UC Davis SVM Class of 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck everyone on the upcoming MMIs! Remain calm and think about your answers carefully. And most importantly... don't stress and have fun!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Omg just received an interview! IS student! I can’t believe it! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Moving forward, Admission is based on MMI performance. Correct?

Moving forward, Admission is based on MMI performance. Correct?
Yes, and I believe at this point it doesn't matter if you're IS or OOS. Admission is based solely on your MMI score.

Hi, a friend of mine applied and does not know how to access their portal. They do not know if they got an interview invite or not bc they can’t access their portal. Can anyone send me the link of how to set up the portal? Thanks

On the portal there was a lot of info you had to fill out for your application before the deadline... if they didn't set it up beforehand I don't think their application was considered. Cause the portal had the supplemental.

Hi, a friend of mine applied and does not know how to access their portal. They do not know if they got an interview invite or not bc they can’t access their portal. Can anyone send me the link of how to set up the portal? Thanks

Unfortunately, your friend cannot select an interview date, as the deadline to do so was 11/15. I’m sorry....

Sorry for being MIA lately, I received an interview invitation but I declined due to money and family situation hope someone else got my spot.

Last edited:
How are you all prepping?

Anyone heard back for interviews? I'm super nervous about mine the second week of December! The interview process seems so scary considering we have to go to 10 mini interviews and aren't allowed to talk anyone or go to the bathroom during the whole ordeal! We even have to sign an NDA to not discuss the prompts. I know its a scare tactic but its working!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard back for interviews? I'm super nervous about mine the second week of December! The interview process seems so scary considering we have to go to 10 mini interviews and aren't allowed to talk anyone or go to the bathroom during the whole ordeal! We even have to sign an NDA to not discuss the prompts. I know its a scare tactic but its working!

It’s really not as scary as it seems, I promise! Before the interviews start you have time to socialize with the other interviewees and there’s an orientation with the admissions team to explain the process, so it’s not as if you’re forbidden from talking all day! They also have you try on a white coat and take a photo for your student ID in case you’re admitted. There’s also a time to talk with students and take tours afterward. During the interview period itself you’re on your own little circuit so there isn’t really an opportunity to talk to others even if you wanted to. It’s actually over fairly quickly (I don’t think more than 90 minutes) since each mini interview is quite short. The interviewers can’t chat with you outside of the assigned interview questions but the majority of mine were welcoming and clearly wanted me to succeed. I promise no one is trying to scare you - they just need to keep things confidential to keep the playing field level for those who interview after you. It wouldn’t be fair if they knew the questions ahead of time. Try not to stress and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry for the late response! I've been in the middle of Botswana doing wildlife research for the last month. I haven't had internet since the end of October but nevertheless I also got an IS interview! My interview date is on the 12th. If anyone else is having their interview on that day we should definitely meet up! I've been practicing with some MMI prompts but most of the ones I can find are Med School related. Hope that will help me. I'm confused by what people mean by both IS and OOS are on the same playing field. I believe we are all on the same playing field in that our acceptance is based off of how we do on our MMI and not our grades/extracuricular. There is still a higher chance IS will get accepted. Looking at the statistics from previous years, IS have a 53-55% chance of getting in while OOS have a 16-24% chance. (this is based off of Coopah's 240 interview offers for IS and 180 for OOS. 129/240=53% and 44/180=24%) Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just a little confused.
Congrats to all who got an interview! Hopefully we will see each other soon!

I was skimming through some of these to get an idea of the factors to consider for ethical questions, not sure what else I'll do to prep though - any tips?
What would you do? case studies | The Animal Welfare Foundation

I strongly recommend the book "Multiple Mini Interview MMI: Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty". It goes through different types of scenarios you're likely to encounter and examples of how to go about responding. You can get the Kindle version for $10 on amazon.
Sorry for the late response! I've been in the middle of Botswana doing wildlife research for the last month. I haven't had internet since the end of October but nevertheless I also got an IS interview! My interview date is on the 12th. If anyone else is having their interview on that day we should definitely meet up! I've been practicing with some MMI prompts but most of the ones I can find are Med School related. Hope that will help me. I'm confused by what people mean by both IS and OOS are on the same playing field. I believe we are all on the same playing field in that our acceptance is based off of how we do on our MMI and not our grades/extracuricular. There is still a higher chance IS will get accepted. Looking at the statistics from previous years, IS have a 53-55% chance of getting in while OOS have a 16-24% chance. (this is based off of Coopah's 240 interview offers for IS and 180 for OOS. 129/240=53% and 44/180=24%) Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just a little confused.

