2022-2023 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary Questions:
1. Why are you interested in pursuing this degree at Touro Nevada?
2. What award(s) or recognition(s) have you received within the last five years?
3. What volunteer experience have you had during the last three years?
4. What research experience have you had during the last three years?
5. Please tell us about your extracurricular activities or hobbies.

I don't see any word/character count limits on the app, but some quick experimenting makes it seem that there is a 1500 character limit for all of the essay questions

Edit: I called the admissions office and some additional points I think would be helpful for everyone:
1. The most important question is the first one "Why are you interested in...."
2. They are expecting all of the essay questions to be answered as a short essay, not as a bullet point
3. With the exception of the first essay question, everything else is pretty much optional. The person who I chatted with said that you should only add info that isn't already discussed in the AACOMAS application. "Pretty much use this to update on anything that has happened since you submitted your primary application."

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, current OMS-2 at Touro. I found a list of rotation sites on campus that’s not yet on the school’s website.

Please note that I’m happy to answer general questions about the school and lifestyle here but I don’t answer questions about the interview process or questions that could be construed as interview-style questions.

209FA714-0118-471E-B4B1-E3C6DEB2DB41.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email saying I didn't meet the min requirements (49X MCAT) so they weren't able to give me a secondary, however, I also indicated on my primary that I would be retaking my MCAT. Is there anyway to have them keep my app on hold?

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email saying I didn't meet the min requirements (49X MCAT) so they weren't able to give me a secondary, however, I also indicated on my primary that I would be retaking my MCAT. Is there anyway to have them keep my app on hold?
Same here. I get my results next week and I'm just wondering if they'll reconsider once my score reaches above 500.

Same here. I get my results next week and I'm just wondering if they'll reconsider once my score reaches above 500.
I called and left a voicemail with the director and emailed admissions so we will see, the office seemed really nice!

That's why you never submit your app to the school you wanted to go when your MCAT is <500 or you are re-taking. Always submit app to throw away school so your app gets verified and once your MCAT score comes or you are happy with your MCAT score then add other schools.
Btw, just graduated from TUNCOM.

That's why you never submit your app to the school you wanted to go when your MCAT is <500 or you are re-taking. Always submit app to throw away school so your app gets verified and once your MCAT score comes or you are happy with your MCAT score then add other schools.
Btw, just graduated from TUNCOM
They just put it on hold and told me to email them when new score comes in, every other school has done that also

@PapaGuava Here are the Essay questions for 2022

2. What award(s) or recognition(s) have you received within the last five years?

I don't see any word/character count limits on the app, but some quick experimenting makes it seem that there is a 1500 character limit for all of the essay questions

Edit: I called the admissions office and some additional points I think would be helpful for everyone:
2. They are expecting all of the essay questions to be answered as a short essay, not as a bullet point
3. With the exception of the first essay question, everything else is pretty much optional. The person who I chatted with said that you should only add info that isn't already discussed in the AACOMAS application. "Pretty much use this to update on anything that has happened since you submitted your primary application."

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How much detail do they even want for #5? that feels so vague
Honestly.... I feel this for most of the other essay questions too.... b/c I wrote about most of them in the activities section of AACOMAS... so I don't know if I should just list out everything with just the bare minimum... or if I should be expanding more on each of them while also trying to avoid repeating myself. 😭

Honestly.... I feel this for most of the other essay questions too.... b/c I wrote about most of them in the activities section of AACOMAS... so I don't know if I should just list out everything with just the bare minimum... or if I should be expanding more on each of them while also trying to avoid repeating myself. 😭
exactly!!

exactly!!
so, I actually called the admissions office, and this is what they said

so... I'm just gonna write something short like "I have not received other awards or recognitions other than what is available in my primary application." for everything but the first question.

Reactions: 5 users
Such an odd secondary. You would think if they wanted updated since you AACOMAS submission they could just ask for that. Happy it's relatively easy though!

so... I'm just gonna write something short like "I have not received other awards or recognitions other than what is available in my primary application." for everything but the first question.
you the GOAT for this!!!

super thanks for this one! just submitted hehe

thx. I called and they pretty much said the same thing.

