U Minnesota c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Great city too! Went to this awesome pizza place called Punch Pizza...I recommend it for anyone who visits next weekend. They were also talking about a burger called a "juicy lucy" which I didn't get to try. I'm a bit of a foodie, so I judge cities mainly on food selection hahah

Hahaha restaurant selection is one of my criteria for judging a new place, too! I'm from the Twin Cities, but I'm always on the look out for the best Juicy Lucy.

I'm going to have all my fingers and toes crossed between now and next week. Do they send a letter or email to notify? Do they send out acceptance and waitlist notifications at the same time? I heard that they usually wait a while to send out rejections.

Members don't see this ad.

It went well really well and my dad loved the school. I think it's his first choice for me haha! But we still have OSU to visit next week and I haven't heard a peep from a couple others. Great city too! Went to this awesome pizza place called Punch Pizza...I recommend it for anyone who visits next weekend. They were also talking about a burger called a "juicy lucy" which I didn't get to try. I'm a bit of a foodie, so I judge cities mainly on food selection hahah

Glad you liked UMN/Minneapolis! Good luck on your other interviews too!

I have to say that everything about the UMN interview was very relaxed. The info session before interviews, the entire process, all very very chill :cool:
I was interviewed by 2 faculty members, one woman and one man. We started chatting on the way to the interview room so I guess I could say I had a little "extra" time. The actual interview was actually really fun! I enjoyed sharing my stories and experiences with my interviewers. It was like talking to a co-worker or an acquaintance when you are just starting to get to know them better. I did down an entire bottle of water during though because I talked so much.
I think the most difficult part of the interview for me was that I wanted to answer the questions in so much detail, that I took a little too long for each question. At the end, we even went slightly over the allotted hour.

Overall, great experience.

At the info session they mentioned it would be a week or two after the last interview session (which is at the end of this week). So possibly next week or the week after.

Last year I believe people were hearing back around Feb 16.

I would bet - but I have zero inside information, this is just going off the last two years - that you will hear back on the 12th, or maybe 13th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey so I'm interviewing on Friday and my only question is are we expected to show up a certain amount of time before hand? I know the other interviews I've been to have said like half an hour. But since all the tours and info sessions are on Saturday would I just be stuck waiting around if I got there early?
Thanks!

Hey so I'm interviewing on Friday and my only question is are we expected to show up a certain amount of time before hand? I know the other interviews I've been to have said like half an hour. But since all the tours and info sessions are on Saturday would I just be stuck waiting around if I got there early?
Thanks!

Mostly I would just make sure you leave plenty of time to get there (and park, depending on your method of transportation) especially if there's a snow forecast etc. If nothing else is scheduled for Friday, then you'd probably just sit around and wait until your interview slot. There is a nice cafeteria-type spot where you can wait - complete with a small coffee shop.

You could also check out the Raptor Center if you're interested in that at all - it was very cool. Check the hours but I think they do a tour every 30 minutes so that would be a good way to pass the time - it's pretty much right across the street from the interview building.

Last edited:
Mostly I would just make sure you leave plenty of time to get there (and park, depending on your method of transportation) especially if there's a snow forecast etc. If nothing else is scheduled for Friday, then you'd probably just sit around and wait until your interview slot. There is a nice cafeteria-type spot where you can wait - complete with a small coffee shop.

You could also check out the Raptor Center if you're interested in that at all - it was very cool. Check the hours but I think they do a tour every 30 minutes so that would be a good way to pass the time - it's pretty much right across the street from the interview building.

:thumbup:

NJhopeful26, kcoughli is spot on on everything. It's not a difficult campus to find your way around, but I wouldn't cut it too short. If it were me I'd still show up 30 minutes ahead of time just to get my bearings, dump my coat, review my life history in my head, etc. But it's a fairly small building you're going to, so as long as you can find the building itself there's no issues with spending time hunting around for where to go. It will be obvious when you walk in the door.

Anyone else heading to MN for interview Feb 8th

good luck on everyone's interview!
It was a lot more fun than I thought!

I would bet - but I have zero inside information, this is just going off the last two years - that you will hear back on the 12th, or maybe 13th.

So today's the 12th.. :scared:

I interviewed on the last day, and i'm pretty sure they said the very end of this week or next week. could be wrong....but i don't think it'll be today. could be wrong though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya, I remember them saying when I was there on Saturday that we should get an email by late next week. But I don't know exactly where they are starting and stopping their weeks, to me that means this Friday.

I have nothing new to add... but GOOD LUCK to everyone!!! Assuming we will be hearing back sometime in the near future. All the current students and applicants I met the weekend I interviewed were just so friendly and supportive. So my fingers are crossed for you all! :D

Any day now....ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

I talked to admissions today... They said they plan on sending out acceptances on Friday.. Idk if that includes rejections and wait list notifications too but definitely some acceptances!!

