2022-2023 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email that they received my application. OOS. Also that they are opening the Montana campus next year in case we are interested.

Also apparently Casper and Duet are required.

• lease note, new application review begins in late August. Secondary application invitations are sent on an ongoing basis through March 1 and the deadline to submit a secondary application is March 15.
  • Please see https://tourocom.touro.edu/admissions--aid/ for all standard and COVID-19 related adjustments to the admission process for the 2022-2023 application cycle.
  • Casper/ Duet/ Snapshot - Please note, Casper and Duet are required but, completion of Snapshot is not.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email that they received my application. OOS. Also that they are opening the Montana campus next year in case we are interested.

Also apparently Casper and Duet are required.

• lease note, new application review begins in late August. Secondary application invitations are sent on an ongoing basis through March 1 and the deadline to submit a secondary application is March 15.
  • Please see https://tourocom.touro.edu/admissions--aid/ for all standard and COVID-19 related adjustments to the admission process for the 2022-2023 application cycle.
  • Casper/ Duet/ Snapshot - Please note, Casper and Duet are required but, completion of Snapshot is not.
does this mean they've already reviewed a few applications already?

Members don't see this ad :)
So we could apply for the Montana location this year as well? Is that what the email is saying?

No one received a secondary yet right just an email stating the details someone posted above

@Alien Ai ADCOM said in an info session the secondary will be sent in mid August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an advantage of applying to one campus over the other?

Is there an advantage of applying to one campus over the other?
i think on the secondary you can indicate your preference for either Harlem or Middletown. Typically Harlem gets more applicants applying because people want to live in the city.

i think on the secondary you can indicate your preference for either Harlem or Middletown. Typically Harlem gets more applicants applying because people want to live in the city.
ooo that's interesting, ty for letting me know!

I received a secondary from the NV campus. Can I select NY and submit to them instead or wait to receive from NY?

I did but just haven’t received a secondary from them yet

I just added this school to primary. Have you all taken DUET? Would ALTUS report your DUET to every other school where CASPER reports are sent? I would prefer avoiding feeding DUET to schools that are not asking them

I just added this school to primary. Have you all taken DUET? Would ALTUS report your DUET to every other school where CASPER reports are sent? I would prefer avoiding feeding DUET to schools that are not asking them
this is exactly what i'm worried about .... I asked altius and they said, "Only programs that require Snapshot will be able to access and review your Snapshot responses. Your Duet results are only distributed to the programs on your distribution list that require Duet." BUT it seems like they don't distinguish between required vs recommended so either way the schools receives our scores........

Interesting. I read somewhere DUET will also be available for programs where you sent the CASPER report. If this happens, it could backfire. If you do DUET matching Touro mission, that could mess up for other schools

exactly.. I took casper on 7/19 my score has been sent out

Primary submitted 7/15, secondary received 9/2, submitted 9/4, now appears as "under review" in the portal. I think my status yesterday was "submitted." Did not receive any emails since submitting.

Secondary received but confused about the locations. Does anyone know what we select? I was gonna do Touro College -> College of Osteopathic -> but the two options are only for the masters program?

Secondary received but confused about the locations. Does anyone know what we select? I was gonna do Touro College -> College of Osteopathic -> but the two options are only for the masters program?
In the email I received it gave some instructions about if that happens and it only shows up the MS programs. I think it said to copy and paste the link or something.

But also secondary finally received today :)

II email received 09/16 with instructions on how to schedule. I saw three available dates in October
I submitted my secondary on 09/08

What does it mean degree completed in the "English Language" does that literally mean a BA/BS in English?? Such a weird wording to the statement has me confused if I need to pay for this AP score BS.

Typically "degree completed in the English language" = did you study at an English-speaking university, and were your classes (barring foreign language classes, etc) in English?

Got the R. No secondary. I didn’t think they had screening requirements but maybe I missed it somewhere.

anyone that has received an interview invite from middletown? what was it like if you’ve already done it?

Did anyone else get II for Great Falls, Montana campus? I don't see a separate post for the campus.