This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice! So you’ve been through this whole process. I’ve been trying to write my personal statement and get my 15 experiences ready as I study. You already have all of that ready huh
Yes I do lol. It's just this darn MCAT!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a first time applicant too and I applied and submitted on the 12th. I received an interview at UCI, UCD, UCSF. I was placed on the waitlist for UCI, and Im still waiting for my UCD and UCSF interviews. Any tips on interview strategies?

Reactions: 1 user
So my auto-correct won't let me be great. But you get what I'm saying lol

I'm a first time applicant too and I applied and submitted on the 12th. I received an interview at UCI, UCD, UCSF. I was placed on the waitlist for UCI, and Im still waiting for my UCD and UCSF interviews. Any tips on interview strategies?

Wow all 3 congrats! Do you mind me asking your stats?

And you’ve also submitted your app March 12 right?

Just fyi, UCI told me this on 3/25: “We are conducting interviews through early April. Applicants will know their final status by mid to late April.”

Wow all 3 congrats! Do you mind me asking your stats?
Thank you, I’m still nervous about the results.

My stats:
Overall gpa: 3.45
Science gpa: 3.36
I did have a lot of experiences to add in my application and come from a background that might be a lot different from most applicants which I mentioned. I also asked for LOR from professors I knew for over 3 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email on Thursday from UCSF inviting me for an interview. I have it scheduled for sometime in May. I haven’t heard back from UCI or UCD though? Is that weird? I submitted my application on March 13th and marked complete that same day. I would hope they would send rejection emails if they weren’t considering me instead of leave me hanging. Since I haven’t heard anything, does that mean I’m still under review or what?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how realistic it is to get accepted from the waitlist of UCI? Their program is my first choice, sad I didn’t get automatically accepted, but still grateful to be on the waitlist.

Thanks for the info!

Anyone else applying/applied to UCR's post bacc? I know they are no longer part of the UC Consortium along with UCSD.

So I noticed that the info of 1 of the people who interviewed me during my primary interview with UCD can no longer be found on the UCD post-bacc site under the staff section. She was on there before as the "interim" director of the UC consortium, I believe? I wonder if that means anything for the applicants.

So I noticed that the info of 1 of the people who interviewed me during my primary interview with UCD can no longer be found on the UCD post-bacc site under the staff section. She was on there before as the "interim" director of the UC consortium, I believe? I wonder if that means anything for the applicants.

Who was it?

I wish everyone the best of luck throughout this process. Hoping we all get in, but truthfully we all know that will most likely not happen. I wanted to ask, what are your plans if you don't get into a program? Any suggestions on what to do for the year before potentially applying again?

Anything will help!

Reactions: 1 users
I wish everyone the best of luck throughout this process. Hoping we all get in, but truthfully we all know that will most likely not happen. I wanted to ask, what are your plans if you don't get into a program? Any suggestions on what to do for the year before potentially applying again?

Anything will help!
Applied o multiple programs lol

Anything will help!

Honestly if I don't get into any programs (out of 30 that I applied lmao) I am still down to do an extension at any of the UC's and do a DIY. I am applying to Masters as well so that's another possibility!

Honestly if I don't get into any programs (out of 30 that I applied lmao) I am still down to do an extension at any of the UC's and do a DIY. I am applying to Masters as well so that's another possibility!

Oh ok I see! Never thought of doing a DIY post bacc before. I'll def keep that in mind!!

Oh ok I see! Never thought of doing a DIY post bacc before. I'll def keep that in mind!!

I would highly suggest applying to CSUEB PHAP as a back-up post bacc. They accept MANY students (which is a con), but that's why it's a back-up. No LORs, CV/resume, or personal statement needed. I received admission from them last Friday

What if someone doesn't get into ANY program they applied for. What do you think one could do in the meantime? Any suggestions?
Then it depends on what you need improvement on. MCAT? Take a prep course. GPA? Take classes on your own that you can afford. And set yourself up to apply again next year whether it be for med school, masters, or a post bacc

Anyone else applying/applied to UCR's post bacc? I know they are no longer part of the UC Consortium along with UCSD.

I am!! I got a rejection from UCI, was waitlisted at UCSD, and haven't heard back from any other schools. I decided to apply to UCR kind of late in the game and I am not from the Riverside area, so I hope I still have a chance! Currently working on my application. Have you submitted your application/heard anything back?