See everyone that gets accepted and decides to attend the UofM in August!! Can't wait!!

I talked to admissions today... They said they plan on sending out acceptances on Friday.. Idk if that includes rejections and wait list notifications too but definitely some acceptances!!

Unlike some schools, Minnesota seems to be pretty good about informing everybody of everything at the same time, regardless of whether it's good or bad news. So hopefully that means everything will get sent out tomorrow and they won't leave anybody with that awful uncertain feeling of, well since I didn't get an email i must be rejected...

Unlike some schools, Minnesota seems to be pretty good about informing everybody of everything at the same time, regardless of whether it's good or bad news. So hopefully that means everything will get sent out tomorrow and they won't leave anybody with that awful uncertain feeling of, well since I didn't get an email i must be rejected...

I totally agree! Hopefully, we will find out tomorrow! Best of luck, everyone! :thumbup: :D

Agreed!! Eeeeek, Good Luck!!!!

I just got an acceptance call! Totally was expecting just an email. I'm going to vet school!!!!
:soexcited::woot::biglove::zip:

Just got a phone call from Karen Nelson. I got in!!!!!!!! :love::laugh::p:thumbup:

Me too!!! Was not expecting a call!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Anyone on the west coast get a call yet? I'm hoping they're waiting until its not so early over here!!!

I've been creeping on this forum for a while and finally decided to join! Got my acceptance call this morning!! Feels so great that my dreams are finally coming true! :p:oops::love:

Perhaps they are going alphabetically? It looks like I got one of the early calls, and I'm a B.

Perhaps they are going alphabetically? It looks like I got one of the early calls, and I'm a B.

Hmmm no I'm an S... maybe in the order we interviewed? I interviewed on the first weekend... or maybe it's completely random!

Anyone else not going to be sure that it's real until they get the email? I'm paranoid now that they actually meant to call someone else with the same first name as me or something haha I'm sure they're extra careful to avoid those sorts of mistakes though...

So excited to get a call this morning!!! I'm going to vet school!!!!!!!!!!

Just got a call! Was not expecting a phone notification at all. I'm in the Midwest (CST) and second half of the alphabet. Good luck to anyone waiting!! Oh -- she did say to expect an e-mail around 11:30 a.m. (assuming CST?) so perhaps they're hoping to have calls wrapped up by then?

I got a call too! Around 10:30, so excited!! This was my first acceptance and one of my top choices!!!

Hmmm no I'm an S... maybe in the order we interviewed? I interviewed on the first weekend... or maybe it's completely random!

Anyone else not going to be sure that it's real until they get the email? I'm paranoid now that they actually meant to call someone else with the same first name as me or something haha I'm sure they're extra careful to avoid those sorts of mistakes though...

can't be that, i interviewed on the absolute last day. and i know the feeling, thinking its not real and that you may have hallucinated the call!

Does anyone have an idea on what kind of order they are calling everyone?

Just got a call! Was not expecting a phone notification at all. I'm in the Midwest (CST) and second half of the alphabet. Good luck to anyone waiting!! Oh -- she did say to expect an e-mail around 11:30 a.m. (assuming CST?) so perhaps they're hoping to have calls wrapped up by then?

Just one more hour to spend freaking out waiting for my phone to ring, I guess. :/

Anyone know if wait list and rejected applicants can expect an email then, too?

Just one more hour to spend freaking out waiting for my phone to ring, I guess. :/

Anyone know if wait list and rejected applicants can expect an email then, too?

I feel you there - I'm angrily staring at my phone willing it to ring!

I feel you there - I'm angrily staring at my phone willing it to ring!

I felt like that all day yesterday waiting for Ohio State to notify me (still waiting to hear from them, but I no longer care as much...) It drove me to bake very chocolatey cookies and start knitting some potholders (Which is odd as I haven't knitted in years!) I actually thought it was them calling this morning but then I saw that it was a MN area code, which was fine by me because Minnesota is my favorite!

I just got in, too! I got a call at 9:53 AM from Amy. I live in Wisconsin. Congratulations to all of you as well! :)

I felt like that all day yesterday waiting for Ohio State to notify me (still waiting to hear from them

I got an acceptance call!!!!!!!! Here are the details:
Im OOS
Call at 10:30 EST
Follow up email at 1230 EST
Initials are RG
Interviewed on the 2nd day, Feb 2
And by NO means did I think I was qualified...GPA (for all values) between 3.4 and 3.5 and I bombed the writing assesment on the GRE :)

Dovelover- Im still waiting on Ohio as well...!! But this def does make the day go by smoother!! Im torn between the two schools!

I just got an acceptance call! Totally was expecting just an email. I'm going to vet school!!!!
:soexcited::woot::biglove::zip:
Yayyy!!!! Me to!!!! Are you waiting to hear from other schools? or will you be going to the U?