UNC Dental School Hopefuls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So are you saying that pirates aren't as cool as devils and wolves?

Members don't see this ad.

So are you saying that pirates aren't as cool as devils and wolves?

YES!! I can agree that pirates are not nearly as cool. I can say this due to personal experience, 1) from Greenville, 2) went to state undergrad and master's at ECU.

The wolf is far superior.

Go Pack!

Members don't see this ad :)
Two words: tar heels.

YES!! I can agree that pirates are not nearly as cool. I can say this due to personal experience, 1) from Greenville, 2) went to state undergrad and master's at ECU.

The wolf is far superior.

Go Pack!

hahahaha...I did my ugrad at ECU, part of masters at ECU, and the other part of my masters at ncsu, did summer program at UNC...from my personal experience, I gotta say...Pirates are wayyy coolER. Those wolf puppies will find out in a few weeks at Rowdy Dowdy Stadium. bbwwahhhahaha...argh

hahahaha...I did my ugrad at ECU, part of masters at ECU, and the other part of my masters at ncsu, did summer program at UNC...from my personal experience, I gotta say...Pirates are wayyy coolER. Those wolf puppies will find out in a few weeks at Rowdy Dowdy Stadium. bbwwahhhahaha...argh

I'm glad one pirate can spell "Argh" right. Did you know there is or was a billboard on I-40 near Greensboro that spelled it A-r-r-g?

The ECU vs. State game should be a great one. Can't much about UNC games this year. They may try and "cheat" their way into a victory.:laugh:

Yea the wolfpack will find out that pirates are superior on the 16th of october in rowdy dowdy. The only reason state might win the ACC this year is not from talent, but by default because all the rest of the ACC sucks this season.

Not to discourage the fighting over the football teams, but is anyone else waiting/hoping for a Nov interview?

Going by the 21-25 day notice, they should be coming out next week.

Not to discourage the fighting over the football teams, but is anyone else waiting/hoping for a Nov interview?

Going by the 21-25 day notice, they should be coming out next week.

I am... the wait is killing me. I think I was already reviewed for the October slot so I am not too hopeful. My app was sent to the committee on 8/26... And you are right, going by the previous dates, I think we should hear back next Wed. or so.

Maybe we will both get good news soon....

Members don't see this ad :)
I am... the wait is killing me. I think I was already reviewed for the October slot so I am not too hopeful. My app was sent to the committee on 8/26... And you are right, going by the previous dates, I think we should hear back next Wed. or so.

Maybe we will both get good news soon....

Are you an NC resident?

When you say your app was sent to committee on 8/26, that is when the long update about your app being under review (that long statement about examining your application multiple ways) was posted through AADSAS?

Good luck to you!

Last cycle, my app. was completed on 8/13 and I didn't get an interview until November. So I am not sure if you were passed up for the October interview or not...

Are you an NC resident?

When you say your app was sent to committee on 8/26, that is when the long update about your app being under review (that long statement about examining your application multiple ways) was posted through AADSAS?

Good luck to you!

Hey jmt,

I am not an NC resident... and yes that is what I meant about the 8/26 date.

Best of luck to you and everyone else!

Last cycle, my app. was completed on 8/13 and I didn't get an interview until November. So I am not sure if you were passed up for the October interview or not...

Thanks for sharing that FutureDent. It has been such a quiet month it would be so wonderful to hear from UNC next week.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Have you had much luck at any other schools you've applied too?

Not really... One interview... My state school UF... and I applied to 25 schools. Oh and one rejection from Case. I didn't do great in undergrad but finished a master's degree and did really well and well on the DAT and am now working. I thought I would be hearing from more schools... I guess not...

@ jenna, Sounds ALOT like my background, except I'm an NC resident and only applied to the two schools in NC.

Don't worry, its only the first week of October. Keep your hopes up, waiting is the worst part.:)

Losing hope and posting about it on SDN seemed to help. I got an interview at Minnesota so I shouldn't keep complaining... that said, I am still REALLLYYYY hoping to hear from UNC next week...

Thanks jmt1984 for the support! Hopefully I'll get to meet you and everyone else on Nov. 6th!

