Tufts MA in animals and public policy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

su_grad2007

Texas A&M 2015
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone out there new anything more about this program or had any personal experience with it.

Members don't see this ad.

I was an undergrad at Tufts, and while I haven't extensively researched this particular program, I do know a bit about its logistics from talking to students at the vet school.

The problem that most students I talked to had with it, was simply a matter of travel and time. The Fletcher School where you obtain the masters in public policy is located on the Medford Campus, right outside of Boston, while the Grafton campus where the vet school is located, is about 45 minutes outside the city.

Because these are two entirely separate grad schools, their schedules are not always snyched and I've heard that it can mean you miss classes on either campus to attend other ones. A lot of the students I talked to, said that in retrospect they might have pursued one of the degrees, and then the other.

I think it is one of Tufts unique programs though, and certainly something to research further if you're interested. Fletcher is considered to be the top school for International Relations in the country. If you're on an interview at the school, I would definitely ask students what their experience has been like. Hope this helps a little.