UC Davis c/o 2018!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had my portal update about six hours ago saying my supplemental stuff had finally been submitted through. 🙂 Though now when I'm looking at it, it's saying the system will automatically submit on November 8th instead of today like it said earlier? Wondering if they may have extended it for people whose VMCAS apps weren't verified till really late?? I had emailed in two weeks ago when I was concerned about not having mine verified in time, and they said they would make sure I would have enough time if I didn't get access to the portal early enough. Either way, it's nice to be done with that!
 
Yea... It went from Nov. 1st initially to Nov. 4th.... and now Nov. 8th. I hope this doesn't mean that notifications for interviews will also be delayed.. The wait is killing me!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed! But mine definitely said submitted through and that it's complete, I'm guessing they'll probably be starting reviewing the ones in, and will hopefully not delay the interview invites!
 
Anyone else having anxiety about the Davis application portal not really indicating that it is closed? I keep checking it because I'm hoping for something to be different... maybe just something indicating that applications are being processed or whatnot? baahhhh... I swear that this process is taking years off of my life due to stress hahaa...
 
Anyone else having anxiety about the Davis application portal not really indicating that it is closed? I keep checking it because I'm hoping for something to be different... maybe just something indicating that applications are being processed or whatnot? baahhhh... I swear that this process is taking years off of my life due to stress hahaa...

Does it have a status update saying 'Application Complete'? Mine said that after it submitted through on the 4th, and I got an email saying my status had updated. If you're concerned, I'd say email in and ask, just in case.
 
Does it have a status update saying 'Application Complete'? Mine said that after it submitted through on the 4th, and I got an email saying my status had updated. If you're concerned, I'd say email in and ask, just in case.

I actually did get the whole "application complete" message in mid-October.. I guess I'm just being impatience for news now that the supplemental app is official due.
 
Agreed - my portal has said application complete since mid-october and I'm ready for a change! The home page looks exactly the same. I kind of expected it to say something different once the supplemental was closed... I guess we are just too antsy!
 
With any luck, it should be soon! Last year they sent out the first set of interview invites (and rejections, booo) on November 16th... Ahhh so maybe we'll hear something by the beginning of next week?!?
 
With any luck, it should be soon! Last year they sent out the first set of interview invites (and rejections, booo) on November 16th... Ahhh so maybe we'll hear something by the beginning of next week?!?
did anyone else notice that the application portal has said that it will automatically close and submit on nov 15th now? it used to say the 4th, then the 8th, now the 15th....:facepalm:soooo. I wonder it we are gonna have to find out later than mid nov like they found out last year. I know we will know FOR SURE by Nov 30th though, so at least we only have 3 weeks to go!
 
did anyone else notice that the application portal has said that it will automatically close and submit on nov 15th now? it used to say the 4th, then the 8th, now the 15th....:facepalm:soooo. I wonder it we are gonna have to find out later than mid nov like they found out last year. I know we will know FOR SURE by Nov 30th though, so at least we only have 3 weeks to go!

The wait is so hard... I hope they aren't extending the deadline again!
 
did anyone else notice that the application portal has said that it will automatically close and submit on nov 15th now? it used to say the 4th, then the 8th, now the 15th....:facepalm:soooo. I wonder it we are gonna have to find out later than mid nov like they found out last year. I know we will know FOR SURE by Nov 30th though, so at least we only have 3 weeks to go!

So bummed on this..
 
did anyone else notice that the application portal has said that it will automatically close and submit on nov 15th now? it used to say the 4th, then the 8th, now the 15th....:facepalm:soooo. I wonder it we are gonna have to find out later than mid nov like they found out last year. I know we will know FOR SURE by Nov 30th though, so at least we only have 3 weeks to go!

Boooo, that sucks! Well hopefully it's only for the last few stragglers that may have gotten verified REALLY late. Guessing they have the bulk of their applications submitted and have started going through most of them.. With the interviews so early, I really hope we get notifications within the next two weeks. 🙁 Tbh, I'm not too hopeful about getting an invite, but if I miraculously do get one, I'm currently living in London so I definitely need at least a few weeks heads up to book flights, bleh.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think maybe the 18th will be the day.... anyone else feel it? The deadline was today, so they should start notifying on Monday.....it's past mid November right? .... im so anxious to hear!
 