My initial AADSAS status was "under review" ~3 months ago. I then had an interview on Sat Sep 25 and my AADSAS status changed to "Invited for Interview"... However, I checked my status today and it’s "under review" again... So, have your status been changed after the interview??? :confused:

I wouldn't sweat it to much. My aadsas status said they were waiting on additional information. Then I called to fax my new DAT scores to them and they said my application was complete and I got an interview invite. Im not so sure the change from invited for an interview to under review is such a big deal. just my 2 cents.

after my September interview my status was changed back from Interview to "Under Review".

Sorry if this question has been answered before But Has anyone received a Rejection from UNC Yet ?

When do they usually send their Rejection Letters ? Do they wait till Dec ?

Sorry if this question has been answered before But Has anyone received a Rejection from UNC Yet ?

When do they usually send their Rejection Letters ? Do they wait till Dec ?

Last cycle, I was notified of rejection the first week of Feb.

I'll be nervous this week, hopefully we'll all hear some good news!

I couldn't wait for this week to start! I am so nervous too jmt! I really hope we get email interview invites TODAY!

Losing hope and posting about it on SDN seemed to help. I got an interview at Minnesota so I shouldn't keep complaining... that said, I am still REALLLYYYY hoping to hear from UNC next week...

Thanks jmt1984 for the support! Hopefully I'll get to meet you and everyone else on Nov. 6th!

Your situation is somewhat similar to my own. I did bad one year in undergrad and am now working on a masters. I also have a UF and Minn. interview and I really liked Minnesota (havent gone to UF one).

I am really hoping for a NC interview though! Hopefully we get invites :xf:

I couldn't wait for this week to start! I am so nervous too jmt! I really hope we get email interview invites TODAY!

I hear ya, I was apprehensive about posting here; I thought the other ppl waiting to hear about an interview from UNC would freak out if they saw this thread up top.

I don't know if we'll hear today unfortunately, I think the e-mails usually go out in the morning. I hope soon, I'm not going to be productive until I know one way or the other.

dont they send out ~3 weeks prior to interview date?

so that would make next monday a possible send-out date... right?

dont they send out ~3 weeks prior to interview date?

so that would make next monday a possible send-out date... right?

NRG: I think so, but someone else had mentioned 25 days, so I guess anytime between now and next monday. I prefer earlier. :laugh:

I look forward to seeing you guys Friday night if you come to the pizza social. If you have any questions hit me up at the social or PM me. Safe travels and good luck Saturday!:luck:

My heart sank when I saw that this thread had a new post! LOL... I really hope we hear something soon....

Good luck to all those interviewing this weekend!

I look forward to seeing you guys Friday night if you come to the pizza social. If you have any questions hit me up at the social or PM me. Safe travels and good luck Saturday!:luck:

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm sure we're looking forward to it wayyyy more than you are. :D

I got an Interview November 6th!!!!!!!!

haven't posted in a long time but I just wanted to get the word out they are sending them out now, by email.

haven't posted in a long time but I just wanted to get the word out they are sending them out now, by email.

Congrats TarHeel!!!!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you get the App complete message on AADSAS?

I am so anxious now and can't stop checking my email (even though it refreshes on its own!!).

Thanks Jenna! I was a bit of a late submitter. My mailing date was 9/17 and app complete status of the same date.

Congrats!

I guess this means I'll be waiting for the Jan. interviews....sigh..

just got an interview today for Nov. 6th...all those without 20's, 4.0's, and a cure for oral cancer, BELIEVE!!

What is the expected dress for the UNC Friday night social? Business casual or just casual as in jeans and a nice shirt?

Hello Everyone! I had my interview today and it was very laid back! Everyone from UNC made the experience very enjoyable! Just be yourself and know what makes you unique and you should be good. Very enjoyable process! Let me know if you have any questions.

As Howell said, it is a very enjoyable process. It was a great experience, and I would find myself very fortunate at the opportunity to attend such a great school, that's made up of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. It was nice meeting you all there.

just got my interview call today...i was reading about a pizza social on the Friday night before for a previous interview date. I have an interview at UF on that Friday, Nov. 5th and will most likely not be able to attend the social. Is this looked down upon?

just got my interview call today...i was reading about a pizza social on the Friday night before for a previous interview date. I have an interview at UF on that Friday, Nov. 5th and will most likely not be able to attend the social. Is this looked down upon?

There's nothing wrong with missing the social on the Friday. There are only current and prospective students there, no staff or faculty, so missing the social won't have an impact on your acceptance. Good luck with the interview, it was not stressful at all and pretty well organized.