2022-2023 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sounds like you'll get an update on Nov 16th!

haha silly question from my end. i was just caught off guard by the quick turnaround time. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

haha silly question from my end. i was just caught off guard by the quick turnaround time. thanks!
no it wasn't a silly question! I'm sure it's just them letting you know that you'll hear from them by then - whether its news or no news

Reactions: 1 user
II just now for 11/30, received the final review email on Sunday 10/30!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that interviewed already what was the vibe like - traditional, low stress, one interviewer/multiple, etc?

For those of you that interviewed already what was the vibe like - traditional, low stress, one interviewer/multiple, etc?
It was a very long interview day, but the interview was quite laid-back for me. Only took about 20 mins and I thought my interviewer was very nice.

Can any students comment on how you feel about the P/F with internal rankings? P/F sounds nice, but does it stress you guys out more than grades because every percent counts?
1667705979370.png

Can any students comment on how you feel about the P/F with internal rankings? P/F sounds nice, but does it stress you guys out more than grades because every percent counts?

In my experience, stress level is dependent on an individual's personality and specialty interest rather than the school's grading system. I believe our MSPEs for residency programs say if we're ranked top half, top quartile, top 10%, number 1 etc but don't include class rank if you're under top 50%. So 1st percentile through 49th percentile student will have no comment about their class rank. Transcript just has P/F for didactic and P/HP/H for clinic.

My goal for didactic was to pass, stay on top of my mental health and spend quality time with my wife. Other students might feel differently.

Reactions: 2 users
Are there any current students on here that can share or PM popular options for housing? Thank you.

Got the A!!

No reply to my previous email, but like somone mentioned above, it does seem like the decision delay is legit just them needing more time (either to process or review) and not a soft waitlist.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Got the A!!

No reply to my previous email, but like somone mentioned above, it does seem like the decision delay is legit just them needing more time (either to process or review) and not a soft waitlist.
Congratulations future doc :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just got notified that I’ll likely get my decision on Monday. Interviewed 10/24

Members don't see this ad :)
Today is the day for 10/24 peeps?

Edit: Just got the A! Interviewed 10/24.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
R via email, interviewed 10/24.

• Care
Does anyone know how we can visit/tour campus? Do they have specific days? Also is there an accepted students page or chat?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how we can visit/tour campus? Do they have specific days? Also is there an accepted students page or chat?

I would call! Most schools are pretty accommodating if you have a schedule/travel you have to work around.

I got rejected post interview too and im so confused lol. did you think your interview went bad?
I am pretty confused too. Not upset. I have 3 other A's, 2 MD and 1 DO, so it's confusing to have this rejection but obviously not devastating since I have other options. I did feel the interview was one of my most intense, as other interviewers have stated I felt like they were grilling me. I am a TX resident so I don't know if some degree of 'yield protection' happened. I'm not super high stats (508/3.8).

I have gotten into multiple DO schools and 1 MD School as well so even though I dont care, I also felt like I had a hostile interviewer. I was on the verge of tears and I dont know if I should email admissions to say anything about it or just let it go lol
This is for another school and I'm also not sure what to do about it. One of my interviewers kept interrupting me after every other word, not letting me finish anything I said, and would occasionally say something questionable regarding racial/cultural stereotypes and then correct himself. He kept forgetting things I said at the start of the interview, asking me questions about my time at various undergraduate institutions I did not work at or attend, the interview began by him saying "I'm sorry I'm tired", and it was just overall very very weird. Don't know what to do.

Any accepted student FB group or GroupMe?

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who accepted an offer, feel free to message me, maybe we can start a Whatsapp chat :)

hello yall was just accepted here and would love to ask a few questions to students currently attending. please like this if i can pm u questions

I paid my deposit; there is no Black Friday or Cyber Monday discount. I'll see y'all on the basketball court and in the buffets.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Interview Waitlist just now, does anyone know if it’s a soft R? :/

Rescinded my A as well. Hope it goes to one of you beautiful people! Good luck everyone :)

Hey y'all! We made a discord server for those who accepted an acceptance offer. Dm me and I'll send you an invite link!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the under review email. Anyone know what that means?

Placed under final review last night, II this morning :) OOS, complete 8/11