Touro-CA MSMHS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joujou116

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I haven't seen a thread for Fall 2015 applicants, so I thought I'd start one up. I was wondering if anyone (old applicants, current students, etc) would happen to know who to contact for questions/comments/concerns regarding Touro-CA's MSMHS program? Online it states, Naisha Bible, but I've sent her emails and called a few times and she is just not around. Any other individuals I can contact? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently applying to the program as well, and she has been fine with responding to my questions. I've been speaking to her the past couple weeks actually.

Members don't see this ad :)
Application complete, crossing my fingers now since apparently admission criteria to this program are completely random... :whistle:

Seriously, those GPA's in last year's thread were all over the place.

On a random note, does anyone know how strong Touro's ties are with the Arrowhead medical center currently? I read something on another thread about them possibly losing this rotation site to the new UC Riverside med school.

Sites are still fine, they are still sending the 2nd years down there this summer as far as I have heard on campus. Pretty sure Riverside sends to riverside community hospital.

Sites are still fine, they are still sending the 2nd years down there this summer as far as I have heard on campus. Pretty sure Riverside sends to riverside community hospital.
That's awesome. I'd love to wind up there for residency.

Hello everyone. Good luck with your applications. I applied early February for this program, hoping to hear some good news come June.

Hi I have a question, I am applying to this program with a 24 MCAT. If I get accepted into this program, would they make me retake the MCAT for a higher score? Or if you complete the program with high grades, then you are good to go with a guaranteed interview.

Hello everyone. Good luck with your applications. I applied early February for this program, hoping to hear some good news come June.

We won't find out until June if we get in or not? I'm applying to few other MS programs, but this is my top choice :/

Hi I have a question, I am applying to this program with a 24 MCAT. If I get accepted into this program, would they make me retake the MCAT for a higher score? Or if you complete the program with high grades, then you are good to go with a guaranteed interview.

To the best of my understanding, they wont make you retake it, no idea what the bar is for admissions on the mcat score, as my class is all over the place in respect to that metric.

After admission to the MSMHS, the interviews are guaranteed if you get above a 3.0 or a B average. Keep in mind a guaranteed interview is not to be confused with guaranteed acceptance. (Historically only a handful of people did not make it or chose to go elsewhere.)

Hi everyone,
I wanted to know if there is a way to submit or upload LOR from Interfolio to the application site?
Thanks

Hi everyone,
I wanted to know if there is a way to submit or upload LOR from Interfolio to the application site?
Thanks

@jcaparas, I spoke to Naisha Bible who told me that she wasn't sure if there was a way to connect the two, but worse comes to worse, to simply email the letters from Interfolio to her email address - hope that helps! Let me know if you happen to find a way!

Members don't see this ad :)
interfolio is best imho

Reactions: 1 user
interfolio is best imho

@ryanc6060 - so @jcaparas spoke to Naisha yesterday and was told that his letters from Interfolio will not be accepted if emailed to her - I'm not sure if she changed her mind or whatever, but did anyone in your class manage to successfully upload their Interfolio letters to the applyyourself account?

Guys, I have a quick question -

Once accepted into this years program (beginning summer 2015), is the guaranteed interview seat held for Fall 2016 or Fall 2017 medical school matriculation?

Guys, I have a quick question -

Once accepted into this years program (beginning summer 2015), is the guaranteed interview seat held for Fall 2016 or Fall 2017 medical school matriculation?
Fall 2016

I'm kind of surprised they didn't ask for MCAT scores--or at the very least GRE--on the application. Will they ask for this later? Maybe when they request official transcripts?

If one intends to apply to their DO school this summer anyway, is there any point to applying to this SMP? (taking into account the fact that classes start in the summer). Thank you for your input
Depends. How good are your stats? Do you have anything better to do with your glide year? Do you mind shelling out an extra 60k? That's really up to you to decide. If you're sure you'll get into an equal or better program, then I guess no.

