Touro COM - New York, Middletown Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Middletown) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know much about how the waitlist at Middletown works? I was waitlisted post-interview a few weeks ago, and was wondering if anyone could shine some light on if Touro is pretty active with waitlist movement or not until April/May/June?

Maybe email admission stating your continued interest in TouroNY.

Could someone explain the grading system at Middletown?

Edit: grammar

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If we don't pay the deposit by the due date then is it assumed that we aren't accepting their offer? Or do we have to email them to withdraw the acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got rejected here last year because I really bombed the interview. Would it be wise to choose middletown again? My stats fit right in line with the average. Should I instead focus on harlem this year? Would middletown hold last years inteview against me?

Hi I have an interview at Middletown in January, would you mind sharing what they asked you in your interview and how was it overall? Thanks

Received an II on 10/15, submitted 9/22. Going for my interview on 11/2 for Middletown campus!

Hi, I have an interview there for January. Would you mind sharing how it went, what they asked you, and overall how it was? Thanks

Just got accepted!! I interviewed November 2nd.

That's really awesome. Would you mind sharing how your interview experience was like and any tips you'd like to give out. Also what kind of questions did they ask? My interview is in January and it would help a lot. Thanks!

Hi, I'm new to SDN and I recently got an Interview from TouroCOM Middletown for January. Can someone who has already had an interview there or knows anything please tell me what exactly it is like. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, I'm new to SDN and I recently got an Interview from TouroCOM Middletown for January. Can someone who has already had an interview there or knows anything please tell me what exactly it is like. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

To add to other posts, the interview is very laid back. You will be interviewed by two faculty (Neither of mine were doctors). It appeared as though they had a list of pre-written questions but it felt very conversational, each of your answers seemed to lead into the next question. They go back and forth between positive and negative aspects of your application. The questions were exactly what you would expect for a med-school interview.

The day was long extending from 8am to after 4pm. Everyone was friendly and it seemed as though the dean knew every student by first name. I was very impressed.

Stats:
Submitted beginning of Sept., Secondary in by late Sept., interview invite just a month later in Nov., Interviewed 11/23, accepted 12/2.

MCAT 501, GPA 3.79, OOS

When were you complete or when did you submit your secondary?
Also what are your stats/LizzyM?

When were you complete or when did you submit your secondary?
Also what are your stats/LizzyM?
I submitted my secondary around November i believe. Interview invitation was sent Early December. My cGPA 3.86, MCAT 25

Last edited:
To add to other posts, the interview is very laid back. You will be interviewed by two faculty (Neither of mine were doctors). It appeared as though they had a list of pre-written questions but it felt very conversational, each of your answers seemed to lead into the next question. They go back and forth between positive and negative aspects of your application. The questions were exactly what you would expect for a med-school interview.

The day was long extending from 8am to after 4pm. Everyone was friendly and it seemed as though the dean knew every student by first name. I was very impressed.

Stats:
Submitted beginning of Sept., Secondary in by late Sept., interview invite just a month later in Nov., Interviewed 11/23, accepted 12/2.

MCAT 501, GPA 3.79, OOS
That's very helpful, thank you so much for that. How long did the interview itself last? Honestly, this is my first interview and I've been doing mock interviews to prepare for it. If you don't mind me asking, will you be attending Middletown then? If so, is there anything note worthy I should know about the school itself? Once again, appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's very helpful, thank you so much for that. How long did the interview itself last? Honestly, this is my first interview and I've been doing mock interviews to prepare for it. If you don't mind me asking, will you be attending Middletown then? If so, is there anything note worthy I should know about the school itself? Once again, appreciate it.

The interview itself was only a half hour.

I will be attending.

It is a brand new campus and therefore not much data has been published about scores and statistics. There are many posts in the thread that talk about the area and the pros and cons of the school so check them out!

II!! Any idea on their acceptance rate post-interview? Also any hints about the interview and its format? Is it with 2 professors or only with one?

Wish I would hear something from this school.
Submitted Oct 23 I believe.
Would sending a Letter of intent or calling the school help?

II invite today, was complete 10/15 I think. cGPA 3.70, sGPA 3.60, MCAT 512 (32ish on the old one).

Declined and withdrew so hopefully this II goes to one of you folks! Sort of a shame to decline this one.. My wife grew up there and we are both dying to get back to the East Coast

Does anyone know much about how the waitlist at Middletown works? I was waitlisted post-interview a few weeks ago, and was wondering if anyone could shine some light on if Touro is pretty active with waitlist movement or not until April/May/June?

Do you mind sharing your stats/experience?

Had an interview here January 11th and LOVED everything about the school. The staff and faculty were super nice and friendly. To all those having interviews, the questions you are asked are what you generally would expect in a medical school interview, just know your application really well.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope none of you guys interview with Dr. Lobo (?). He turned me off towards the school completely. Way too sarcastic during the interview that it came off as rude. Rest of the staff were nice. But if I don't attend here, it will be primarily because of him. I was very close to writing a letter to the administration to describe how unprofessional he was.

Did anyone feel as though their interview was very short? As in, only a few (3-5) questions asked?

Congrats!!!! :) How was the interview? I have mine soon!
Thanks!! The interview went well. The questions are what you would generally expect in a medical school interview. Just know you application really well because they might draw questions from there! Good Luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks!! The interview went well. The questions are what you would generally expect in a medical school interview. Just know you application really well because they might draw questions from there! Good Luck!

Interview day is long but it was actually really fun. I met some amazing people who I'd love to have as classmates.

Know the flipped classroom model and communicate your learning style. They questioned me quite a bit about my interest and knowledge of rural medicine and Healthcare disparities. They also gave me ethical questions based on experiences on my application.

Last edited:
Heeard back withiin one day of my interview but will be declining my acceptance, good luck to you all. Seemed like a great school, just not the one for me.

Just got my acceptance after interviewing yesterday. I'll need to wait to send in my deposit though, since pay day is next Friday.

Accepted. Thrilled because I really like curriculum, location and environment. Well wishes to everyone!

Could anyone give me input on the 3rd and 4th year rotation at this school?

accepted just now, interviewed 2/1. hard decisions....could someone please give me advice on middletown vs lecom-b?

Last edited:
Do they provide laptops?

Last edited:
In case anyone was wondering, as of last week, they are "not even close" to filling their class yet. (Hopefully that's good news for some of you if you're still waiting!) I think the director of admissions said they received ~9000 (?) applications, are planning to interview ~500, and so far have only given ~200 interviews. Hope this helps!

anyone know when the white coat ceremony is for the incoming class?