Touro-CA MSMHS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am not sure, from this end its mostly geared to the com program. I would send an email to the program director for his take on it, not naisha.

But if touro nv is more associated as stated above maybe you should look into that one.

Members don't see this ad.

I know this program is aimed at those wanting to pursue medical school, but what if you are fresh out of undergrad with goals to attend PA school instead? Would that be frowned upon when having applied for this program? Opinions? I haven't taken the GRE (yet) or MCAT either.

I suggest you look at another program. TUNV provides MS program for Pre-PAs. If you are applying to PA school, you want to make sure that you do not make it seem like being a PA was a backup plan. Check out programs catered towards PA school and look for more info at http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/

Good luck today everyone! I hope they let us know early on in the day... I'm anxious already!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm weren't we supposed to hear something today? Nothing to report from me.

Reactions: 1 user
They were a business day late for our replies from last year. Don't be surprised if you get it tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Yea last year it was late, I think it was on the 4th actually.

Here's to hoping it's today! lol.

Reactions: 2 users
They were a business day late for our replies from last year. Don't be surprised if you get it tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you get something mailed to you or an e mail?

Was placed on the "low alternative wait list" and my chances are categorized as possible but "unlikely" lol

@ Manders : You got an email I assume? Nothing here yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was placed on the "low alternative wait list" and my chances are categorized as possible but "unlikely" lol

Thought it was funny that the letter started with "I am pleased to advise you..." but then later mentioned that "your chances [are] unlikely"

There will be others for us!

Last edited:
Thought it was funny that the letter started with "I am pleased to advise you..." but then later mentioned that "your chances [are] unlikely"

There will be others for us!
OMG yes!!!! I honestly wasn't expecting to get in against the odds so when I saw "pleased" I was like wait a minute lol they need to rephrase that for site in the future haha

I was waitlisted last year and moved off.

So what does the number in the subject line imply? Also, I assume low alternate waitlist is worse than high alternate waitlist?

Just speculation: (1) might mean acceptance , (2) = high wait list, (3) = low wait list?
I have no idea though obviously.

Hey everyone, I just got the email informing me of my acceptance. Hope to hear form everyone else, and good luck to those waiting.

If you got an acceptance contact me or cytokinesis for the facebook add.

AHHH!! No email yet. I even checked spam. How long does it take for them to send notifications to everyone?

Seems they are going out in batches today

Agreed. These decisions are being sent out so slow...

The suspense is killing me!! I've been checking my email every five minutes since yesterday!

Bummer waitlisted! I guess it was to be expected since I didn't learn about the program until 2 weeks before application deadline. I had a (2) in my subject line, not sure if that is high or low on waitlist?

waitlist (2) as well =/
i wonder how many "high priority" waitlists they hand out?

From the looks of it they gave a lot of us waitlist (2)'s.. :/

for those accepted, how much time are you given to submit your decision? also, if you don't mind sharing your stats.

Mine, sGPA:3.6 cGPA:3.6 MCAT: 27

Last edited:
(1) accepted! They are giving us 2 weeks to submit our decisions.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Did everyone that got the waitlist (2) e-mail also see, "I am still very hopeful that you are going to get a seat" within the text of his/her e-mail?

Last edited:
I wondered if people are just wait listed or they reject others...

Did everyone that got the waitlist (2) e-mail also see, "I am still very hopeful that you are going to get a seat" within the text of his/her e-mail?
That was in my email

I wondered if people are just wait listed or they reject others...
I was browsing old threads and read a few people were rejected. I wonder if wait listed, what the odds of getting a seat since usually they accept 2x the amount of seats

This whole waitlist uncertainty really makes it harder to make summer plans and find housing for next year :( I am on the (2) waitlist.

I was waitlisted last year and got a call right around the Germany vs US in the world cup last summer.

Half of this year's class came from the waitlist. They can call you up until a week or two before orientation. Orientation this year is July 31

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just speculation: (1) might mean acceptance , (2) = high wait list, (3) = low wait list?
I have no idea though obviously.
That seems to be the case, yeah.

Got the 3 email, oh well. I've been struggling with the decision to actually attend if I got in anyway. Glad they made the decision for me. Props to the admissions committee for realizing the guy who lived in NC for the past 15 years wouldn't be too eager to move 3000 miles away to tack an extra 60k onto their medical school debt.