late Aug, and no word yet. It's my top choice so I'm worried there won't be any pre-december interviews. Does anyone here have interviews up to November?

Has anyone else gotten any interviews from them? They sent me the supplement a day after my DAT late Aug, and no word yet. It's my top choice so I'm worried there won't be any pre-december interviews. Does anyone here have interviews up to November?

I haven't heard anything since my supplement was received on July 20th...the last interview given out on here was August 29th it looks like...maybe the hurricane set them back...last I heard from friends was that they were giving out October interviews still. They're also my top choice also so I'm stresssssin' :(

I haven't heard anything since my supplement was received on July 20th...the last interview given out on here was August 29th it looks like...maybe the hurricane set them back...last I heard from friends was that they were giving out October interviews still. They're also my top choice also so I'm stresssssin' :(
Seems like no one has heard anything from UF in awhile. They were closed for a week due to the hurricane but up and running now.. was hoping for something the week....or soon!! Trying to have patience but it is stressful UF is on top of my list!

Interview #2 !!
PA resident
Notification: 9/20 by e-mail

Interview #2 !!
PA resident
Notification: 9/20 by e-mail

upload_2017-9-20_9-51-54.png

Also are you FL or PA...?

Weird story lol. Parents moved to Florida while I was in high school, but I stayed in PA for school. So I had my residency on AADSAS as PA. Therefore, I called both schools and told them my situation. NOVA accepted me as a Fl resident applicant (I had to provide proof), however, Florida stuck with AADSAS and considered me an OOS applicant. I screwed up in the beginning and spoke with AADSAS about it but there was nothing they could do because it was after the application was verified.

Weird story lol. Parents moved to Florida while I was in high school, but I stayed in PA for school. So I had my residency on AADSAS as PA. Therefore, I called both schools and told them my situation. NOVA accepted me as a Fl resident applicant (I had to provide proof), however, Florida stuck with AADSAS and considered me an OOS applicant. I screwed up in the beginning and spoke with AADSAS about it but there was nothing they could do because it was after the application was verified.

Ahh I see! I had that problem for high school when I was applying to undergrad too. I'm hoping to hear from UF soon...I have somewhat similar stats, maybe a little lower. When is your interview date?

Ahh I see! I had that problem for high school when I was applying to undergrad too. I'm hoping to hear from UF soon...I have somewhat similar stats, maybe a little lower. When is your interview date?

October 13 and I'm sure you will hear soon just stay positive!

October 13 and I'm sure you will hear soon just stay positive!

Thanks so much! Good to know there's still time with interview invites being for October, at the moment. I completed my supplement at the end of July so I'm just worried...

Interview number 5 :horns:

School: UF
Notification date: 9/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17

Interview date: 11/3

Reactions: 3 users
Interview number 5 :horns:

School: UF
Notification date: 9/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17

Interview date: 11/3

When was your supplemental submitted?

What has been the latest interview day sent out for UF? I think November 3rd??

Need to push my 11/3 interview back to 1/19.. hopefully one of you gets this pre-December interview invitation!

Interview #2!!!!!

School: University of Florida
Notification date: 9/29/17 thru email
AADSAS complete: submitted 6/3, transcripts verified mid/end of July, but didn't take DAT until 7/30
Interview date: 11/1/17
Residency: FL
GPA: 3.88 overall GPA, 3.68 sci GPA
DAT: 21 AA/19 TS/17 PAT/18 BIO/20 gen Chem/23 o Chem/25 RC/19 QR

Interview #3
School: UF !
Notification : 9/29/17 email
Interview date : 10/13
Residency : Fl
DAT: 21/22/22

Interview #3
School: UF !
Notification : 9/29/17 email
Interview date : 10/13
Residency : Fl
DAT: 21/22/22
Took a little while but you finally got one. Congrats

The talk at VCU was UFs interview is brutal. VCU wasn’t bad at all. Can’t wait for UF interview!

Did they say what makes it so bad? I got mine coming up in two weeks and I'm trying to figure out how I should prepare.

Did they say what makes it so bad? I got mine coming up in two weeks and I'm trying to figure out how I should prepare.
Nothing real specific, but more direct questions. VCU interview was more of just a conversation, at UF apparently they will ask very direct to the point questions. Like someone got a C in Orgo and they wanted him to explain why, what he did or didn’t do , what would he do different or what should he have done. So if you have a C anywhere you might want to be prepared to talk about it and explain but keep positive. Overall I’m not exactly worried about it. So it may not be the relaxed interview but I can answer questions . I think if we go in confident and thinking positive it will be okay.. When is your interview, mine is also in 2 weeks, first thing in the morning, ugh...LOL

And then there was me :unsure: congratulations and good luck! :)
I think they are just getting around to another wave... and playing catch up from the hurricane.. stay positive you’ll get one if you havent already!

Interview was a good experience overall. Food was good and the tour of the school was good. Didn't see the sim lab because they were taking boards. I would say for the interview, know your stuff. Be prepared for non-cookie-cutter questions. I didn't even get the "why dentistry" or "tell me about yourself." You have to be able to talk about yourself in a constructive way and always tie it back to your future success in dentistry.
Any idea when they will let you know if you get in? My friend didn’t hear back until Feb..my interview is in 2cweeks.

Nothing real specific, but more direct questions. VCU interview was more of just a conversation, at UF apparently they will ask very direct to the point questions. Like someone got a C in Orgo and they wanted him to explain why, what he did or didn’t do , what would he do different or what should he have done. So if you have a C anywhere you might want to be prepared to talk about it and explain but keep positive. Overall I’m not exactly worried about it. So it may not be the relaxed interview but I can answer questions . I think if we go in confident and thinking positive it will be okay.. When is your interview, mine is also in 2 weeks, first thing in the morning, ugh...LOL
Mines October 13 in the morning

Any idea when they will let you know if you get in? My friend didn’t hear back until Feb..my interview is in 2cweeks.
I would assume December 1st I'll get some semblance of a response.

Does everyone get a supplemental to UF or is it selective?

Did you get an invite? I am OOS too, really hoping to get an interview here.

In Gainesville now, interview tomorrow. Think I’m ready.

Reactions: 2 users
How was it??
How was it??
3 on 1 interview, definitely know your resume . They will say they don’t have it but it’s on the iPad in front of them, LOL, so you know they are just checking. One person will grill you about something , I think they are trying to see if they can rattle you. No really hard questions , typical ones, greatest achievement , something you have overcome.. not as bad as I expected but wasn’t the most relaxed one either....

Status
Not open for further replies.