This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future Dr. Juice

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone received an interview invite/acceptance from the Postbaccalaureate Pre-Professional Program (P4) at Thomas Jefferson?

I received an invite Friday 12/17 and I signed up on the website they gave me to schedule an interview. They provided two online dates for 12/20 and 12/21 and I tried to schedule my interview the same day I received the invite 12/17 and it said both were full. Now it says no upcoming events. The admissions counselor has not responded to any voice messages or emails. I honestly feel like this is not a good look already. Has anyone experienced the same? Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Has anyone received an interview invite/acceptance from the Postbaccalaureate Pre-Professional Program (P4) at Thomas Jefferson?

I received an invite Friday 12/17 and I signed up on the website they gave me to schedule an interview. They provided two online dates for 12/20 and 12/21 and I tried to schedule my interview the same day I received the invite 12/17 and it said both were full. Now it says no upcoming events. The admissions counselor has not responded to any voice messages or emails. I honestly feel like this is not a good look already. Has anyone experienced the same? Advice?
Hello Future Dr. Juice,

I have received my official acceptance to the program tonight!!! I was accepted into the P4 2-year track for the 2022-2023 school year. Mine happened pretty quickly, much like yours. I would reach out to the admissions director of the program, Jasmine Lee. She usually returns phone calls within the 24-48 hours.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!! That’s so awesome! I heard back from Jasmine today! If you don’t mind me asking how was the interview, what questions did they ask and what were your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!! That’s so awesome! I heard back from Jasmine today! If you don’t mind me asking how was the interview, what questions did they ask and what were your stats?
I am glad that you heard back from Jasmine! The questions that they asked were very off putting, lol. I thought that I would be asked more traditional interview questions but that was not the case. The interview lasted for approximately 90 minutes and was more conversational than anything. I was interviewed by two people and there were only five questions asked the entire time:

1 - Tell me about yourself (I was prepared for this one).
2 - What would you consider your greatest achievement?
3 - Tell me about a time you cared for someone.
4 - With unlimited resources and zero obstacles, what would you do to better assist your community?
5 - If you had any super power to help your patients, what super power would it be (you cannot heal your patients with one touch).

As far as stats are concerned, what do you want to know?

I am glad that you heard back from Jasmine! The questions that they asked were very off putting, lol. I thought that I would be asked more traditional interview questions but that was not the case. The interview lasted for approximately 90 minutes and was more conversational than anything. I was interviewed by two people and there were only five questions asked the entire time:

1 - Tell me about yourself (I was prepared for this one).
2 - What would you consider your greatest achievement?
3 - Tell me about a time you cared for someone.
4 - With unlimited resources and zero obstacles, what would you do to better assist your community?
5 - If you had any super power to help your patients, what super power would it be (you cannot heal your patients with one touch).

As far as stats are concerned, what do you want to know?
Stats as far as your cGPA and Science GPA. I am kind of discouraged because PostbacCAS made my GPA lower due to factoring in repeated classes. I had my interview today and it was definitely exactly how you said it would be. I definitely enjoyed it! Seems like they wanted me to pick the 2-year option although I applied for the 1-year. Also, how long did it take you to hear back after the interview?

Hey, I am current P4 student. I was also recommended to do the 2 year program when I was in your position. I was COMMITTED to 1 year, but after my 1st semester I am so so so so happy they directed me in the right direction to pick the two year program. Even though I am a stranger, based on your story I would tell you to pursue the two year program! I also talk about the program and my experience on my YouTube if you or anyone wants to reach out to me or check it out. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjW59fn-dCrL2WDsMlJ42w

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey, I am current P4 student. I was also recommended to do the 2 year program when I was in your position. I was COMMITTED to 1 year, but after my 1st semester I am so so so so happy they directed me in the right direction to pick the two year program. Even though I am a stranger, based on your story I would tell you to pursue the two year program! I also talk about the program and my experience on my YouTube if you or anyone wants to reach out to me or check it out. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxjW59fn-dCrL2WDsMlJ42w
Thank you! I appreciate your input on this as it kind of had me discouraged. I will definitely check out your YouTube video!! Thank you for linking this.

