UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I may be missing something but...What is CERE and how do I access the web site? Thanks!

https://cere.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/

It's the website that you'll mostly use at Davis. Every course you'll be in enrolled in has a section on it. Each section has subsections for the course syllabus (the approx. 3 page one that tells you grading, course meetings, prof information, etc.), class resources (this is where they'll post their powerpoint slides, etc.), announcements, and so on. It's the place that you'll go for almost everything.

There are other websites that we use sometimes like VIPER https://secure.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/, etc. But you'll use CERE every day.

Members don't see this ad.

It's the website that you'll mostly use at Davis. Every course you'll be in enrolled in has a section on it. Each section has subsections for the course syllabus (the approx. 3 page one that tells you grading, course meetings, prof information, etc.), class resources (this is where they'll post their powerpoint slides, etc.), announcements, and so on. It's the place that you'll go for almost everything.

There are other websites that we use sometimes like VIPER https://secure.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/, etc. But you'll use CERE every day.

Thank You!! I can log on to both of those sites, but I don't see my schedule yet-September is all blank:(

Thanks for the info, VAGirl! Hopefully Erin will be able to shed some light...

Members don't see this ad :)

I can't log into either of them. Blehh

Is anyone else having issues accessing their email account? When I try and view the new Davis account I just get server error and nothing comes through on the gecko mail

They have moved from geckomail to a Google-based mail service.... Although supposedly we have access to geckomail through either July or August 15th (can't remember which).

let me see if i can find the link to the new mail website for ya :D

So, right now, I *can* log into geckomail. And the email about the migration says that:

To access your DavisMail account, you must log out of Geckomail and login to DavisMail through MyUCDavis at http://my.ucdavis.edu/ .

Good luck:luck:

They have moved from geckomail to a Google-based mail service.... Although supposedly we have access to geckomail through either July or August 15th (can't remember which).

let me see if i can find the link to the new mail website for ya :D

So, right now, I *can* log into geckomail. And the email about the migration says that:

To access your DavisMail account, you must log out of Geckomail and login to DavisMail through MyUCDavis at http://my.ucdavis.edu/ .

Good luck:luck:

yeah I can still log in and view geckomail but no new emails will come through and when I check the google based one through myucd I just get the server error. Grr ucd holding my mail hostage

On An exciting note my computer came today. My extra stylus was backordered along with another extra I ordered. I got to see my roommates (he's c/o 2012) and it seems really awesome. I'm moved up to Davis already and have been keeping myself busy by running to campus every morning and am volunteering at the mercer clinic Saturday and fixing our ferals Sunday when is everyone else moving up?

GeeQued, did UPS make you sign for your computer? Mine is in transit and I am hoping to have it before I go home to visit on Tuesday so my computer savvy brother can help me transfer all my files to my new computer:) So I really don't want to leave the house only to return and see one of those blasted "you weren't hear so we will try again tomorrow" tags on my door:smuggrin:
Thanks!

GeeQued, did UPS make you sign for your computer? Mine is in transit and I am hoping to have it before I go home to visit on Tuesday so my computer savvy brother can help me transfer all my files to my new computer:) So I really don't want to leave the house only to return and see one of those blasted "you weren't hear so we will try again tomorrow" tags on my door:smuggrin:
Thanks!
I'm not sure exactly. Mine was sent fedex and I sent it to my work (it's cheaper to send it to a commercial address) so it's still there until I drive home to get it. The weird thing is unordered the extra battery but that didn't show up on any of my shipments so I guess I'll have to wait to open it to see and it wasn't on the backorered list

My tablet came by UPS & I did get one of those dang notes on my door because I wasn't there to sign. I ended up getting it from the local UPS shipping warehouse. I like it so far =) Far superior to the Mac Book IMHO! ;) But then again, I think the tablet functionality is awesome.

Anybody getting the screen protector, keyboard protector or skins or such? I thought about getting an extra battery, but the ac adapter is about comparable in size.

Thanks for all the info VAGirl!!

Pomona, I'm definitely getting my rabies pre-exposure series through SHIP after school starts as I don't have insurance now! I contacted admissions a while ago about it and they said that it shouldn't be a problem. Now if I can only manage to schedule a TB test & Tetanus shot...

I'm moving up Aug. 5th. (haven't even started packing yet! :rolleyes: ) Anyone else arriving super early? Maybe some of us early-birds can get together before school starts :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for all the info VAGirl!!

Pomona, I'm definitely getting my rabies pre-exposure series through SHIP after school starts as I don't have insurance now! I contacted admissions a while ago about it and they said that it shouldn't be a problem. Now if I can only manage to schedule a TB test & Tetanus shot...

