UC Davis SVM Class of 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks honey :)
I tried to start a conversation with you and it said that I could not, so if you want me to respond you will need to start a conversation with me.

I tried to start a conversation with you and it said that I could not, so if you want me to respond you will need to start a conversation with me.
mmm I'm new to sdn let me figure out how to hold on please :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How the h*** is that even fair??? They don't even care about OOS's personal statement, veterinary and other experiences, VMCAS essay questions? ONLY GPA's and GRE scores? How the h*** is that even consider a "holistic" review?
Un effin believable
*The selection of interviewees is a two-step process:
Effective with the 2017-2018 application cycle interviewees will be selected as follows:

1.) The Admissions Committee will rank your application based on your GPA’s (most recent 45 semester units & overall VMCAS science GPA), highest quantitative GRE score, and three letters of recommendation.

• The top 180 applicants will be invited for interview based on their rank.
  • These top 180 interviewees will be comprised of the top 10% of the non-resident applicant pool (approximately 50 applicants) and the top 25% (approximately) of California/WICHE applicants.
2.) The next 180 applicants (California only) in rank order (based on the above factors) will be reviewed by the School’s Admissions Committee.

• The application review will include: personal statement, veterinary and other experiences, VMCAS essay questions, eLORs, and education.
  • The Admissions Committee will select the remaining 60 interviewees from the holistic application review.
  • 10-25 applicants will be placed on the interview waitlist
Did you apply to UC Davis?? Because if so, this is the second school thread you're complaining on because you didn't read their requirements or their webpage saying how they evaluate applicants until after applying there this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you apply to UC Davis?? Because if so, this is the second school thread you're complaining on because you didn't read their requirements or their webpage saying how they evaluate applicants until after applying there this cycle.
your point?

Last edited:
Yes, and your point?
Don't complain that schools have a different evaluating method than you think they should or they require certain classes that would be expensive for you to take after applying to the schools. That information is all available on their websites and can be looked up prior to applying to them. You didn't have to apply to UC Davis or NCSU, but you did and didn't look at how they evaluate you at Davis or that you need nutrition at NCSU before applying and then complained months after you said you submitted. All that information was available to you before applying, so why did you apply there if you didn't like their methods?

Reactions: 17 users
Don't complain that schools have a different evaluating method than you think they should or they require certain classes that would be expensive for you to take after applying to the schools. That information is all available on their websites and can be looked up prior to applying to them. You didn't have to apply to UC Davis or NCSU, but you did and didn't look at how they evaluate you at Davis or that you need nutrition at NCSU before applying and then complained months after you said you submitted. All that information was available to you before applying, so why did you apply there if you didn't like their methods?
Dude go back swimming I have 99 problems and your input on here ain’t one of them! So go away ain’t no one care about your comments

Beside it’s called freedom of speech first amendment I can say whatever I want whenever I want

Dude go back swimming I have 99 problems and your input on here ain’t one of them! So go away ain’t no one care about your comments
Beside it’s called freedom of speech first amendment I can say whatever I want whenever I want
As can I. And other people are thinking the same thing TBH, just no one wants to say anything, hence the likes on my comment. :)
Have a fabulous day, topgunner!

Reactions: 3 users
As can I. And other people are thinking the same thing TBH, just no one wants to say anything, hence the likes on my comment. :)
Have a fabulous day, topgunner!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
I’m glad you got a sense of gratification with 4 likes chicken head.
200w.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Correct. But it is a two-way street. Both you and SkiOtter, as well as everyone else, can post wherever they see fit if they feel like they have something to say or want to add to the discussion.

ETA: ...that said, you may want to keep an eye on the language and general tone of your posts. Especially because you're currently in the application process---it could come back to bite you. I know for a fact that a lot of vet school adcomms do monitor/watch these boards and you're not nearly as anonymous as you may think.

Yup. Or old timers who may or may not be alumni of or currently at an institution you may be applying to, and may or may not be good friends with a good chunk of the faculty, and who may or may not be able to figure out who you are based on where you have applied and your stated interests.

Ahem. Just saying.

Reactions: 3 users
@SkiOtter so if you’re a chicken [head] and I’m Egg, does that mean we finally get to settle the age-old dispute?

Edit: It was the Egg.

