-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium 2019-2020 Cycle
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got my rejection from UC Irvine. Really hoping for Davis or SF.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no word from UCD for secondary interviews. Hopefully we hear back soon so people have enough time to plan their trip to and accomodations in Davis.
Also rejected from UCI today [emoji174]
Did you guys get rejection through email?
Did you guys get rejection through email?
Yes email
Got a second interview with UC Davis!!!
PRE-MED!
Full Member
Got a second interview with UC Davis!!!
Congratulations!! When did you hear back?!
Congratulations!! When did you hear back?!
I got it yesterday (3/25) at 9pm!
Can't you defer your acceptance for one year? Knowing of course the minute you re apply you lose your seat with no certain chance of getting into the other Medical schools you would apply to after the post bacc.Hey All,
I applied for the UC Consortium earlier this year as a plan B considering I wasn't getting a lot of med school interviews during my 2nd application cycle. I landed a DO acceptance 2 weeks ago which I accepted but, it wasn't my first choice. UCI is my first choice and I landed an interview for their post-bac program yesterday. Now, I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth risking the DO acceptance, going hard in the post-bac, and seeing if my chances of getting into UCISOM next year are high. Does anyone have any constructive feedback on this? What would you do in this situation?
I think this is why they say don't apply to a school you would not be happy at.
Dang they do two interviews? Travel $$$$$$ lolGot a second interview with UC Davis!!!
The first one was a Skype interview. The second interview is the traditional interview you're thinking of. So only one real trip to UCD.Dang they do two interviews? Travel $$$$$$ lol
Okay cool. Beacuse I was like man that would be tough traveling 2xThe first one was a Skype interview. The second interview is the traditional interview you're thinking of. So only one real trip to UCD.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PRE-MED!
Full Member
I got it yesterday (3/25) at 9pm!
That’s awesome[emoji1433] when is it? Did they just send an email?
PRE-MED!
Full Member
I got it yesterday (3/25) at 9pm!
That’s awesome[emoji1433] when is it? Did they just send an email?
For those of you who got rejected from UCI, were you rejected having already gone through an interview? Or were some of you rejected solely based on your application? Just asking because I haven't heard from UCI at all.
Me too I haven’t heard from them. I turned in my app March 12. When did you submit yours?
I applied 2/27. I am waiting to hear back from UCD to see if ill get a second interview. But no word from UCI.Me too I haven’t heard from them. I turned in my app March 12. When did you submit yours?
conchalover
Full Member
For those of you who got rejected from UCI, were you rejected having already gone through an interview? Or were some of you rejected solely based on your application? Just asking because I haven't heard from UCI at all.
I was rejected yesterday without an invitation for an interview 🙁
Puppolover
New Member
Hi! Does anyone know if you accept a position for a school, is your app no longer considered at other schools?
That’s awesome[emoji1433] when is it? Did they just send an email?
Yeah they sent me an email yesterday, and today they sent me another to choose my interview date. It gave me two options and I chose April 1st!
Hi again,Accepted to UCI!
How long after your interview before you were accepted ?
peachykinz
Full Member
Does anyone know of LOR requirements for UCR such as letterhead, signature, etc? I've contacted but no replies again.
My interview was 3/14 and I heard back 3/22!Hi again,
How long after your interview before you were accepted ?
i_just_wanna_be_happy
Full Member
Does anyone know of LOR requirements for UCR such as letterhead, signature, etc? I've contacted but no replies again.
I just assumed they wanted it to be the most official way of writing them: letterhead, signature, confidential, etc.
peachykinz
Full Member
thank you for your help. probably just follow the consortium requirements just to be safe. :')I just assumed they wanted it to be the most official way of writing them: letterhead, signature, confidential, etc.
PRE-MED!
Full Member
Yeah they sent me an email yesterday, and today they sent me another to choose my interview date. It gave me two options and I chose April 1st!
That’s awesome!! Good luck!
Still haven’t heard back from UCD about a secondary interview.. womp
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SO TRUE currently in the midstOne of my advisors strongly suggested for me to do MCAT content review before starting post-bacc even if I am planning to do a post-bacc program that has MCAT prep integrated into the curriculum. They recommended this because the MCAT prep in the post-bacc would likely be very fast, and it would be unfavorable to be seeing that MCAT material for the first time. Hope that helps!
of the MCAT review of my program and it is FAST and INTENSE! The more ahead in your preparation the better
MCAT Prep is intense . Its a combo of independent study and KAPLAN's in person tutoring which I think is the highest tier. People definitely get into med school and about half get into the med school they did post bacc inDoes anyone know someone that’s gone through the UC Consortium post bac that knows how the MCAT course is structured? Or how they were scoring? Or even if they got into Medical school at the same school they did the post bac at or any med school after completing the program?
Awesome! I didn't know they do the in person tutoring. So like the cohort gets 1 tutor? Or people get one on one tutoring?MCAT Prep is intense . Its a combo of independent study and KAPLAN's in person tutoring which I think is the highest tier. People definitely get into med school and about half get into the med school they did post bacc in
Definitely letterhead . They'll look suspiciously on anything elseI just assumed they wanted it to be the most official way of writing them: letterhead, signature, confidential, etc.
