-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013
Started by JamesLMT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey! Where is everyone? Applied 6/7 still not verified!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applied. but not verified. AACOMAS is waiting for my transcripts 🙁
Last year secondaries were reported on SDN until August. Also, they scree before sending them out (GPA-3.0, MCAT 25)
Last year secondaries were reported on SDN until August. Also, they scree before sending them out (GPA-3.0, MCAT 25)
is that overall gpa or sci?
is that overall gpa or sci?
Both.
not til August? I had a buddy interview in August (two years ago)...hopefully its sooner??
Oh well, I like this school, nice area too.
Oh well, I like this school, nice area too.
is it true that Touro NV doesn't have any essays in the secondary application?
True. Just a form that needs to be filled out that repeats some of the info from the AACOMAS app.
Still no secondary....
There won't be til around mid or late August usually. No news is good news at this point because they were sending out rejections last week.
There won't be til around mid or late August usually. No news is good news at this point because they were sending out rejections last week.
Interesting. Where did you hear that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They were basically screening for secondaries. They just sent out rejections to people who didn't meet their minimum requirements and then said let us know if you improve your application and we might review it. And it's easy to find out when to expect secondaries by looking at past threads it's not rocket science.
They were basically screening for secondaries. They just sent out rejections to people who didn't meet their minimum requirements and then said let us know if you improve your application and we might review it. And it's easy to find out when to expect secondaries by looking at past threads it's not rocket science.
Secondary application received today!!!!
Check your inboxes and spam folders!
Secondary application received today!!!!
Check your inboxes and spam folders!
Did anyone else get one?
Yeah, got mine as well...
They were basically screening for secondaries. They just sent out rejections to people who didn't meet their minimum requirements and then said let us know if you improve your application and we might review it. And it's easy to find out when to expect secondaries by looking at past threads it's not rocket science.
That's a little harsh, dude. He was just politely inquiring.
Got a secondary as well! How tough is the screen? Is it just a GPA/MCAT cut off? Or is it like Touro-NY where everyone who gets a secondary is guaranteed an interview?
Wasn't being harsh at all. But when secondaries should be expected was addressed only a few posts above. By saying it isn't rocket science I was emphasizing how easy it is to find out when to expect secondaries.
Got a secondary as well! How tough is the screen? Is it just a GPA/MCAT cut off? Or is it like Touro-NY where everyone who gets a secondary is guaranteed an interview?
Minimum GPA of 3.0 and minimum MCAT of 25
Minimum GPA of 3.0 and minimum MCAT of 25
3.22 3.77 26 (10 8 8)
Was released on 06/24. No secondary yet.
Minimum GPA of 3.0 and minimum MCAT of 25
That's not much a screen at all. Oh well. I do suspect they will be sending out a lot more then.
That's a little harsh, dude. He was just politely inquiring.
+1. It's nicer to be nice
Got a secondary as well! How tough is the screen? Is it just a GPA/MCAT cut off? Or is it like Touro-NY where everyone who gets a secondary is guaranteed an interview?
I was just looking at their website and saw this: "Applicants for the class matriculating in 2012 must submit MCAT scores that are no older than June 2010." Meaning for the class of 2013 we should have an MCAT after June 2011? I didn't realize that before applying 👎
3.22 3.77 26 (10 8 8)
Was released on 06/24. No secondary yet.
No secondary for me either. 3.20c, 3.20s, 33Q (11, 11, 11).
No love for Mister 3.42/30 🙁
4
411309
i also received one and my stats arent great- 3.25 cum 3.29 science 26 mcat.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just looking at their website and saw this: "Applicants for the class matriculating in 2012 must submit MCAT scores that are no older than June 2010." Meaning for the class of 2013 we should have an MCAT after June 2011? I didn't realize that before applying 👎
CIB shows they accept back to June 2009...
Got mine too ... R u guys handwriting it?
Hoping for one soon! (3.49, 29O)
Last edited:
They were basically screening for secondaries. They just sent out rejections to people who didn't meet their minimum requirements and then said let us know if you improve your application and we might review it. And it's easy to find out when to expect secondaries by looking at past threads it's not rocket science.
Thanks...... I realize its not rocket science. I was only asking about the rejections being sent out part.
Got mine too ... R u guys handwriting it?
I am, with my nicest possible handwriting lol. In the email it said the PDF doesn't have fillable fields and that they want you to fax, scan or snail mail it to them. I took that as you should fill it out by hand.
CIB shows they accept back to June 2009...
Oh, really? I guess that's why I didn't notice before. I hope they take mine! (May 2010) I'll email them later today...
I couldn't find this information anywhere in their email nor website so I emailed them. I hope this helps somebody.
Hello admissions,
I'm applying to the medical school and, regarding the $100 fee, is it waived if I have an AACOMAS fee waiver?
California's school offered this and I was wondering if this is offered here as well.
thanks very much.
Yes, if you qualify for the AACOMAS fee waiver, we will honor that for a supplemental application fee waiver. You will need to include the AACOMAS fee waiver email with your application
For the health-related information we have to fill out on the secondary, are you guys listing only employment experiences or health-related volunteer experiences as well?
For the health-related information we have to fill out on the secondary, are you guys listing only employment experiences or health-related volunteer experiences as well?
If I remember right from last night...there is a section for volunteer experiences just below the work
I am, with my nicest possible handwriting lol. In the email it said the PDF doesn't have fillable fields and that they want you to fax, scan or snail mail it to them. I took that as you should fill it out by hand.
I just used a PDF annotation program and typed it...my handwriting is, what's the word...barf-tastic?
With preview on a Mac you can even digitally sign it with your webcam...pretty cool
I guess I was screened out. No secondary.
They only screen <3.0 and <25, so your stats pass
...haven't you been getting secondaries about a day late for some reason this cycle too? I bet it comes...
They only screen <3.0 and <25, so your stats pass
...haven't you been getting secondaries about a day late for some reason this cycle too? I bet it comes...
Nope. Been getting them all on the first day except for Jefferson.
Nope. Been getting them all on the first day except for Jefferson.
Oh weird...maybe they saw that comment you made about them earlier? Haha 😉
Hopefully you get it soon
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh weird...maybe they saw that comment you made about them earlier? Haha 😉
Hopefully you get it soon
Someone in the UD group ratted me out!
Just got the secondary. I'm not going to risk typing it though.
"Please note that this is NOT a fillable PDF."
I dunno about you guys, but if I bold AND caps something I generally want that point enforced....
"Please note that this is NOT a fillable PDF."
I dunno about you guys, but if I bold AND caps something I generally want that point enforced....
Just got the secondary. I'm not going to risk typing it though.
"Please note that this is NOT a fillable PDF."
I dunno about you guys, but if I bold AND caps something I generally want that point enforced....
I concur with that diagnosis.
Just got the secondary. I'm not going to risk typing it though.
"Please note that this is NOT a fillable PDF."
I dunno about you guys, but if I bold AND caps something I generally want that point enforced....
Lol, no risk.
A fillable PDF is special type of form with pre existing slots for text. It's great, but not easy to create and they are just avoiding the cost of upgrading to it. If they wanted hand written, they would say so.
It's OK to type your secondary... 😉
Faxing a secondary felt weird... but it went through okay.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 300
- Views
- 58K
- Replies
- 318
- Views
- 76K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 250
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 438
- Views
- 94K
