UAZ 2024-2025 (c/o 2028 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3 days feels so surreal, I got a crazy opportunity to free lease a horse and its been keeping me busy but omgg
Horses really are the best way to keep busy I've been doing stall maintenance all weekend and today I finished up with a full bath and braiding. Tomorrow I'm cleaning and feeding 50+ geckos and doing some record keeping 😆 Tuesday I have no clue what will work to keep my mind off Wednesday (maybe restart a zelda game....dang just answered myself while typing this lol)...edit: my mom just reminded me I have a vet appointment for my dogs to get their rabies vaccines 🤣
 
I'm sooooo nervous guys I can't wait to check this thread on Wednesday to see all the updates 🙂 It's been a long few months and I am so excited at the possibility of having you all as my classmates. I'm going to be working at my clinic on Wednesday and my coworkers are aware of this fact, which makes me so much more nervous for all the outcomes that could happen eek!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard more on the accreditation statue and how that will affect us if we get accepted ?? UofA is my top choice but my mentor said that he heard the college might be in trouble because of the low pass rates that haven’t met the accreditation stays benchmark ?
And good luck to everyone seems like it has taken forever !!
 
Has anyone heard more on the accreditation statue and how that will affect us if we get accepted ?? UofA is my top choice but my mentor said that he heard the college might be in trouble because of the low pass rates that haven’t met the accreditation stays benchmark ?
And good luck to everyone seems like it has taken forever !!
If you scroll back a page or so, a current student answered these questions 🙂
 
IMG_1892.jpeg
Cute pics of my pets while we wait in anticipation
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1479.jpeg
    IMG_1479.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0307.jpeg
    IMG_0307.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7904.jpeg
    IMG_7904.jpeg
    245.1 KB · Views: 171
Is anyone else super emotional about tomorrow? Honestly a yes or a no is terrifying. I personally am so afraid to live on the other side of the country away from everyone I love but on the other hand not getting in would kill me as I and all of us have worked our entire lives for this moment. It’s just so scary to the point I’ve been tearing up like every hour lol. Idk it sucks being on the edge of our seats all these months. But cheers to tomorrow and no matter what happens you ALL are worthy and will do amazing things no matter what the outcome is.
 
Is anyone else super emotional about tomorrow? Honestly a yes or a no is terrifying. I personally am so afraid to live on the other side of the country away from everyone I love but on the other hand not getting in would kill me as I and all of us have worked our entire lives for this moment. It’s just so scary to the point I’ve been tearing up like every hour lol. Idk it sucks being on the edge of our seats all these months. But cheers to tomorrow and no matter what happens you ALL are worthy and will do amazing things no matter what the outcome is.
Im pooping my pants
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else super emotional about tomorrow? Honestly a yes or a no is terrifying. I personally am so afraid to live on the other side of the country away from everyone I love but on the other hand not getting in would kill me as I and all of us have worked our entire lives for this moment. It’s just so scary to the point I’ve been tearing up like every hour lol. Idk it sucks being on the edge of our seats all these months. But cheers to tomorrow and no matter what happens you ALL are worthy and will do amazing things no matter what the outcome is.
Thought I was doing well emotionally, masked my stress right into a kidney stone😂 Good luck tomorrow everyone!
 
Good luck tomorrow you guys 💙❤️🖤 Just remember no matter what happens tomorrow, you all worked insanely hard to get to this point and you should all be incredibly proud of yourselves!!! I am rooting for all of you to become doctors and I hope I get to meet you next year on campus as First year students if that is where the path leads!! 😊
 
Good luck tomorrow you guys 💙❤️🖤 Just remember no matter what happens tomorrow, you all worked insanely hard to get to this point and you should all be incredibly proud of yourselves!!! I am rooting for all of you to become doctors and I hope I get to meet you next year on campus as First year students if that is where the path leads!! 😊
Sooo from experience when did they call you? And do yk people that got rejected and what time were those emails sent out🧍🏻‍♀️
 
Sooo from experience when did they call you? And do yk people that got rejected and what time were those emails sent out🧍🏻‍♀️
I was actually waitlisted before I was accepted (about a week after the April 15th deadline of seat acceptance last year) So it was a little different, but I was called around 10am in the morning and it was from a 520 area code. It was someone from the admissions office calling and since I had bugged them constantly, they knew exactly who I was and how excited I would be. So it was a really great call because it was very personalized towards things I had talked to them about in emails.
I was also waitlisted my first cycle and ultimately rejected when I wasn't accepted. So I have also ridden that wave as well. And I can say that it is rough, but definitely happens for a reason and everything tends to work out how it should. I am now happily 6 months into my first year of vet school and so happy that I had an extra year to gain some extra experiences and spend some much needed time with family and friends.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad