UCD Dublin Graduate Entry 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got a conditional offer of acceptance this morning! Have to finish a pre requisite course, does anyone know when that would have to be completed by? I’m in a full course load now to graduate so would have to take it in the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got a conditional offer of acceptance this morning! Have to finish a pre requisite course, does anyone know when that would have to be completed by? I’m in a full course load now to graduate so would have to take it in the summer.
That's amazing!! Congrats! I also have a course left to complete but usually (for other schools anyway) it has to be done by the end of winter semester (April). I would reach out and ask them directly for sure!

I just checked my email and I also just received a conditional acceptance! 😭

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! Happy for you guys.
It seems like maybe they are releasing based on interview date perhaps? Or maybe they are doing a batch of people who still have a course to complete?

It seems like maybe they are releasing based on interview date perhaps? Or maybe they are doing a batch of people who still have a course to complete?
I haven't received an interview date yet but I am trying to stay hopeful

I haven't received an interview date yet but I am trying to stay hopeful
I'm sure because you applied through their application service that it's just a different timeline all together! Have you tried reaching out and asking if the timeline is different than vmcas applicants?

I applied through the VMCAS though. And yes I have reached out but its ok I understand sometimes these things take more time than expected

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I applied through the VMCAS though. And yes I have reached out but its ok I understand sometimes these things take more time than expected
Oh that's my mistake! I thought you were one of the people who were discussing that before. It sounds like they are still sending interviews out as recently as this week though so don't lose hope!

I'm still waiting for an answer but I'm so happy for everyone who has received an acceptance. You've all worked so hard and now it's paying off! Congratulations.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! I am so excited to potentially meet you all in the fall! Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from some schools/have multiple offers?
Congrats to everyone who got their acceptances this morning! I am excited to meet everyone as well! I am 90% sure that I will be joining the class at Dublin in the fall. I am just waiting for confirmation on my husband’s visa. Fingers crossed. If he can’t get a visa I will be at Davis. However, at this point his visa is looking like a very good possibility.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance this morning!!!! So so so freaking excited. Congratulations to everyone❤️ Now decision’s between dublin or London… help😂

• Love
Got my acceptance this morning!!!! So so so freaking excited. Congratulations to everyone❤️ Now decision’s between dublin or London… help😂
I dont know anything about London's program, but a friend and co-worker who is a recent graduate of UCD had nothing but glowing stars for her time both at the school and in Ireland. I would love to know if there are any other Canadians on this thread!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I dont know anything about London's program, but a friend and co-worker who is a recent graduate of UCD had nothing but glowing stars for her time both at the school and in Ireland. I would love to know if there are any other Canadians on this thread!
I'm from Ontario!

Possibly stupid question, but if we have courses still required to take before Fall (Cellular biology for example), do we have to be finished with those by a certain date? Like if I was planning on taking it this summer is that still okay?

Possibly stupid question, but if we have courses still required to take before Fall (Cellular biology for example), do we have to be finished with those by a certain date? Like if I was planning on taking it this summer is that still okay?
Not a stupid question at all. I'm wondering this as well because many schools give an April deadline (end of winter semester) and I'm enrolled in my last pre-req but it would be nice to have the opportunity to retake it if something were to happen. (The prof has been reported for misconduct like 5x already 😩)

• Wow
Not a stupid question at all. I'm wondering this as well because many schools give an April deadline (end of winter semester) and I'm enrolled in my last pre-req but it would be nice to have the opportunity to retake it if something were to happen. (The prof has been reported for misconduct like 5x already 😩)
YIKES. Yeah, I think I'm gonna email them to clarify that stuff so we all hopefully don't have to stress about stuff like that. I definitely won't be finished with cell bio by april 15th or june 1st haha

YIKES. Yeah, I think I'm gonna email them to clarify that stuff so we all hopefully don't have to stress about stuff like that. I definitely won't be finished with cell bio by april 15th or june 1st haha
I emailed because I will also have to take a pre req in the summer, and she said that they need to verify it by end of July at the latest, so that’s when you have to get the official transcript to them with the completed class on it

• Love
I am also deciding between Dublin or London! It is very difficult for so many reasons! Are you leaning towards one more than the other right now?

Placed on the waitlist again this year. Pretty bummed but still have hope!

• Care
Placed on the waitlist again this year. Pretty bummed but still have hope!
Clearly they have an interest in you if they are offering you waitlist though! Did they tell you your place on the list? I'm sure the waitlist moves a ton and if you are higher up this year it could make a big difference!

I am a bit older than most (all) of you and have a husband who would need to come with me. Has anyone succeeded (or know of someone who has succeeded) in getting a visa for a partner/spouse?

I am a bit older than most (all) of you and have a husband who would need to come with me. Has anyone succeeded (or know of someone who has succeeded) in getting a visa for a partner/spouse?
I don't know the answer to this question but I will be sitting down with a 2021 UCD grad in the next week or so, I'll ask her if she knows anyone from her class that was in a similar situation if it helps? She did mention many of the grad entry students were engaged/married so I'm sure its something that is quite common. We're pretty sure my partner won't be joining me because his work is fairly specialized.

