UCD Dublin Graduate Entry 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FarmGirl2

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my VMCAS and Dublin application today. Anyone else applying to Dublin Graduate Entry? Does anyone know what their timeline is for interviews/acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I went through the process with UCD Dublin for Graduate Entry last year - was waitlisted but not offered a seat. I sent my application out prior to the deadline and heard back regarding interviews in early Dec; scheduled for early January. Since I was waitlisted I had to wait until Mid-April for a final response.

Reactions: 1 user
The portal now says documents reviewed. I guess things are progressing!! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
The portal now says documents reviewed. I guess things are progressing!! :xf:
By portal do you mean the UCD application portal on their website? Under "Application Status" mine says "further review" but I'm not sure what the progression of statuses is.

By portal do you mean the UCD application portal on their website? Under "Application Status" mine says "further review" but I'm not sure what the progression of statuses is.
Thanks. Yes, I mean the application portal. I am so anxious waiting for their reply I am reading into everything! However, I too have no idea what the progression of statuses means.

I just received an invite to interview for the 4-year graduate program!

• Love
Does anyone know if they send out all interview invites in one day? I applied in late September and haven’t heard from them yet so I’m getting nervous!!

Does anyone know if they send out all interview invites in one day? I applied in late September and haven’t heard from them yet so I’m getting nervous!!
If it helps I applied September 15th via VMCAS from Canada! It seems like interview offers go out over multiple days. I believe I have until mid-Dec to accept so I would imagine they may send out more after RSVP's have been responded to.

Got my interview invite this morning as well!! So very excited!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Just got my interview invite!! So excited!!!

Still have not heard from them. So anxious!

• Care
OK, this might be an obnoxious question, but... Has anyone gotten a rejection from Dublin? I am wondering if they are sending out interview invites and saving the rejections for later in the week.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, this might be an obnoxious question, but... Has anyone gotten a rejection from Dublin? I am wondering if they are sending out interview invites and saving the rejections for later in the week.
I don't have an answer for this question, but I did talk to someone today who was immediately accepted to Dublin already without an interview.

• Wow
I don't have an answer for this question, but I did talk to someone today who was immediately accepted to Dublin already without an interview.
Thanks. I am feeling pretty confident that I have been rejected as it is end of day Wednesday there and I have not heard anything. Congrats to all of you who got interviews and got accepted!!

Don't discount yourself just yet! Have you applied elsewhere?
Thanks. I am feeling pretty confident that I have been rejected as it is end of day Wednesday there and I have not heard anything. Congrats to all of you who got interviews and got accepted!!

I haven't heard anything from them either...

Has anyone else heard back? I was accepted last year and deferred so I will be joining those of you that decide on Dublin! : )

Has anyone else heard back? I was accepted last year and deferred so I will be joining those of you that decide on Dublin! : )
Still waiting on my interview in late January but I hope to be joining you in September! I would assume most of us won't hear back with an official acceptance until mid February.

I too am hoping to join you in September. I am curious, when did you interview and when did you get your acceptance last year? Thanks.

I too am hoping to join you in September. I am curious, when did you interview and when did you get your acceptance last year? Thanks.
I heard about my interview invite on Dec. 15th last year and interviewed Jan. 4th. Then they updated me about my acceptance in early Feb I think!

Does anyone know how many international applicants they accept?

I got an interview for Dublin for early January but has anyone received the Zoom link for it yet?

Me too! What a relief. Fingers crossed! How are you guys prepping for the interview? Anyone who did it last year have any tips?
It is super conversational and casual. I would say just review your own application and be prepared to answer basic interview questions based on your personal experiences!

Are there any current UCD students here? If so, what is public transportation like getting to campus? Do you need a car if you live off campus? I know that I am getting a bit ahead of myself, but I am trying to keep my mind busy while I anxiously wait.

Are there any current UCD students here? If so, what is public transportation like getting to campus? Do you need a car if you live off campus? I know that I am getting a bit ahead of myself, but I am trying to keep my mind busy while I anxiously wait.

2020 grad here!
You can definitely get by without a car, myself & most of my classmates did. There’s quite a few bus routes that stop right outside of campus, and the DART (light rail) station is within walking distance of campus as well. There’s a student discount on public transit which is cool.

