2022-2023 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi :) When was your application submitted and under review if you don't mind me asking. Thank you!
I think around July-August. I got the "under review" email on 1/15. When they sent me II there were still a lot of open spots/dates for interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning, complete in September. Their interview scheduler says "Waitlist seats are not guaranteed" so I'm not sure if interviews at this point are only for waitlist spots.

Edit: This is for waitlist if interview seats are filled or requesting different date for interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know how long the interview day is? Is it 3 hours or does it take half the day? Thank you!

Do you guys know how long the interview day is? Is it 3 hours or does it take half the day? Thank you!
The interview day goes from 8 am - about 1:30-2 pm, but the actual interview portion is only about 20 mins. The rest of time is for presentations, Q&A, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Does anyone know how long we have to pay the deposit? I have not received my official letter yet.

I was accepted a couple weeks ago and I was wondering if there was a new student Facebook group or discord

I was accepted a couple weeks ago and I was wondering if there was a new student Facebook group or discord
For current/future accepted students - if you message admissions, they'll send ya an email to the Facebook group. Add'l - if you just search up "TUNCOM DO27" on Facebook, it should be one of the top results for closed groups!

For current/future accepted students - if you message admissions, they'll send ya an email to the Facebook group. Add'l - if you just search up "TUNCOM DO27" on Facebook, it should be one of the top results for closed groups!
Can I ask if it's... active? Helpful? I don't have FB, wondering whether or not it's worth it to join the group.

Can I ask if it's... active? Helpful? I don't have FB, wondering whether or not it's worth it to join the group.
I'd definitely say it's a useful resource in terms of finding a roommate and apartment, general questions, and when the school year starts - hearing student organization / government announcements, but it isn't completely necessary. At this current point though, there really isn't any rush to joining since so few students are actually accepted into TUNCOM. Each class usually makes a Discord server (DO27 is already up and running), if you're more active on that. Ultimately, I'd wait it out until you're fully committed to a school, too.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd definitely say it's a useful resource in terms of finding a roommate and apartment, general questions, and when the school year starts - hearing student organization / government announcements, but it isn't completely necessary. At this current point though, there really isn't any rush to joining since so few students are actually accepted into TUNCOM. Each class usually makes a Discord server (DO27 is already up and running), if you're more active on that. Ultimately, I'd wait it out until you're fully committed to a school, too.
Thank you, this is good advice. Unfortunately, not on Discord either. But I'm doing an accepted student tour at Touro in March, so I'll wait until after that to join the groups.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they’re giving outright acceptances still? I know some schools have their class full but are interviewing for their waitlist so just wondering

I'm having trouble with the interview scheduling portal. I got an II recently from Touro Nevada, but the only date I see on the portal is March 6th, but I have another interview to attend to that day so I had to put myself on the waitlist. However, I'm getting text messages from 8 different numbers about new interview spots available, but it's actually only for the same March 6th spot that I can't attend. Has anybody come across this issue before?

Does anyone know if they’re giving outright acceptances still? I know some schools have their class full but are interviewing for their waitlist so just wondering
From past years' threads, they seem to offer acceptances pretty late so I'd imagine they are interviewing for actual seats and not just waitlist at this point.

Omg I just got an interview invite off the interview waitlist 😭! Don’t give up hope y’all!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats on getting off the pre-II WL! I just got put on it lol. I submitted my primary and secondary super late (2° on 1/11), so I’m actually very grateful. Any word on the amount of movement on this list?

Congrats on getting off the pre-II WL! I just got put on it lol. I submitted my primary and secondary super late (2° on 1/11), so I’m actually very grateful. Any word on the amount of movement on this list?

I also applied around then - actually a little before, but haven’t heard anything at all! I didn’t even get an email saying they were reviewing my app, it only says so on the portal.

Omg I just got an interview invite off the interview waitlist 😭! Don’t give up hope y’all!
Do they only give one interview date or did they have multiple options on the calendar? Cuz I only saw one date when I checked last week.

Do they only give one interview date or did they have multiple options on the calendar? Cuz I only saw one date when I checked last week.
There were 2 for me. One in the beginning of March and one at the end.

Looking to chat with a current student! Just have some questions to ask. Thanks!

Anyone else get the "we are currently in the review process" email post II on the day you were supposed to hear back? Should I take this as a R?

Anyone who submitted a secondary in January or after, when did you hear back about your interview status?

I just heard back and was placed on a interview WL - but only after following up a few times with admissions because I didn’t receive any email confirming my secondary was received or my application was being reviewed yet my portal said “under review”. When I reached out to them a few weeks ago, they didn’t confirm or deny the status of my application but then there was finally movement on my app and I received emails confirming my secondary and “under review status” after submitting my secondary early January.

I’m wondering if I was lost in the pile due to a glitch or something, or if it was just because I applied late. If it’s a former, sorta frustrating because I essentially spent $100 for them to tell me to do their masters (which I’ve already done elsewhere lol) because my review was delayed.

Just withdrew my interview/app, I hope it goes to one of you :) best of luck to all!

Has anyone else received a DocuSign email for a Registration Permission Form? Is it binding in any way?

Anyone else get the "we are currently in the review process" email post II on the day you were supposed to hear back? Should I take this as a R?
I just got this too, hopefully not because this is my top choice

Reactions: 2 users
I just got this too, hopefully not because this is my top choice
+1
Strange because during the interview day they said this is the day they forsure will have it decided.

Reactions: 2 users
+1
Strange because during the interview day they said this is the day they forsure will have it decided.
+ 2
Was expecting the decision today. They didn’t say when exactly will they be sending out decisions, but it is sometime next week, according to the email.

Anybody know what I can expect for the Touro-Nevada interview tomorrow? I don't see much information on it besides that it's from 10am-5pm ET. But I don't know if it's MMI or traditional.

Anybody know what I can expect for the Touro-Nevada interview tomorrow? I don't see much information on it besides that it's from 10am-5pm ET. But I don't know if it's MMI or traditional.

I would definitely recommend checking out the interview page on SDN! You’re welcome to PM me also