TouroCOM Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Isn't tomorrow the big day for waitlist ranking?

Members don't see this ad.

Should be tomorrow! Hope we all get good news :)

Also, please, if you are no longer interested tell Obed NOW!

Good luck guys :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sorry. What is 106? Is that the remaining number of high waitlisters?

Yes that was the number remaining last night... Who knows maybe less this morning.

My thoughts are with everyone today as the deans and Obed decide our fate!

As Obed says, you will all be Doctors :)

That's alot of people which constitutes almost an another entire class. I wonder if it was like this last year.

That's alot of people which constitutes almost an another entire class. I wonder if it was like this last year.

reading between the lines, it looks like there might have been 90 after all the people dropped out? So as of last night, we are starting with 16 (ish) more than last year. Is it superb? no probably not. Do I have the strength to dwell on that at this point? Certainly not. :luck:

Anyone hear anything today? I have a funny feeling we will not hear anything today. I am sensing I will be 106

Anyone hear anything today? I have a funny feeling we will not hear anything today. I am sensing I will be 106

Hahaha we can't BOTH be 106 :laugh:

For what its worth the latest he has sent something out is like 7-730 Eastern

with a 25 mcat I will be in the 100 range. wonder whatzz taking so long? this is torture!

there is only 24 people on facebook and 100 on the waitlist. why wont the rest join?

just curious, what is everyone's age those of you on the wait list.. i feel as though i am the youngest one haha still awaiting Obed's email anxiously

Members don't see this ad :)
just curious, what is everyone's age those of you on the wait list.. i feel as though i am the youngest one haha still awaiting Obed's email anxiously

Looks like we will hear tomorrow!

Get some rest, we have a VERY big day tomorrow :eek::eek::eek:

What happened to today? Did anyone hear anything?

they might send out acceptace letters to fill the spot first, then issue the ranking number I guess??

obed sent email, i have provisional acceptance of me finishing my summer course and i didnt receive ranking, jes the email saying that..good luck everyonee !! :)

Been checking my email every 10 mins. I am not sure if we will even here from him tomorrow, since its a long weekend. Blah.

it would have been nice to get an update email on when the waitlist ranks will be emailed to us. i just want to know my rank so i can move on with my life.

i still believe he will send us any type of update eamil before end of today...

i still believe he will send us any type of update eamil before end of today...

i doubt it. there's no update on facebook either. i cant even join the "support the waitlisters" page. I'm having trouble viewing that page.
we will probably hear something first week june. tomorrow all offices close early due to memorial day weekend.

so it seems like he sent out 17 acceptance letter today
it was 106 before now its 89...

it's good to have a number but i'm not sure if it is a good thing or not

just more waiting ehh....

Just got my ranking, about what I expected. Oh well, good to finally get moved past that part.

Anyone know when Touro starts ? I know its like end of july, guess we will see most of the movement around that time.

At least Obed gives us email updates, none of my other WL schools are kind enough to do that.

orientation starts 19th july
i forget where I get that date but I'm pretty sure thats official day

Got my ranking so is everyone happy with their rank? By how many people do you think the waitlist will move by? Do you think at least 50 people or less?

for every 1 spot that opens up, how many people will receive an acceptance for that spot. some schools give two acceptances for one spot, is this the way touro works?

so it seems like he sent out 17 acceptance letter today
it was 106 before now its 89...

it's good to have a number but i'm not sure if it is a good thing or not

just more waiting ehh....

So does anyone have a guess how many more people might get off the waitlist? And given that 17 acceptances were just sent out does that mean as of today there were 17 seats left in the class?

Got my ranking so is everyone happy with their rank? By how many people do you think the waitlist will move by? Do you think at least 50 people or less?

for every 1 spot that opens up, how many people will receive an acceptance for that spot. some schools give two acceptances for one spot, is this the way touro works?

can you ever go down in the ranking ? like say if you are 50, can you ever become 55 after a couple of weeks?

Do you guys think there will be movement of at least 50 more people?