Depends. How good are your stats? Do you have anything better to do with your glide year? Do you mind shelling out an extra 60k? That's really up to you to decide. If you're sure you'll get into an equal or better program, then I guess no.
Thank you zero. do you know if one would have to retake the MCAT if they got in with a <24?

@ryanc6060 - so @jcaparas spoke to Naisha yesterday and was told that his letters from Interfolio will not be accepted if emailed to her - I'm not sure if she changed her mind or whatever, but did anyone in your class manage to successfully upload their Interfolio letters to the applyyourself account?
My year it was a paper application, and there was not an applyyourself app. this is the first year for it.

If one intends to apply to their DO school this summer anyway, is there any point to applying to this SMP? (taking into account the fact that classes start in the summer). Thank you for your input
I Applied to both.

Thank you zero. do you know if one would have to retake the MCAT if they got in with a <24?
Touro is generally big on MCAT scores. I would assume they'd like a retake since their average is around 30.

Hi all I have applied to this program as well. Just to make sure, I have not seen anything on the website regarding interviews for this program correct? If i missed it, woah! my bad guys! Also am I reading the info correctly that they wont let us know whether we've been accepted or rejected etc.. until after May 29th? Thanks in advance!

Sun1991 you are correct to the best of my knowledge that there are still no interviews for this program, I heard back at the beginning of june through email (waitlist) and a phone call (off the waitlist) a couple days later.

Hi all I have applied to this program as well. Just to make sure, I have not seen anything on the website regarding interviews for this program correct? If i missed it, woah! my bad guys! Also am I reading the info correctly that they wont let us know whether we've been accepted or rejected etc.. until after May 29th? Thanks in advance!

Hi! In the confirmation email I received after submission, it states the following "As detailed on our website (http://admissions.tu.edu/msmhs-com), the application period will close on May 18th and decisions will be released via US mail (and/or email) on June 2nd."

Hi! In the confirmation email I received after submission, it states the following "As detailed on our website (http://admissions.tu.edu/msmhs-com), the application period will close on May 18th and decisions will be released via US mail (and/or email) on June 2nd."

joujou, can i ask how you decided to send your recommendation letters that were stored on interfolio? i checked off on the confidentiality agreement, so i don't feel comfortable emailing them to myself, like ms. bible suggested. i don't want to risk the integrity of my letters, since i plan on using them when i apply to medical school in the future... :confused:

joujou, can i ask how you decided to send your recommendation letters that were stored on interfolio? i checked off on the confidentiality agreement, so i don't feel comfortable emailing them to myself, like ms. bible suggested. i don't want to risk the integrity of my letters, since i plan on using them when i apply to medical school in the future... :confused:

bumbleB, I'm so glad you asked! I figured out how to connect to Interfolio with ApplyYourself directly - it's an easy and brief process and I was done and ready to submit in a day: https://help.interfolio.com/hc/en-u...ading-Letters-to-an-Online-Application-System

hope that helps!

Hey everyone, I'm also part of the MSMHS program at Touro. If you have any questions feel free to ask. In terms of the MCAT, the program recommends if you have a 27 on the MCAT. However, you can still apply and be accepted without an MCAT score or a score less than 27. If you do have a score less than 27 they will recommend you to retake the MCAT. A 26 is ok too but they still might recommend you to retake it. Mind you I say recommend and not ORDER you to take it. It's all up to you but if you do have a 23 or something I highly suggest you retake the test. The reason why I am telling you this is because they only give you June and July to study if you get in. You need to retake the MCAT in the beginning of August or else you will fall behind in classes right away so make sure you keep that in mind

Reactions: 1 users
I am applying from outside the United States (I graduated from University of Toronto), but I am a permanent resident of the US (which is an admission requirement).
I'm wondering if any current students in the MSMHS program are also from outside the US. I heard that Californians have priority in admission. Is this true? Are my chances decreased because I graduated from a foreign institution?

