UCD Dublin Graduate Entry 2026

Started by FarmGirl2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2020 grad here!
You can definitely get by without a car, myself & most of my classmates did. There’s quite a few bus routes that stop right outside of campus, and the DART (light rail) station is within walking distance of campus as well. There’s a student discount on public transit which is cool.

I was able to find housing within walking distance of the vet school, I’d recommend checking out daft.ie to get familiar with accommodations in the area. There’s a few FB groups for advertising housing as well you can join after you’re accepted to UCD.
There’s on campus accommodation as well, didn’t live there myself but many of my classmates did first year.
Hi! random but does Dublin record its lectures and stream them? Or do students actually have to go into lecture in person every time? Just curious!
 
Hi! random but does Dublin record its lectures and stream them? Or do students actually have to go into lecture in person every time? Just curious!
Hi! First year here. Right now, there are lectures available online but they are specifically for students who are out with COVID-19 or for extenuating circumstances. Most lectures are not mandatory but *highly* encouraged. All my practicals (labs) are not recorded but can usually be made up if you miss them and have a good reason.
 
Hey all! I'm a first year right now at UCD. If there are any questions you have, feel free to reach out. I can answer what I know. This website helped me a lot in making my choice last year. It was very overwhelming but the interview process was very relaxed and I felt like the professor's who interviewed me really wanted to know about who I am as a person.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all! I'm a first year right now at UCD. If there are any questions you have, feel free to reach out. I can answer what I know. This website helped me a lot in making my choice last year. It was very overwhelming but the interview process was very relaxed and I felt like the professor's who interviewed me really wanted to know about who I am as a person.
Hi! Thank you so much. I'm a bit nervous about the potential move over there as I have never been to Ireland before.
Was it easy to make friends? What do you like/not like about the program and city of Dublin? And if you're from the US why did you choose Dublin over schools in the states?
 
Hey 🙂

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something. I initially was told I would receive an update to my application during the first 2 weeks of December but I never received anything so I emailed them in January and they responded by telling me I should receive an update that same week. We are now in early February and no update. I haven't even interviewed yet. Should I do something? How are my chances? I am an international student and UCD is my top choice
 
Hey 🙂

I was wondering if you guys could help me out with something. I initially was told I would receive an update to my application during the first 2 weeks of December but I never received anything so I emailed them in January and they responded by telling me I should receive an update that same week. We are now in early February and no update. I haven't even interviewed yet. Should I do something? How are my chances? I am an international student and UCD is my top choice
They’ve seem to be running behind on applications from what I’ve observed based on their emails. I’ve been in contact with them for the last couple months and they finally said that they were supposed review my application (4 year graduate program applied through the UCD portal) during early February and send out interview invites for selected candidates in mid to late February. I will keep you posted if I hear back.
 
They’ve seem to be running behind on applications from what I’ve observed based on their emails. I’ve been in contact with them for the last couple months and they finally said that they were supposed review my application (4 year graduate program applied through the UCD portal) during early February and send out interview invites for selected candidates in mid to late February. I will keep you posted if I hear back.
Oh that's great to hear, thanks for letting me know! I was getting a bit nervous since people on this forum were accepted as early as December. Hope we both get in!
 
Last edited:
Keeping fingers crossed we hear from them tomorrow! 🤞
You have no idea how anxious I've been all day 😆 I was so sad to not wake up to that email. I'm assuming they would send them in the morning "Irish time" which is around 5am-8am my time (MST)
 
Right there with you.
More waiting 😣 I feel like I can hardly focus all day knowing that they are going to show up like a jump scare. It also seems like they haven't waited this long to release decisions in the last few years.
 
I too am getting nervous, I could have sworn they told us they would get back to us this week but now it is Wednesday and I haven't heard anyone receiving acceptances or rejections. my anxiety is high haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I too am getting nervous, I could have sworn they told us they would get back to us this week but now it is Wednesday and I haven't heard anyone receiving acceptances or rejections. my anxiety is high haha
I also wonder if people are hearing back and are not part of this network so we would never know 😮 cue the overthinking 🙃
 
Hey everyone, I know we are all anxiously waiting but I believe UCD sends out answers on a rolling basis, so it may be this week for some, next week for others and the following week for other still.
I suggest a distraction. How did you all come to decide vet med was the career for you?
 
Hey everyone, I know we are all anxiously waiting but I believe UCD sends out answers on a rolling basis, so it may be this week for some, next week for others and the following week for other still.
I suggest a distraction. How did you all come to decide vet med was the career for you?
Great idea! I traveled quite a bit to south America as a child and saw the large stray populations in the countries I visited. I already loved animals but I knew as a veterinarian I could make a difference for those animals. Where I'm from in Canada there are very large stray/feral populations in our indigenous communities so I volunteer with an organization that hold large scale spay/neuter clinics in different communities each month over the summer. That really solidified it for me 😊 I also ended up falling in love with medicine in general after working in an ER/specialty hospital!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any current Dublin Graduate Entry students who are focusing on livestock and might be open to doing a zoom call with me? I am deciding between Dublin and Davis (strongly leaning towards Dublin) and I have some questions. Thanks.
 
Hey everyone, I am new to the forum. I was interviewed in early January and am also anxiously waiting for a response. Congrats on your offer FarmGirl2!
 
Hoping some of us hear from them this week!! I received an email today about a fall semester transcript they had not received yet, so hopefully that means they are still reviewing things!!
I'm quite shocked that they would be sending an email on a Sunday!
 
Hi all, I am a new member and was hoping for some guidance for the interview process. I am an international student applying into the Undegraduate vet med program at UCD. For those that have done an interview, what was it like? What kind of questions do they ask? Thanks! 🙂
 
Welcome! The UCD interview is very informal and causal. Mainly asking about your experience, why you wanna be a vet, why UCD, and might go over any questions they have regarding your application. Best of luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad