You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread
Started by Zenge142
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Day 1: Is it TTime to Start a Tally?
PSV ()
April ()
True ()
Nate (4) - Santy, AM, JJJ, Empire
AM (1) - genny, Nate
JJJ (1) - Clem
Santy (1) - Sporty
Empire (3) - samac, April, PSV
samac ()
11/12
Missing: @Truenamer
Vote closes at 9pm CDT WEDNESDAY (TODAY!) (<12.5 hours)
PSV ()
April ()
True ()
Nate (4) - Santy, AM, JJJ, Empire
AM (1) - genny, Nate
JJJ (1) - Clem
Santy (1) - Sporty
Empire (3) - samac, April, PSV
samac ()
11/12
Missing: @Truenamer
Vote closes at 9pm CDT WEDNESDAY (TODAY!) (<12.5 hours)
Last edited:
Empire
Full Member
@potentialsheltervet
The most I can find from you about why I'm scum is that I feel "weird", but that is still enough to make me "firm PoE". Come at me, wolf case me, hit me as hard as you can. I want to see it.
The most I can find from you about why I'm scum is that I feel "weird", but that is still enough to make me "firm PoE". Come at me, wolf case me, hit me as hard as you can. I want to see it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So that one post flipped your read on me completely?this is >rand town I'd say based on recent experience in games elsewhere where there was a high degree of familiarity between most of the players
Unvote samac
Vote Nate
Why do you want to see that?@potentialsheltervet
The most I can find from you about why I'm scum is that I feel "weird", but that is still enough to make me "firm PoE". Come at me, wolf case me, hit me as hard as you can. I want to see it.
Empire
Full Member
not particularly - i didn't think your response to me was terrible, your justification of the read was fine, I have april wall-casing you telling me my read is wrong, these little things start to add up in telling me that my suspicion is potentially misguided (this is to say nothing of the fact that my vote on you was hardly a high confidence one to begin with)So that one post flipped your read on me completely?
Empire
Full Member
because i want to figure out if her suspicion of me is genuine or just pushing a convenient target but to do so i need to have her talk more about itWhy do you want to see that?
Illegal read uwumaybe clem is actually mafia and the game is easy
ah the optimism of Day 1
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Y'all better at least skim this!
I believe I overweighted Nate's one vote on AM as being too risky for a wolf, given that he may not be familiar with how hard she reacts to early votes on her, and am a bit biased because he's friendly and lighthearted. He shouldn't be higher than my neutrals.
Oh, we're going! I don't play closed setups very often and have never played with open nights, so this should be fun.
It's late and I need to sleep, so I'll do my catchup in the morning.
This makes me sound so mysterious...
You go by Gira in spec, yes? Just judging by the LCD Soundsystem avatar.
Also hi, I did work type things this morning so it's werewolf time. Catching up, but I'll keep a tab open for real time too.
These four posts constitute Nate's entrance to the thread. Very inoffensive from my perspective, I appreciate the bio/intro. No real content in these.By way of introduction, I've been playing ww for about 3 years now, but only a handful of forum games (my homesite plays in threaded comments, which is pretty similar to forum overall, but more conversational). I've played one game with JJJ (he was a wolf), one sort-of game with AM (it was a hydra and she/shorty were a wolf), and spectated some Santy and Clem games.
One thing I do is voting spreadsheets, but that'll be more relevant later.
I like the vaguely menacing vibe of this rule 😀
Still no content. I certainly can't throw stones for being busy, but we're getting fairly far in and so far his question to JJJ about Empire's read is the only gameplay.My plans were short-lived, work had the AUDACITY to want me to do more things. But I'm off the clock now. What's your opinion of Empire's one-post read on me?
Bit of an abrupt snap-vote on AM. I'd given him village points for this; I think any wolf who's played with AM knows better than to go after her early (or at least without something really solid). But on review, he hasn't played with her very much, and it was an unusual game. Might have given too much weight to that.Mmmmm... I actually don't like this. I mean it's fair, but it tingles my "nudge along a misyeet without getting hands dirty" sensor.
##Yeet AM##
Don't think I responded to this properly. I use "Hmm" reacts to mean something in the range from "that's interesting but I don't know if I fully agree" to "I wonder why". In this case, yes, I was curious about the rationale.Also @Truenamer why the Hmm on JJJ's vote? Just curious about his reasoning?
His reaction to AM's counter-vote felt relaxed and villagey at the time.Now we're gaming!
Very even-keeled about Empire's wolfread on him.Mk. It didn't really strike me one way or the other either. On first blush, it seemed like an "easy" vote to make, in the sense that it doesn't step on anyone's toes on their home turf and of the newcomers I probably have the least, I dunno, "clout"? But on skim I saw his further reasoning which seemed fine, so we'll just see how that develops I guess.
More discussion with AM, re: his vote for her. This seemed like acceptable reason for a D1 vote over a day before yeet close to me.I didn't say it was those things.
I think it was the timing more than anything, soon after Jay's switch to me. It's admittedly thin, but I don't have much of a foothold in the game yet until I finish catching up.