I'm moving up Aug. 5th. (haven't even started packing yet! :rolleyes: ) Anyone else arriving super early? Maybe some of us early-birds can get together before school starts :D

I'm up here now but leaving thos week but I'll be back up with my pony august 11

Did anyone else notice that they upgraded the Mac laptop that we can get, but not the tablet?

Toshiba m750 Tablet PC

• Toshiba m750 Tablet PC
    • 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 160 GB Hard Drive
    • 12.1" WXGA Display (1280 x 800)
    • DVD SuperMulti (+/-R double layer) Optical Drive
    • Wireless Networking (A/G/N/Bluetooth)
    • 4 Year System Guard Warranty with Accidental Damage Protection
  • Software Bundle
    • Microsoft Vista Business
    • Office 2007 Enterprise (including OneNote 2007)
    • Sophos Antivirus
Apple MacBook Pro (Specifications modified 6/17/09)
  • Apple MacBook Pro
    • 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
    • 4 GB RAM
    • 250 GB Hard Drive
    • 13.3" Display (1280 x 800)
    • SuperDrive (DVD±RW DL/CD-RW)
    • Wireless Networking (A/G/N/Bluetooth)
    • 3 Year AppleCare
  • Software Bundle
    • Office 2008
    • Sophos Antivirus

I'm going to call about adding RAM to my tablet before they ship it, but I'll probably have to do it myself because they have the computers pre-built and ready to ship.

Last edited:
They'll add RAM for you. An extra 2 gig only costs $35 and they'll put it in for you. The part number for the 2 gig is 1054263 if you're interested.

I can't log into either of them. Blehh

Spoke to SVM help desk regarding when we should be able to log into CERE and VIPER--we'll be gaining access as they register us for Fall classes; we should have access tomorrow.

Spoke to SVM help desk regarding when we should be able to log into CERE and VIPER--we'll be gaining access as they register us for Fall classes; we should have access tomorrow.

Yep I tried it again and can access both but nothing else has been added to it. Now if the6y would just take care of our financial aid that would be fabulous

They'll add RAM for you. An extra 2 gig only costs $35 and they'll put it in for you. The part number for the 2 gig is 1054263 if you're interested.

Wow, thanks! It just seems silly to me to order new laptops running vista with only 2 gigs of RAM.

No problemo. I actually ordered a faster hard drive as well, but that they wont put in. For $35 it seems like there isn't much reason not to.

This shouldn't make a huge difference for you guys, but I think that schedule contains all first year classes, including electives. There aren't many electives open to first years, so there shouldn't be too many of those clouding up the schedule, but you do have some, so be aware that you may not be taking all of those classes. For example, I think VSR401 and VSR401 are the small and large animal radiology electives.

Looks like our first exam is 9/25 eeek

Sweet thanks! I'm getting so excited for September, they sent out an email about our big sibs earlier but didn't say who they were yet eventhough their list is already complete.

That's because it's on us to contact you guys. We were emailed your contact info a few days ago. If your big sib hasn't contacted you within a few weeks, I'd contact the liaisons to see about being put in touch with them.

Looks like our first exam is 9/25 eeek

Looks like that one is your behavior exam. Very easy, you'll all be fine. The big ones to worry about are 403, Physiological Chemistry. Those are doozies. But you guys will all be fine, you've got tons of summer still to enjoy so try not to worry! :)

(Can you tell I have work that I don't want to be doing? Heh. Ah SDN, beautiful distraction.)

That's because it's on us to contact you guys. We were emailed your contact info a few days ago. If your big sib hasn't contacted you within a few weeks, I'd contact the liaisons to see about being put in touch with them.

I actually sorta met mine already ( My roommate didn't tell me after that she was my big sib) at the Mercer clinic Saturday when I went with him. I'm just getting super excited and both my roommates have been super helpful answering my 101 questions I have.

Hey guys, I just realized I also have unmet requirements for financial aid. I have a question: Where did you send the verification form? To the graduate financial aid office? I don't see a financial aid office specifically for vet medicine.

Verification form? Since I'm not sure what that is, I imagine I didn't submit it. And how did you find out that you had an unmet requirement? I haven't heard a peep from anyone.

Hey guys, I just realized I also have unmet requirements for financial aid. I have a question: Where did you send the verification form? To the graduate financial aid office? I don't see a financial aid office specifically for vet medicine.

I sent mine to the graduate financial aid.

Critterologist: If you log into my awards and then to view your package, when you get the display saying your package isn't ready yet, theres a requirements tab towards the top left, click on that and it will pull up what you have left to fullfill.

Looking at the schedule and messing around with the tablet is getting me super excited for September! :D Though I wish the move-in date for my house was earlier than Sept 1st. :mad:

Thanks for the info GeeQued, I found it. Sigh, more forms to figure out.