I was able to find housing within walking distance of the vet school, I’d recommend checking out daft.ie to get familiar with accommodations in the area. There’s a few FB groups for advertising housing as well you can join after you’re accepted to UCD.
There’s on campus accommodation as well, didn’t live there myself but many of my classmates did first year.

2020 grad here!
You can definitely get by without a car, myself & most of my classmates did. There’s quite a few bus routes that stop right outside of campus, and the DART (light rail) station is within walking distance of campus as well. There’s a student discount on public transit which is cool.

I was able to find housing within walking distance of the vet school, I’d recommend checking out daft.ie to get familiar with accommodations in the area. There’s a few FB groups for advertising housing as well you can join after you’re accepted to UCD.
There’s on campus accommodation as well, didn’t live there myself but many of my classmates did first year.
Thank you!

For those that received interview offers, is there anyone who didn’t apply through VMCAS but rather used the UCD portal? I applied through the UCD portal in October but haven’t heard back yet and getting worried that I’ve been rejected. I haven’t received a rejection letter or email yet and my application is showing up on the portal as “further review” so I’m still hopeful.

Last edited:
For those that received interview offers, is there anyone who didn’t apply through VMCAS but rather used the UCD portal? I applied through the UCD portal in October but haven’t heard back yet and getting worried that I’ve been rejected. I haven’t received a rejection letter or email yet and my application is showing up on the portal as “further review” so I’m still hopeful.
I applied through VMCAS but there was a supplemental I had to do on their portal too. Last I checked my portal still said documents reviewed or something like that.

I applied through VMCAS but there was a supplemental I had to do on their portal too. Last I checked my portal still said documents reviewed or something like that.
Thanks for your reply. It sounds like most of you have applied through VMCAS so far so I do think they might’ve reviewed and sent invites to VMCAS people earlier than the portal applications. Plus the portal applications weren’t due till December 1st I believe. I’m hoping that they’re running behind and just going through all the portal applications now.

I applied through VMCAS and the portal, but have not received any updates at all. I emailed them last week and still haven't heard anything back.

I applied through VMCAS and the portal, but have not received any updates at all. I emailed them last week and still haven't heard anything back.
Yeah, I emailed them as well regarding the status of my application on the 21st of December and haven’t gotten a reply either. Let me know if you hear back from them!

Hey, I went through the process with UCD Dublin for Graduate Entry last year - was waitlisted but not offered a seat. I sent my application out prior to the deadline and heard back regarding interviews in early Dec; scheduled for early January. Since I was waitlisted I had to wait until Mid-April for a final response.
How long after your interview did you hear that you were waitlisted? I am interviewing on Wednesday and want to prepare myself for how long I will have to wait until I hear back after the interview.

How long after your interview did you hear that you were waitlisted? I am interviewing on Wednesday and want to prepare myself for how long I will have to wait until I hear back after the interview.
I believe I got the official waitlist notification (reserve status) in early-mid Feb, how did your interview go?

I believe I got the official waitlist notification (reserve status) in early-mid Feb, how did your interview go?
Thanks. The waiting is so stressful. I think that the interview went well. It was very low key/friendly.

For those that have done the interview already, do you have any tips? This is my first cycle actually getting an interview so I don't totally know what to expect and this is my last shot 🤞. Additionally, is it one-on-one or panel style? That didn't seem to be clarified in the email.

Has anyone who’s already had their interview heard back yet? I had mine a week ago and am very anxiously waiting, so just curious!

Has anyone who’s already had their interview heard back yet? I had mine a week ago and am very anxiously waiting, so just curious!
I had mine on Jan 5. He said that they were interviewing through 1/14 and then would meet and make decisions. We should know before mid-February. However, on a Facebook group that I am on, people are talking about interviewing this week. So, I am not sure.

If you happen to email them and ask, please post their reply. Thanks.

I just had my interview today, and was told they will be in contact with me “the week after next”. I’m assuming that’s when we will all hear!!

I just had my interview today, and was told they will be in contact with me “the week after next”. I’m assuming that’s when we will all hear!!
I'm getting anxious waiting to hear back even though comparatively they are letting us know very soon after the interviews