I don't know about any priority admission if you're in-state. Majority of our class completed their undergrad in CA. One was from Michigan and another from Hawaii. Previous classes were from all other parts of the US too. I don't know about Canada but I doubt that will hold you back

Is it too late to apply to this program? Thanks!

Does anyone know if they use rolling admission process? I just submitted my application which is pretty late at this time. Good luck with everyone who applied! I also applied to some other post bac programs. I have been checking my emails everyday but have not heard back from any school yet.

Nope it is not rolling, check the admissions page it gives you the deadlines and notifications. I remember last year I got a call while watching the MNT in the world cup...

Hi everyone I had something that I wanted to confirm. We don't have to send in our official transcripts right? Only have to upload the unofficial ones?

Hi everyone I had something that I wanted to confirm. We don't have to send in our official transcripts right? Only have to upload the unofficial ones?
I had my official transcript sent in. I recommend double check with Naisha Bible since all the documents have to be arrived before May 18th.

That's right, they only need the official ones once you're accepted.

Hi everyone thanks for your help so far and sorry one more question. Ok this might seem like a dumb question but I'm not sure if i'm reading the right. For the following question in the attachment that we had to fill out. I was wondering is the only asking for research experience? Or is also saying write our clinical volunteering experiences?

"Have you obtained any clinical and/or research experience? If yes, please provide the following for each experience: University/Employer, Principal Investigator, Position, Dates, Total Hours, Hours per Week, and Description of Responsibilities."

Yes it is asking about all your exp.

Hey,

Does anyone know how the MCAT works in this program?
I know you do not need an MCAT to enter the program but what is the minimum MCAT score needed to matriculate into the DO after completion?

If we submitted an MCAT score with the application for MASTERS program, do we have to retake mcat to achieve a particular score?

You need the MCAT for the DO program, and most, if not all the people in my class had taken the MCAT. One retook it during the program.

I'm not sure about how the new MCAT scores work. If you get accepted you can always ask the program director for what they recommend. Honestly, you can take the chance to not retake the MCAT but you have to perform very well in the program. If you do not perform well, you can always take the MCAT the summer after the program is over and apply for COM the following year. If you have any more questions about retaking the MCAT PM me

Hey everyone, I'm also part of the MSMHS program at Touro. If you have any questions feel free to ask. In terms of the MCAT, the program recommends if you have a 27 on the MCAT. However, you can still apply and be accepted without an MCAT score or a score less than 27. If you do have a score less than 27 they will recommend you to retake the MCAT. A 26 is ok too but they still might recommend you to retake it. Mind you I say recommend and not ORDER you to take it. It's all up to you but if you do have a 23 or something I highly suggest you retake the test. The reason why I am telling you this is because they only give you June and July to study if you get in. You need to retake the MCAT in the beginning of August or else you will fall behind in classes right away so make sure you keep that in mind
I applied with a 27 MCAT score...however, I'd like to retake MCAT again for a higher score. Do you think I'd have time after the program to study and take the mcat again before med school application?

Edit. nvm, i read your latest post

2 more weeks! Good luck everyone! I'm getting anxious already.... hate the waiting game.

I completed my application here a couple of days ago. This program seems like it's one of the closest things to a guaranteed admission into the medical school if you get into the masters program so I'm really hoping I can get in.

Last edited:
I know this program is aimed at those wanting to pursue medical school, but what if you are fresh out of undergrad with goals to attend PA school instead? Would that be frowned upon when having applied for this program? Opinions? I haven't taken the GRE (yet) or MCAT either.

I don't think this program has any relationship to the PA program, it really seems more targeted to those wanting to pursue osteopathic medicine. You could always email the program contact if you wish. The email is [email protected]

Touro Nevada's MSMHS program on the other hand does reserve spots in their program for students interested in PA school: http://tun.touro.edu/prospective-students/applying-for-admission/mhs-admission/

I would look into that program instead.

Anyways, 1 more day everyone. We are supposed to hear back tomorrow I think.