Back to minimal content/gameplay.Working on it. Also hi, fun to play with you, I think I've found you towny in all the games I've spectated of yours including the one where you were a wolf so :wowee:
I'm sure I'll find it as I catch up, but who are you most interested in at this point?
And that's it, all his posts. This one is being mildly helpful again.Mmmm, well "soon" thread-wise I guess.
Is this what you're referring to?
I believe I overweighted Nate's one vote on AM as being too risky for a wolf, given that he may not be familiar with how hard she reacts to early votes on her, and am a bit biased because he's friendly and lighthearted. He shouldn't be higher than my neutrals.
If I weren't voting you, you'd be TRing me. Move beyond your omgus, JayClosest player to a proper “mafia read” would be Nate. Truenamer and Clem exist near to that in a sort of “null” space that becomes suspicious by default when most others seem town.
If you weren’t voting me, you’d have nothing at all. That’s the problem.If I weren't voting you, you'd be TRing me. Move beyond your omgus, Jay
Thanks for that review @Truenamer. I don’t have anything to add right this moment, but I’ll affirm for your sake that it’s been read.
That's not true, id have two trsIf you weren’t voting me, you’d have nothing at all. That’s the problem.
I don't think that's particularly a problem for me
Empire
Full Member
Thanks for the input, appreciated. I don't think the even-keeled response is necessarily a villa tell as it could easily be a personality thing and it was a little strange that he chose not to directly speak to me about it. what struck me though is this sequence:Y'all better at least skim this!
I believe I overweighted Nate's one vote on AM as being too risky for a wolf, given that he may not be familiar with how hard she reacts to early votes on her, and am a bit biased because he's friendly and lighthearted. He shouldn't be higher than my neutrals.
My plans were short-lived, work had the AUDACITY to want me to do more things. But I'm off the clock now. What's your opinion of Empire's one-post read on me?
The read is a bit of a stretch. I don't think a whole lot of it either way with respect to either of you.
Mk. It didn't really strike me one way or the other either. On first blush, it seemed like an "easy" vote to make, in the sense that it doesn't step on anyone's toes on their home turf and of the newcomers I probably have the least, I dunno, "clout"? But on skim I saw his further reasoning which seemed fine, so we'll just see how that develops I guess.
the question is: what is he doing here asking jay about the read? He has no feelings on it, apparently. But it was notable enough to ask jay about it? What's the purpose here? Is he trying to get a better read on me? on jay? It doesn't feel like a line of questioning that will actually lead anywhere useful which makes me wonder if he's asking about it just for the sake of having something to talk about. Given the overall brevity of his ISO it struck me as an unusual thing to focus on, something that didn't really give him a read one way of the other.
If you posted those I missed them.That's not true, id have two trs
I don't think that's particularly a problem for me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Yeah, and I should clarify that I didn't skip any posts. That's all of them.Thanks for the input, appreciated. I don't think the even-keeled response is necessarily a villa tell as it could easily be a personality thing and it was a little strange that he chose not to directly speak to me about it. what struck me though is this sequence:
the question is: what is he doing here asking jay about the read? He has no feelings on it, apparently. But it was notable enough to ask jay about it? What's the purpose here? Is he trying to get a better read on me? on jay? It doesn't feel like a line of questioning that will actually lead anywhere useful which makes me wonder if he's asking about it just for the sake of having something to talk about. Given the overall brevity of his ISO it struck me as an unusual thing to focus on, something that didn't really give him a read one way of the other.
Hoping to hear more crunchy material from him when he catches up today.
If you have the time, it’d be cool to see a similar review to the one you did of Nate for a less consensus player. One that I’d find particularly helpful is Animal Midwife. Whatever time permits.When True is busy: 10 posts a minute, constant activity
When True is wasting time before a meeting: Silence, stillness
I like this post/read tbh. And good reassessing on True too.Thanks for the input, appreciated. I don't think the even-keeled response is necessarily a villa tell as it could easily be a personality thing and it was a little strange that he chose not to directly speak to me about it. what struck me though is this sequence:
the question is: what is he doing here asking jay about the read? He has no feelings on it, apparently. But it was notable enough to ask jay about it? What's the purpose here? Is he trying to get a better read on me? on jay? It doesn't feel like a line of questioning that will actually lead anywhere useful which makes me wonder if he's asking about it just for the sake of having something to talk about. Given the overall brevity of his ISO it struck me as an unusual thing to focus on, something that didn't really give him a read one way of the other.
I'm pleased
Also I dont know if I've said it but April is now my second most confident tr I'd say
Hmmm, feels retaliatory, and strange that you call it fair and wolfy in the same sentenceMmmmm... I actually don't like this. I mean it's fair, but it tingles my "nudge along a misyeet without getting hands dirty" sensor.
##Yeet AM##
Empire
Full Member
missed it, who's number one? I'd check but i'm lazyAlso I dont know if I've said it but April is now my second most confident tr I'd say
Are you saying women are more reactive and aggressive?! 😡😡😡correct
probably explains why the game is much less aggressive than what i'm used to though
Nate's side is a lot more squinty than AM's, her retaliation was better founded than his imoBoth sides the of Nate and AM cross-vote have made me squint.