@PapaGuava Here are the Essay questions for 2022

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for this. OOS just received my secondary today and working on it now!

Just completed my secondary, when I click review application under the Requirements section it says not received, and there is an upload option... Am i supposed to do something here?

Just completed my secondary, when I click review application under the Requirements section it says not received, and there is an upload option... Am i supposed to do something here?
someone correct me if im wrong, but in the initial email it says it will take 5-10 days.

Are we supposed to upload our letter of recs or will they take it from the aacomas app?

For those that submitted their secondaries, did you use #1 to talk about "Why DO" or just talk about why you want to go to TUNCOM? I'm finding it hard to talk about both in 1500 characters.

For those that submitted their secondaries, did you use #1 to talk about "Why DO" or just talk about why you want to go to TUNCOM? I'm finding it hard to talk about both in 1500 characters.
I personally answered it as a "why TUNCOM?" No DO talk.

I did a mix and got away with it.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone explain to me where you make the payment for the secondary? I guess I’m missing it somewhere, I submitted it and I cannot find where on the portal you pay at.

Just got an email confirming they received my secondary

Can someone explain to me where you make the payment for the secondary? I guess I’m missing it somewhere, I submitted it and I cannot find where on the portal you pay at.
Are you in the military or the child of someone in the military? The same thing happened to me. I called about it, and they said that because I'm a military dependent, the fee was automatically waived.

Yes! I am a child of one! That is awesome, thank you!
Are you in the military or the child of someone in the military? The same thing happened to me. I called about it, and they said that because I'm a military dependent, the fee was automatically waived.

II just now, but it's weird af lol. They gave me the option to interview to start Aug 2022 or interview to start Aug 2023.
I got the same thing. But if I’m reading it right, it says if you deny the august 2022 interview, you’ll be reviewed for the august 2023 cohort. So it’s not a guaranteed interview for august 2023? I’m honestly not sure lol

I got it too. I was planning to take a much-needed vacation with my significant other in August, but this throws a wrench in things. Been working full-time since graduation in June of 2021.

+1. Feeling really conflicted about this opportunity.

+1 for the II for 8/2022.
I got the same thing. But if I’m reading it right, it says if you deny the august 2022 interview, you’ll be reviewed for the august 2023 cohort. So it’s not a guaranteed interview for august 2023? I’m honestly not sure lol
this is where it gets me. My partner wouldn't be able to come with me immediately either. feeling super conflicted.

If they gave all the II for 8/2022 and give us the option to defer to 2023, that would be lit. But this stinks. There is no guarantee if we decline the August 2022 II that we would be able to get a II for 2023 matriculation.

Was there like an option to be considered for Aug. 2022? Or are they just selecting certain people for it?

Was there like an option to be considered for Aug. 2022? Or are they just selecting certain people for it?
the email says "If you choose not to be considered for the August 2022 cohort, your application will continue to be reviewed for the August 2023 cohort. If you interview and are not selected for the August 2022 cohort, your application will also continue to be reviewed for the August 2023 cohort."

wait, did you gives that received the II apply last cycle as well?? i wonder how they are selecting these people

the email says "If you choose not to be considered for the August 2022 cohort, your application will continue to be reviewed for the August 2023 cohort. If you interview and are not selected for the August 2022 cohort, your application will also continue to be reviewed for the August 2023 cohort."

Sorry, I meant on the secondary app.

This is all just very weird. Their start classes soon. Why are they interviewing us for their current class? Do they not have a waitlist? I’m personally saying no to the August 2022 interview

Last edited:
  • Wow
Sorry, I meant on the secondary app.
I don’t think there is a place to indicate this on the secondary. I’m also a first-time applicant.
This is all just very weird. Their start classes soon. Why are they interviewing us for their current class? Do they not have a waitlist? I’m personally saying no.
I will also most likely say no.

they sent people the II for 2022-2023 (this cycle) for matriculation for August 2022 (THATS NEXT WEEK!!!!)