Any ideas what happens to those on the high waitlist that do not make it in this year? Are they offered a position for the next year? Maybe Obed should be asked to look at this thread and try to answer some of these lingering questions.

can you ever go down in the ranking ? like say if you are 50, can you ever become 55 after a couple of weeks?

Do you guys think there will be movement of at least 50 more people?

This is a pure conjecture but it doesn't make sense if someone will go down a waitlist where all participants have already been accounted for unless someone sends an extremely remarkable LOR from a MD/DO very recently.

As for acceptances, these are the numbers I've received on my email:

142 on High-waitlist to begin with.

106 on High-waitlist as of May 25th.

89 on High-waitlist as of Today.

So that probably means that 17 acceptances were given out today unless someone dropped from class/waitlist between 25th and today.

Last year 50+ acceptances were given. So it would make sense that about 30 more acceptances would be given out.

However this might be totally wrong because this year isn't last year; I'm just posting numbers so people can interpret for themselves.

Any ideas what happens to those on the high waitlist that do not make it in this year? Are they offered a position for the next year? Maybe Obed should be asked to look at this thread and try to answer some of these lingering questions.

No guaranteed spot next year if you are on the high waitlist that I know for sure. You can ask him directly by posting on fb group though.

This is a pure conjecture but it doesn't make sense if someone will go down a waitlist where all participants have already been accounted for unless someone sends an extremely remarkable LOR from a MD/DO very recently.

As for acceptances, these are the numbers I've received on my email:

142 on High-waitlist to begin with.

106 on High-waitlist as of May 25th.

89 on High-waitlist as of Today.

So that probably means that 17 acceptances were given out today unless someone dropped from class/waitlist between 25th and today.

Last year 50+ acceptances were given. So it would make sense that about 30 more acceptances would be given out.

However this might be totally wrong because this year isn't last year; I'm just posting numbers so people can interpret for themselves.

hmmmm, so you're saying that if your rank is more than 30+ you will not have a chance to get accepted? it makes sense based on last year but maybe of those 17 acceptances some people will not accept it.

The big question is for every spot that is open, how many acceptances will be giving out. So if one person drops the program, will 2 acceptances be giving out for that 1 spot or is it 1 for 1?

have a nice long weekend everybody
point is distracting ourselves with other activities,
dice is tossed, there is nothing we can do at this point.

why they give out 2 acceptance for 1 open spot? I heard they cannot accept more than certain number(135+plus drop out number) because touro is new didnt pass the probation period yet,,, I mean Whats the purpose of issue 2 letter for one open spot?

someone told me that but i could be wrong. so i guess about 30+ more acceptances will be handed out. i'm around 50 so i will be left in the dust. bummer

Also, there might not have been 17 offers; I mean, some people might have dropped out prior to getting a number or acceptance yesterday. There aren't a lot of people here who said that they had been accepted off the waitlist.

Obed also said that he offered over 50 acceptance last year to matriculate 27 from the waitlist. If you think about it that way, it is about a 2:1 ratio in acceptance: matriculation. There will be people dropping out as more schools start movement on their waitlist. I know we've all been waiting FOREVER and we all just want to get it over with. But let's just stay positive, and in Obed's words, "try to relax."

Hey fellow waitlisters! So I guess we're all in the same (potentially sinking) boat! How about taking your mind off the stress....I'm trying to get the word out. I have helped organize a blood drive (with the New York Blood Center) in the NYC area this weekend (in honor of Fleet Week). If you live here, please help save a life and donate! The locations are:

Friday, May 28, 2010 (This one is ON the actual boat!!)
Starting 6:30 AM
Pier 88- at 48th Street on the Hangar Deck
NYC

Saturday, May 29, 2010
Starting 10:30AM
US DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
455 Front Street (off Bay street)
Staten Island

Sunday, May 30, 2010
Starting 10:30AM
US DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
455 Front Street (off Bay street)
Staten Island

Thanks for your help!

where does everyone stand in ranking? i'm around 50. Dont say your exact rank but give us an idea.