Clearly they have an interest in you if they are offering you waitlist though! Did they tell you your place on the list? I'm sure the waitlist moves a ton and if you are higher up this year it could make a big difference!
It's unranked, or at least i haven't been informed of a rank, so I'm not sure of my place, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

• Care
I sent an email this morning asking since I also hadn't heard and they responded and let me know I was placed on reserve.
Sorry for all the questions, but has your portal updated to say that? Mine still Says in further review and I’m not sure how to feel

Sorry for all the questions, but has your portal updated to say that? Mine still Says in further review and I’m not sure how to feel
I am in the same boat as you, I haven't received an email yet either and my application says "further review." In forums from previous years I saw some people getting accepted as late as mid/late March so I haven't given up hope yet!

Also congrats to those here who have been accepted!

It was updated to Reserve after I emailed them, but prior to that it said further review as well.

I don't know the answer to this question but I will be sitting down with a 2021 UCD grad in the next week or so, I'll ask her if she knows anyone from her class that was in a similar situation if it helps? She did mention many of the grad entry students were engaged/married so I'm sure its something that is quite common. We're pretty sure my partner won't be joining me because his work is fairly specialized.
Thank you.

I emailed them asking for an update last night and got my acceptance this morning!!

• Love
Any US students in here that would be willing to talk about finances with me?

Is there an accepted students group on Facebook??

Does anyone know if there are other options to pay the deposit other than lump sum visa? I would rather pay 2 payments concurrently so I don't have to raise my limit but can still get my visa points 😂

Does anyone know if there are other options to pay the deposit other than lump sum visa? I would rather pay 2 payments concurrently so I don't have to raise my limit but can still get my visa points 😂
I would email Trish and ask. It seems that as long as it is paid in full by April 15th it should be fine. You should still have enough time to do that (as we are over a month away). Worth a try.

has anyone started to look into housing? I’m most likely accepting my seat and don’t know where to start!!

has anyone started to look into housing? I’m most likely accepting my seat and don’t know where to start!!
Hey! I have, mostly I look at daft.ie but most places are available for immediate move-in so I'm considering waiting until closer to the time I move to actually look. However, if you're looking to live with other students/houseshare there are a lot of Facebook groups designed for that. The two I'm on so far are Vet accommodation network and Dublin student accomodation.
I'm moving with my fiance and dog so I just have a slightly different approach to finding a place. Hope this helps!

Hey! I have, mostly I look at daft.ie but most places are available for immediate move-in so I'm considering waiting until closer to the time I move to actually look. However, if you're looking to live with other students/houseshare there are a lot of Facebook groups designed for that. The two I'm on so far are Vet accommodation network and Dublin student accomodation.
I'm moving with my fiance and dog so I just have a slightly different approach to finding a place. Hope this helps!
I also noticed this! I don't want to wait too long to start looking because I know accommodations are expensive and hard to find, however I don't particularly want to be signing leases before seeing places and I only plan to be in Dublin mid-August 😨

Are you an international student? If so, I am curious what your fiancé is doing to get a visa.

For off campus housing, there’s 2 approaches really. One of my friends visited Dublin a few months before actually moving over & arranged accommodation.

My approach was to book an air bnb for a week when I flew over & used that week to find somewhere to live- stressful for sure but worked out perfectly

Generally places are advertised as they’re actually available, so be prepared to move in, like, immediately

There’s a UCD accommodation support FB page that’s good, otherwise daft .ie is going to be your best bet

Are you an international student? If so, I am curious what your fiancé is doing to get a visa.
Yes, I am! My fiance works in tech (which is considered a critical skill) so he is trying to find a job in Ireland and get the appropriate visa through his job. Very stressful haha

For off campus housing, there’s 2 approaches really. One of my friends visited Dublin a few months before actually moving over & arranged accommodation.

My approach was to book an air bnb for a week when I flew over & used that week to find somewhere to live- stressful for sure but worked out perfectly

Generally places are advertised as they’re actually available, so be prepared to move in, like, immediately

There’s a UCD accommodation support FB page that’s good, otherwise daft .ie is going to be your best bet
Do you have any advice on finding accommodation with a pet? We are going to be bringing our 40lb dog with us when we move.

Yes, I am! My fiance works in tech (which is considered a critical skill) so he is trying to find a job in Ireland and get the appropriate visa through his job. Very stressful haha
Yup. That is exactly what my husband is doing. I was just wondering if you guys had found any other avenues. Best of luck to your fiancé! I agree, very stressful.

Do you have any advice on finding accommodation with a pet? We are going to be bringing our 40lb dog with us when we move.
It can be difficult to find pet-friendly accommodation, but can totally be done! I’d say be willing to live a little farther from campus potentially. I do know several people who kept their dogs without their landlords knowing (ok… a lot of people do this lol)

I adopted my dog in Ireland after first year, after I had moved into a house that was dog-friendly

It can be difficult to find pet-friendly accommodation, but can totally be done! I’d say be willing to live a little farther from campus potentially. I do know several people who kept their dogs without their landlords knowing (ok… a lot of people do this lol)

I adopted my dog in Ireland after first year, after I had moved into a house that was dog-friendly
Awesome! That's encouraging to hear. With living further out, do you think having a car would be neccessary? We are definitely open to buying one but I know the insurance can be $$$