1 tutor for the cohort which is more than enough because kaplan's in person tutoring is essentially like a crash course type set up. Best part: the course is valued at like $3000 including new 7 book Kaplan MCAT textbooks, AAMC practice access, and other kaplan resources all for free through the program ... well at least at UCI for usAwesome! I didn't know they do the in person tutoring. So like the cohort gets 1 tutor? Or people get one on one tutoring?
Well first off CONGRATULATIONS! You should be extremely proud of yourself! Getting into any medical school is an astonishing achievement on its own. Now with your dilemma.... take a strong and hard look at your situation. Might as well do the interview- would not hurt to see if you get accepted or not and in the case you do not well then great proceed DO route. Now if you do, just because you attend their post-bacc does not guarantee admission to their medical school. Sure you'll be making direct connections with people on the admissions committee, but like someone else said you would have to start the application process all over again. I would look at the school you got accepted to and think if you believe you would really be a good fit there? Would you be comfortable there? And if you are down to wait another two to three years just to have an increased chance to start medical at UCI ... well then I think you have your answerHey All,
I applied for the UC Consortium earlier this year as a plan B considering I wasn't getting a lot of med school interviews during my 2nd application cycle. I landed a DO acceptance 2 weeks ago which I accepted but, it wasn't my first choice. UCI is my first choice and I landed an interview for their post-bac program yesterday. Now, I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth risking the DO acceptance, going hard in the post-bac, and seeing if my chances of getting into UCISOM next year are high. Does anyone have any constructive feedback on this? What would you do in this situation?
Any news on interviews/acceptances/rejections?
Still waiting to hear back from UCD about 2nd interview. Still waiting for something from UCI
I don't hear any talk about UCLA or UCSF did any of y'all apply to them?
I don't hear any talk about UCLA or UCSF did any of y'all apply to them?
I was gonna ask the same thing. Also how many of you are rep-applicants. Because I know UCLA is only reAPPs
For those that have done the post bac. Does the post back help you with the application to medical school and after you finish the postbac does that mean you have to wait 1year before starting medical school?
Also has anyone that has identified as Socio-economically disadvantaged applicant got an interview/ accepted?
Well the programs are for disadvantaged students so yes aha the majority of those who are accepted are socio-economically disadvantaged unless you classify as being educationally disadvantaged or where impacted by some sort of natural disaster which is rarely the caseAlso has anyone that has identified as Socio-economically disadvantaged applicant got an interview/ accepted?
They help you with your personal statement, the activities list, you get a LOR from the program director . So yes ! A lot of support with your application. Plus, once a postbacc always a postbacc. If you choose to hold off on applying, you make so many connections, staff will help you with your app long after the program is over.For those that have done the post bac. Does the post back help you with the application to medical school and after you finish the postbac does that mean you have to wait 1year before starting medical school?
2nd answer to your questions largely depends on when you take the MCAT which is on an individual basis. For this next post bacc yeah 2019-2020 lets say you get into UCI's program. Do the MCAT in May 2020 you would apply for admission into the 2020-2021 application cycle. All around I think the wait is another 8 months or so until admission season. However, dont get intimidated by the timing of it. When you decide you are ready is the most important thing
Yeah they sent me an email yesterday, and today they sent me another to choose my interview date. It gave me two options and I chose April 1st!
Congrats on the second interview! Do you mind sharing what the other interview date is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the second interview! Do you mind sharing what the other interview date is?
Thank you! And yeah the two options were April 1st and April 22nd
They help you with your personal statement, the activities list, you get a LOR from the program director . So yes ! A lot of support with your application. Plus, once a postbacc always a postbacc. If you choose to hold off on applying, you make so many connections, staff will help you with your app long after the program is over.
2nd answer to your questions largely depends on when you take the MCAT which is on an individual basis. For this next post bacc yeah 2019-2020 lets say you get into UCI's program. Do the MCAT in May 2020 you would apply for admission into the 2020-2021 application cycle. All around I think the wait is another 8 months or so until admission season. However, dont get intimidated by the timing of it. When you decide you are ready is the most important thing
Thanks!
I already took the mcat, applied and didn’t get in anywhere. So I’m studying for it currently and retaking it in May. I just found out about postbacs and the UC postbac Program’s so submitted my application last Sunday.
If you are serious on doing a postbacc it is recommended that you hold off on taking the MCAT. This is because most med schools look at all your scores so if you do not significantly improve on your own, that is if your MCAT score was uncompetitive to begin with, they may look at this negativelyThanks!
I already took the mcat, applied and didn’t get in anywhere. So I’m studying for it currently and retaking it in May. I just found out about postbacs and the UC postbac Program’s so submitted my application last Sunday.
But if your score is competitive consistently in your prep, of course take it and get it out the way. But if that's not the case then I agree, just keep doing your prep and the post bacc (if accepted) will help you improve even more.If you are serious on doing a postbacc it is recommended that you hold off on taking the MCAT. This is because most med schools look at all your scores so if you do not significantly improve on your own, that is if your MCAT score was uncompetitive to begin with, they may look at this negatively
Hey everyone. So i have my interview on Monday morning with UCD and was wondering is any of you have any tips? Or certain questions you think might be asked? Any help would be appreciated! I’m extremely nervous
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 12K