I was recently accepted to the 1-year program! My cGPA is ~3.65 and sGPA ~3.2 with a very significant upward trend (4.0 cGPA and sGPA fall 2020 + spring+summer+fall 2021). I've only taken a few science courses.

1) AMCAS and AACOMAS do the same thing as PostbacCAS so be prepared for that :( all grades will get factored into GPA, including repeated courses

2) like raboateng said, if they're recommending the 2-year program, there are probably good reasons although it may not be what you originally thought!! definitely keep an open mind about it.
Thank you!! My cGPA is 3.5 and I had a similar upward trend. I did really bad my freshman year. I have a lot of clinical hours, shadowing and research work which they liked too. Hopefully I will hear back soon.

I have an interview for Temple too but TJ was very appealing due to financial aid. I will definitely consider the 2-year as well. I know they mean well and want to see students succeed.

Stats as far as your cGPA and Science GPA. I am kind of discouraged because PostbacCAS made my GPA lower due to factoring in repeated classes. I had my interview today and it was definitely exactly how you said it would be. I definitely enjoyed it! Seems like they wanted me to pick the 2-year option although I applied for the 1-year. Also, how long did it take you to hear back after the interview?
My stats for my cGPA is 3.90, and my sGPA is 4.0, but I have only taken four science courses, so that is not telling much. Do not be discouraged; it lowered mine as well. When I interviewed, I heard back that week. I interviewed on a Tuesday or Wednesday, and Jasmine Lee had called me on Friday because I had left a voicemail message on her phone. She told me that she was sending out the emails to let students know the decisions, and then I received an email that evening. So about two days.

Have you heard back yet?

My stats for my cGPA is 3.90, and my sGPA is 4.0, but I have only taken four science courses, so that is not telling much. Do not be discouraged; it lowered mine as well. When I interviewed, I heard back that week. I interviewed on a Tuesday or Wednesday, and Jasmine Lee had called me on Friday because I had left a voicemail message on her phone. She told me that she was sending out the emails to let students know the decisions, and then I received an email that evening. So about two days.

Have you heard back yet?
Awesome! Unfortunately, I was placed on the waiting list. I figured that I was since I did not hear back quickly. I received a generic letter stating ”we have decided to offer you a position on the wait list for Pre-Fall 2022. The wait list has been created as there has been a submission of highly talented and competitive applications that far exceed the number of available seats for entry into the program”. Luckily, I had an amazing interview with temple today and if they accept me, I will most likely be attending!

Hey, everyone. I accepted a spot for the 2-year program a few months ago and am super excited. If anyone makes a group chat or anything for those who are attending, I'd love to join!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone on your acceptances :) I accepted a spot for the 1 year program awhile back and am getting very excited! Would love if we could get a groupchat going :giggle:

Reactions: 1 users
looks like ill create one!. Should we do whatsapp or should we just do groupme? either way those that want to be apart...if yall could dm yall info then I can establish one!

Glad to see that Jefferson is getting good traction! I went 6 years ago when the program was relatively new. I loved my time there and felt supported. My co students and I keep up and we all matched this cycle for residency into great programs. It’s been so long since I did the program so I may not be able to answer specific questions but definitely was the best option for me!!

Glad to see that Jefferson is getting good traction! I went 6 years ago when the program was relatively new. I loved my time there and felt supported. My co students and I keep up and we all matched this cycle for residency into great programs. It’s been so long since I did the program so I may not be able to answer specific questions but definitely was the best option for me!!
okay i made the group i try to add yall via number but my phone was being weird. so hopefully this link works:

@helloitisi @123e @gwrightjr90 @hope4321 @notasciencemajor
Is the link still open? I'm thinking of starting in the fall for two years after having delayed acceptance a year.

Hello,

Hey! How long did it take after finishing your app to receive an interview invite?