I think I remember calculating last year that once you get an interview, there's a ~60% chance of being accepted. IS and OOS doesn't matter at this point.

I strongly recommend the book "Multiple Mini Interview MMI: Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty". It goes through different types of scenarios you're likely to encounter and examples of how to go about responding. You can get the Kindle version for $10 on amazon.

I think I remember calculating last year that once you get an interview, there's a ~60% chance of being accepted. IS and OOS doesn't matter at this point.
You are correct @cohen2000. The amount of people that are accepted will be 150 this year. The acceptance is entirely based on your MMI score and not IS/OOS. IS has a higher number of people interviewing but it does not affect your chances of getting in.

Are any of you going to the interviewee pizza social on Monday the 11th? Each pizza social has 10-15 current students volunteering to talk with the interviewees and answer questions and I'll be there Monday. Looking forward to meeting the future class of 2022! :)

Just wanted to say good luck, future c/o 2022 since first interviews are tomorrow I think!
Everyone on here was super helpful when I applied last year, so let me know if you have any questions :)

Reactions: 3 users
Pretty sure I bombed my MMI today. Some went well, most went eh. Unfortunately, I feel like I wont make that top 60%.

Pretty sure I bombed my MMI today. Some went well, most went eh. Unfortunately, I feel like I wont make that top 60%.
Hey don't worry about it. You probably did better than you think you did! I know most people left the MMI last year thinking they bombed. I would not assume the worst in any case. Best of luck! :)

Just wanted to thank any current Davis students that may have helped with tours or the social for the interviews! Everyone was incredibly nice and supportive during my interview last Friday, and I understand now why Davis is #1 in the world. So impressed and inspired:)

Reactions: 3 users
Don't worry, literally everyone in my class thought they bombed their interviews lol and a lot of us got in! Plus they drop your lowest one. :)

If you talk about difficulty of a station to another person who interviewed can they revoke your interview? I'm so paranoid about this confidentiality thing lol...

Don't worry, literally everyone in my class thought they bombed their interviews lol and a lot of us got in! Plus they drop your lowest one. :)

That's good to hear. We'll see what happens!

If you talk about difficulty of a station to another person who interviewed can they revoke your interview? I'm so paranoid about this confidentiality thing lol...
We can talk about the mechanics (such as 10 stations) and about how we felt about it (stress, stress, stress), just not the actual questions or scenarios because we don't want to give anyone an unfair advantage as well as making sure that everyone adheres to policies. I would just stay on the safe side and not mention it if you're concerned.

Congrats on everyone finishing the MMI! :) Now it's the waiting game.......

This is incorrect! The lowest MMI score is not dropped.
Wow, I think most of my class was under the impression the lowest score was dropped. I even heard some people say the highest score was dropped too to "balance it out." Good to know!

Does anybody know when we will hear about acceptance ?
I think last year was Jan 6th?
Wondering if this year maybe later due to all the delays
Good luck to everybody and Happy New Year

I don't remember how we figured out when the decisions were coming out, if you go through last year's thread, you could see their thought process. Good luck!

I don't remember how we figured out when the decisions were coming out, if you go through last year's thread, you could see their thought process. Good luck!
Good idea :) I’ll see what I can discern. I think you guys did your interviews a few days earlier than this year.

Last year they heard 5 weeks after interviewing and the past two years before that they heard 4 weeks after interviewing. Considering this year we interviewed a week earlier I'd be surprised if we didn't hear this week.
I posted this last year, and acceptance calls were made that week (Jan 6), which was 5 weeks after our interviews. If this year's timing is the same as the past two years you should hear back next Friday, since your interviews were a week later than ours.

Reactions: 1 users
I posted this last year, and acceptance calls were made that week (Jan 6), which was 5 weeks after our interviews. If this year's timing is the same as the past two years you should hear back next Friday, since your interviews were a week later than ours.
I think you are correct :). Looking back at prior practice, it appears that it will be next week

I remember last year we were expecting to hear more towards the end of Jan, but we heard Jan 6 :) Good luck everyone!

The anticipation is killing me!!! My heart drops anytime I get a phone call. Hope they let us know soon!

Reactions: 2 users
The anticipation is killing me!!! My heart drops anytime I get a phone call. Hope they let us know soon!
My guess is Friday ( based on prior years comments)
Although one year was a Thursday

Sending positive thoughts your way! No matter the outcome, know that you are all ROCK STARS :horns::bow:

Reactions: 2 users
Is it safe to assume we aren't being notified today? lol

Same here....The anticipation is killing me!

I keep getting a flood warning on my phone and it buzzes like my phone is ringing. I don't think I can handle another adrenaline rush for a while