Aww... so sad that I didn't know about this before I ordered my computer!!! I just received it today. Anyone know if there's any way to add RAM after the fact? :(

And a big :thumbup::thumbup: for the schedule being up! yay!

Yup - you can email one of the reps and ask them to ship it to you for you to install otherwise you have to ship it back to them for them to install.

I sent an email to one of the people from the laptop website about adding RAM, and she said that the RAM part number should be listed on the site so I could just add RAM to the shopping cart along with the laptop and they would install it.

I emailed her back saying that I don't see anything about RAM anywhere, but she hasn't responded yet.

Hey Critterologist, you said the part number for the 2 gig is 1054263, but I can't find that on the site anywhere. How did you find it?

Yup - you can email one of the reps and ask them to ship it to you for you to install otherwise you have to ship it back to them for them to install.

:biglove: Thanks Pomona!!!

by the way... i just noticed that they updated the course description/curriculum handbook on CREST for the fall 09 quarter.
Just posting for those of you, like me, who are huge dorks and want to get a head-start ordering textbooks online. :rolleyes: It lists required texts with editions!

https://secure.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/crest/manage/default.cfm

I sent an email to one of the people from the laptop website about adding RAM, and she said that the RAM part number should be listed on the site so I could just add RAM to the shopping cart along with the laptop and they would install it.

I emailed her back saying that I don't see anything about RAM anywhere, but she hasn't responded yet.

Hey Critterologist, you said the part number for the 2 gig is 1054263, but I can't find that on the site anywhere. How did you find it?

Hey I am having the same issue and definitely want the extra RAM. And kinda don't want to order my computer, then have to call and modify the order so as to add the RAM... If you figure this out can you let us know? Cheers!

I spent a bunch of time talking to Ryan (one of the two reps) about it and he gave me the part number. It's not listed, he had to look it up. I would give him a call to confirm, but he told me to go ahead and order without the RAM, then e-mail him with the part number of the RAM along with my order number and he would add it to my order by hand. Good luck guys!

On MyAwards it says they have received my verification worksheet and tax forms, but it still says that my "admissions application decision" is not satisfied. Is this what it says for everyone, or is it just me:confused: Help!!

Last edited:
On MyAwards it says they have received my verification worksheet and tax forms, but it still says that my "admissions application decision" in not satisfied. Is this what it says for everyone, or is it just me:confused: Help!!

I didn't have that on mine at all.

I want to order some new software with an academic discount but I need proof of enrollment. Has anyone found a way to get that in the MyUCDavis system?

Hey, has anyone figured out what their PAC is?

I was trying to log into the billing site, linked from My UCDavis, and it asked me for my Student ID and PAC. I assume the Student ID is just our ID number, but I tried my regular password as the PAC and it didn't let me in...

... on another page it says our PAC is what we use when registering for classes on SISWEB?....

...anyone, anyone??

thanks in advance :cool:!

Hey guys, does the white coat ceremony typically take place on Friday, the first week of orientation (so the 4th, for us)? My mom wants to fly out for it and would like to buy tickets in advance, but I haven't seen a definite affirmative for when it takes place.

Hey guys, does the white coat ceremony typically take place on Friday, the first week of orientation (so the 4th, for us)? My mom wants to fly out for it and would like to buy tickets in advance, but I haven't seen a definite affirmative for when it takes place.

That's how it was last year, I believe.

Hey I am having the same issue and definitely want the extra RAM. And kinda don't want to order my computer, then have to call and modify the order so as to add the RAM... If you figure this out can you let us know? Cheers!

So I just talked with Ryan from the CDW-G website about adding RAM, and ordered my tablet PC. Ryan said that our school didn't include the RAM part number in their desired options, so if you want to add RAM they have to add it on to your order separately.
Here's a quick guide for getting RAM added to your tablet PC:

- Order your PC, the 4 year warranty, and whatever accessories you want.
Note: I've spoken to a couple 2012ers about what they would recommend, and they said everyone should order an extra tablet pen. Otherwise, if you lose the one you have, you are screwed till you get another.

- Immediately email Ryan or Jennifer (personally, I think Ryan seems more on top of things) using the email link below each of their names at the bottom of the CDW-G website.
Be sure to include the subject ("Add RAM") and order number. Then type something like the following in the email:
Please add the 2GB of RAM to my computer.
Order Number: XXXXXXX

- The cost is $35, which is extremely cheap. If any of you have not yet ordered your laptops, you should definitely double your RAM for only $35 more.

Last edited:
Me either.

I contacted Kim and got this fixed, it was linked again to me having two student ID numbers, as I had figured. Anyway, now all my requirements are met, but I still don't have any financial aid listed, does anyone have financial aid yet???