No matter what day the notifications get send out, just keep in mind (for those who do get invites) that the interview days will be on Dec. 19, 20, 23, 24, and 25. There are morning and afternoon slots for each day and they tend to fill up fast, so try to get an idea now (rather than the day-of) of what day works best with your schedule to do your interview.
 
No matter what day the notifications get send out, just keep in mind (for those who do get invites) that the interview days will be on Dec. 19, 20, 23, 24, and 25. There are morning and afternoon slots for each day and they tend to fill up fast, so try to get an idea now (rather than the day-of) of what day works best with your schedule to do your interview.

Interviews on Christmas Day? Awesome! Bustin' out the Santa Suit!
 
Last year interview invites went out on a Friday. I think this Friday you guys should start getting excited 🙂
 
Just got an interview offer.

EDIT Nvmd, rescheduled it for Thursday.

Hope you guys get some good news! Fingers crossed.
 
Last edited:
Also just got my interview offer. Unfortunately, I'm the international student who wrote in another thread about possibly not being able to fly in from my home country in mid-December, but I'm going to have a conversation with my parents and with Davis Admissions and decline the interview as quickly as possible if it looks like it won't work. Would definitely not want to sit on this spot for longer than I have to if it's impossible to interview anyway.

I got an email saying I had a new message in my supplement portal. I logged in and there was a message in the portal with the subject "Interview Offer."

This is such amazing news for me but it's bittersweet because of my situation as I mentioned. I will let you guys know immediately if I will be opening up a spot for one of you instead.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else having trouble checking the portal? I bet it's crashing because too many people are trying to check lolllll
 
Is anyone else having trouble checking the portal? I bet it's crashing because too many people are trying to check lolllll
i cant get on either but i have a message! im going crazy. does anyone know if they also sent out rejections, or if its just interview offers?
 
I can't get on either (but no message notification).. I was just curious. Last year I think they sent out both invites and rejections on the same day, but keep your fingers crossed and think positive, it's probably an invite!
 
I didnt get an email either. But they dont send out all interview invites on the same day right? They must send out by interview day for scheduling reasons.
 
I can't get on either (but no message notification).. I was just curious. Last year I think they sent out both invites and rejections on the same day, but keep your fingers crossed and think positive, it's probably an invite!

Wait a minute, sorry, I think I'm mixing up schools in my head. I just relooked at the interview and rejection thread from last year, interview invites were all sent out on Nov 16th (at least all the ones reported on SDN), and rejections were on the 29th/30th. So yeah, you probably got an invite! 🙂
 
i cant get on either but i have a message! im going crazy. does anyone know if they also sent out rejections, or if its just interview offers?
Me too! I keep getting an error. I guess it's 'cause there are so many people trying to access the portal? or somefing.
 
for all of you that got an interview invite congrats!

did you all get an email first, or did you just chack your portal because everyone on sdn was posting about invites?

Just got an interview offer.

EDIT Nvmd, rescheduled it for Thursday.


also what do you mean?
 
I received an email first that said I had a message in the Davis portal. 🙂
 
Last edited:
for all of you that got an interview invite congrats!

did you all get an email first, or did you just chack your portal because everyone on sdn was posting about invites?




also what do you mean?

I said "Nvmd" because I initially scheduled my interview for Friday, then re-scheduled it for Thursday.

I got an email first.
 
for all of you that got an interview invite congrats!

did you all get an email first, or did you just chack your portal because everyone on sdn was posting about invites?




also what do you mean?
I got an email saying that I had a new message in my portal
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats guys!! I'm super happy for all of you!

I've volunteered to help out with the interviews on Thursday the 12th and Friday the 13th, so hopefully I'll get to meet you.
I'm also one of the liaisons between the class of 2017 and yours, so you will probably hear more from me after the interviews (I'll be setting up your class' facebook page and the like).

Try not to worry too much, you will do great!
 
Yay I got an invite too!!!!!!! :soexcited: I scheduled it for Monday 12/16. 9:40AM because I am not a morning person.
I'm so glad they gave us a nice range of dates to choose from.