Empire
Full Member
no the opposite lolAre you saying women are more reactive and aggressive?! 😡😡😡
Oh. Then my joke doesn't work anymore lolno the opposite lol
(be careful, some of the SDN women bite)
Truenamer dude and I forget the other offhand lolIf you posted those I missed them.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
It's also extremely normal for herNate's side is a lot more squinty than AM's, her retaliation was better founded than his imo
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I have the scars to prove itOh. Then my joke doesn't work anymore lol
(be careful, some of the SDN women bite)
Agreed, just as normal for AM as her classic thread-entry voteIt's also extremely normal for her
Why do you care about my omgus if I’m mafia?Truenamer dude and I forget the other offhand lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Normally I do this stuff comprehensively on my own, but it’s tough with this interface. So I’ll crowd source.
When y’all think of pairs of players in this game that you think definitely don’t fit together as mafia teammates, who are those pairs?
When y’all think of pairs of players in this game that you think definitely don’t fit together as mafia teammates, who are those pairs?
Separate question for @Clem J
How much of this game thread, and what proportion of my posts, had you read when you voted for me?
How much of this game thread, and what proportion of my posts, had you read when you voted for me?
He's only voted me and asked about Santy's reads.His tone has been helpful/clear and he's been willing to stick his neck out a bit to generate data and increase interactions. I usually find that pro-village, especially on D1.
I want to laugh, angery, and hmm react this all at the same timeOkay, head fuzzy, brain leaking out ears, prepare your bodies for the worst list you've ever seen. Hate this now that I'm looking at it, it's not correct
Calm Seas
Kaydubs
Nruetamer
Animal Midwife
potentialsheltervet
Strong Winds in the Sails
SportPonies
samac
Empire
NateTheLesser
Shipmates Telling Me to Stop Chasing the Whale
genny
JaggedJimmyJay
Aprilthearab
Clem
Santygrass
The Great White Beasts
Dubz
Zenge
I feel I've been fairly clear that I'm not high confidence in that read yeahWhy do you care about my omgus if I’m mafia?
Some of it, most of themSeparate question for @Clem J
How much of this game thread, and what proportion of my posts, had you read when you voted for me?
I disagree with True's placement of almost every person on his reads listAlso True readlist is so... Weird? That it is slightly town indicative, what worries me is stuff like thinking Clem would be one tier up from me/jjj for example. So its both 'towny independent thoughts' but also 'I dont see how they reached those reads' . I'll munch over it
Oh. Then my joke doesn't work anymore lol
(be careful, some of the SDN women bite)
*nibbles April and True*I have the scars to prove it
Cool beans. I’ll return to this when I am not mobile posting and can cross reference.Some of it, most of them
Samac >> April >> psvmissed it, who's number one? I'd check but i'm lazy
Would be my current top 3. I should try to make a readlist to order my headspace rn hmmm
I know that this comment is coming out of nowhere pages later but I forgot to comment on it earlier. I got v/v vibes from JJJ and Clem's accusatory interaction
I would call Truenamer’s reads list being against-the-grain generally non alignment indicative (as a general take, I have no meta). I’ve seen plenty of that both ways. I do believe though that the list may have important implications with respect to association. If Truenamer is mafia, then he has teammates. I may propose theories later.
Huh. InterestingSamac >> April >> psv
Would be my current top 3. I should try to make a readlist to order my headspace rn hmmm
Samac/EmpireNormally I do this stuff comprehensively on my own, but it’s tough with this interface. So I’ll crowd source.
When y’all think of pairs of players in this game that you think definitely don’t fit together as mafia teammates, who are those pairs?
And I remember like having True with someone else unpaired. True/AM iirc, on a reread should be easy to see for me probs
Empire
Full Member
have come around to samac but more confident in april as villager, fine with being generally synced on thoseSamac >> April >> psv
Would be my current top 3. I should try to make a readlist to order my headspace rn hmmm
what do you make of the fact that all 3 are voting me currently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Town
Samac
April
Psv
JJJ
Empire
AM
Clem
Genny
Ponies
Truenamer
Nate
Town't
Samac
April
Psv
JJJ
Empire
AM
Clem
Genny
Ponies
Truenamer
Nate
Town't
I've leaned you town with one of your lastest post tbh, so not much impressed or pinged that you are being voted rn?have come around to samac but more confident in april as villager, fine with being generally synced on those
what do you make of the fact that all 3 are voting me currently?
And if you are W the three of them are GOATING. If not, Villagery Skill Issue.
Prob would have to rethink that if Nate flips wolf tho, I think the timing of psv vote could be damning but weh thats getting ahead too much
I mostly vibe with that list, Santy. Any changes for me would be nitpicks.
Also Clem/JJJ prob another unpairing tho I am more careful since Clem its an agent of chaosSamac/Empire
And I remember like having True with someone else unpaired. True/AM iirc, on a reread should be easy to see for me probs
I think my current POE of five would be the same five names in Santy’s bottom two tiers.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K