Anything will help!

Start studying for the MCAT and see how you do and apply to Med schools! Unless you feel your GPA is super low then maybe try again postbacs or DIY if you don’t get in. But I think if we study hard for the mcat and apply broadly (MD/DO) we have a shot at it.

Does anyone know how realistic it is to get accepted from the waitlist of UCI? Their program is my first choice, sad I didn’t get automatically accepted, but still grateful to be on the waitlist.

Thanks for the info!
does anyone also know if the waitlist is a ranking system?

I am!! I got a rejection from UCI, was waitlisted at UCSD, and haven't heard back from any other schools. I decided to apply to UCR kind of late in the game and I am not from the Riverside area, so I hope I still have a chance! Currently working on my application. Have you submitted your application/heard anything back?

The last element I need is the actual application. I already sent in my LORs and transcripts. Just need one more essay to write and then Im done. It's the only one I am applying to because of all my other obligations which are Riverside near UCR.

The last element I need is the actual application. I already sent in my LORs and transcripts. Just need one more essay to write and then Im done. It's the only one I am applying to because of all my other obligations which are Riverside near UCR.

Same here - just need to finish the questions and submit. Good luck to you!

Is there any specific date that all of the programs will stop giving out interview invitations?

Hi, what date are you interviewing for UCSF? I got an interview invite on 4/2 but wasn't able to schedule an interview time because there was no interview status bar on my application. I just got another email today and was finally able to schedule an interview in May. I'm sort of worried that I am interviewing late.

Do Do it yourself. As in take classes as if you're in a postbacc, but it's you in control.
with DIY, do y'all recommend going back to your undgrad and and taking a few upper div bio classes? Or going to Community college and taking courses?

Rejected from UCI today :(

I think everyone is being rejected by UCI, I wouldn't take it personally. I think they might have the most applicants. My question is how are they choosing students? I wonder if it has anything to do with the time of application and if you live or are from Irvine?

with DIY, do y'all recommend going back to your undgrad and and taking a few upper div bio classes? Or going to Community college and taking courses?
Regarding, your first question, I recommend taking a combination of both. If there is a class you failed or did poorly on, do take it again. However, I'd say focus on taking upper division classes. I say this because just imagine it from the med school's perspective. What do they think if you only took lower division classes and got all As? They want to know you can handle med school so taking upperdiv and beating those shows a strong message.

Between community/state, that's a tough one. Not all of us has $30k to spend for a DIY at a UC or Cal State. But I do see them looking at classes from those schools with a certain amount of prestige compared to a community. That's not supposed to sound harsh, but we can objectively see that community classes might be considered easier. If you were admissions, would you accept a candidate with 8 As from UCx or 8 As from xCommunityCollege.

Reactions: 1 users
Regarding, your first question, I recommend taking a combination of both. If there is a class you failed or did poorly on, do take it again. However, I'd say focus on taking upper division classes. I say this because just imagine it from the med school's perspective. What do they think if you only took lower division classes and got all As? They want to know you can handle med school so taking upperdiv and beating those shows a strong message.

Between community/state, that's a tough one. Not all of us has $30k to spend for a DIY at a UC or Cal State. But I do see them looking at classes from those schools with a certain amount of prestige compared to a community. That's not supposed to sound harsh, but we can objectively see that community classes might be considered easier. If you were admissions, would you accept a candidate with 8 As from UCx or 8 As from xCommunityCollege.
True. Also, I don't think CC offer upper div. I wish I never applied for graduation. Might consider revoking my application for graduation and extending my time at UC and take 4 upper div bio courses. Otherwise, I don't know what to do.

I think everyone is being rejected by UCI, I wouldn't take it personally. I think they might have the most applicants. My question is how are they choosing students? I wonder if it has anything to do with the time of application and if you live or are from Irvine?
Same. Rejected from UCI.

Still nothing. My friend who submitted the app a week after mine got her rejected letter from UCI today. So I’m confused..
I got rejected from UCI too and submitted on March 12th so it might mean that you are still being considered.

Yeah, I have no clue. My app was complete on 1/25

Anyone in here interviewing @ UC Davis on the 22nd?? If you are and need some tips lmk, always willing to help.