06DB5B47-62A7-4D6D-ABCD-7F126326C9F3.jpeg
149B8B03-310C-4FC5-9075-AB7ABB96CA0D.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, I was just wondering if I have a fighting chance to get an interview this year with my stats as OOS. I applied last year but didn't get an interview, so I'm hoping I raised my scores up enough.

Quantitative GRE: 160 (76%)
Cumulative GPA: 3.78
Last 45 GPA: 3.77
VMCAS overall science GPA: 3.73

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if I have a fighting chance to get an interview this year with my stats as OOS. I applied last year but didn't get an interview, so I'm hoping I raised my scores up enough.

Their website says average OOS admit had a gpa of 3.8+ and gre of 75%+. Looks like you are in the ballpark, but it will depend on the strength of your peer group since they only interview the top 10% of OOS. You'll either get an interview or just miss the cut off

Good luck!

I'd say you definitely have a shot, unfortunately it's all dependent on the caliber other people applying. They will take a certain number of OOS for interviews but luckily if you do get one it's a level from then on! They take the top interview scores regardless of IS or OOS. Good luck!

Anyone roughly know when UC Davis sends out their interview invitations? I am currently studying abroad in Africa with internet once every month and am worried that I might miss the interview emails. I'm trying to plan out my times accordingly. Thanks all!

There has been confusion regarding admission’s review of applications with the new holistic approach process. I attended a talk regarding this process with admissions in preparation for the pre-health fair held here at UC Davis and I am hoping to clear up some of that confusion. The out of state applicants will still be evaluated in the same way and the top 10% will be offered interviews. In state applicants will be divided into two categories. The top 180 applicants, ranked by the same standards as before, will be offered interviews automatically, while the next 180 ranked applicants will be given a wholesome review where the admissions committee will read over the entire application and give consideration to any outstanding circumstances and other things like veterinary hours, letters of recommendation, and personal statements. 60 of those applicants will be offered interviews. From there everything is a level playing field as admission will be offered solely on how you score on the MMI. I hope this clears up any confusion regarding the new changes the admissions team has made.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone gotten an interview yet? I know we should hear by Nov. 10th but I'm just curious to see when they start sending them out!

They send all the interview invites in one day, they don't do waves of invites. I think the portal said the 17th, but the email said the 10th. Could be the other way around but sometime on those dates :)

Reactions: 2 users
One of my friends called the office and they said that it will most likely be the November 17th date

Just got an interview invite!

Reactions: 2 users
I think the 8th. Sadly all during that time is when I have finals, but I guess there's no way around it.

Congrats interview buddys!:biglove: Are you guys freaking out about the MMI's as much as I am?

Congratulations to all of you selected for interviews! Don't stress too much about the MMIs, but do practice. There are lots of free MMI practice prompts online. Use a timer (you will have limited time to compose and deliver your response, and you really should practice to get used to the time pressure) and find a partner to listen and give you feedback if possible. If anyone has questions, let me know! I just can't talk about the prompts themselves. Those are top secret. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Do you know if we get any paper during the 3 minutes we have to prepare to make some quick bullet points?

Congratulations to all of you selected for interviews! Don't stress too much about the MMIs, but do practice. There are lots of free MMI practice prompts online. Use a timer (you will have limited time to compose and deliver your response, and you really should practice to get used to the time pressure) and find a partner to listen and give you feedback if possible. If anyone has questions, let me know! I just can't talk about the prompts themselves. Those are top secret. ;)
Any recommendations on sites that you thought were most helpful ?

Do you know if we get any paper during the 3 minutes we have to prepare to make some quick bullet points?

I'm trying to remember - I believe you do not. I would recommend practicing organizing your thoughts just in your head.

Any recommendations on sites that you thought were most helpful ?

None in particular. I just Googled MMI prompts and went through the ones I found. I did like the YouTube videos out there demonstrating how people respond to MMI prompts. Most of the resources you'll find are for med school applicants, which is fine.

You don't get paper in the 3 preparation minutes, but you do get paper inside most rooms.

None in particular. I just Googled MMI prompts and went through the ones I found. I did like the YouTube videos out there demonstrating how people respond to MMI prompts. Most of the resources you'll find are for med school applicants, which is fine.
Thank you so much