UNC Feb 1st, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Blitzdt

Anybody in here waiting to hear from UNC on Feb 1st? I'm curious if i'm going to get in or not. It would be nice to have another school to consider:D. Is UNC your top pick?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm waiting for Feb 1st as well. It's the only place I've interviewed and is my first choice. Hope we both hear some good news then!

I'm waiting for Feb 1st as well. It's the only place I've interviewed and is my first choice. Hope we both hear some good news then!

I am still not 100% sure on where I'm going to go...I guess i'm still milking it. What do you like about UNC? By the way, UNC-undergrad is freaking sweet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup I am waiting to hear back on the 1st...I got into NOVA this week but UNC is my #1 choice plus I want to stay in-state so hopefully we all get a nice phone call from the admissions office on the 1st.

---Please Post on here when/if you recieve a call

Yup I am waiting to hear back on the 1st...I got into NOVA this week but UNC is my #1 choice plus I want to stay in-state so hopefully we all get a nice phone call from the admissions office on the 1st.

---Please Post on here when/if you recieve a call

How do you like NOVA...I feel bad that I will not be going to their interview on Feb 15th because I'm kindda broke

me to uncwdentist....i was accepted at NOVA this week but unc is my top choice!!! Can't wait till Feb. 1!!!!!!!!!

They said you have to be nominated by the committee. People must have left a good impression to get in.

UNC undergrad is freakin' awesome! I really enjoyed the entire atmosphere. The students were very friendly, honest, and made me feel comfortable there. The faculty I talked to were also pretty nice. What were all of your impressions?

I am waiting for Feb 1st as well. I keep seeing the word "Congratulation" on a piece of paper, but lets hope so. It would be nice to get in this year, so that I don't have to waste another year at ECU and also so that I don't have to worry about DAT. SAVE me GOD from all this hassle and give another type of hassle where I have to worry about dental school classes.

I'm waiting to hear too. Oh the suspense!

who in here got a good vibe from UNC? I thought I did just okay at the interview...i didn't completely sold myself like the other interviews...we'll wait and see :D

I got a different vibe from each of the people I interviewed with. It's so hard to tell what they think about how you did. I sure hope they think I did well though...

I am real anxious as well...feb 1st please come soon!!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey -

I'm an out-of-state applicant that interviewed 2 weeks ago... I understood (from other students) at the time that it could take anywhere from 2-8 weeks to hear back.

Do they have set dates for issuing acceptances?

Just wondering

Hey -

I'm an out-of-state applicant that interviewed 2 weeks ago... I understood (from other students) at the time that it could take anywhere from 2-8 weeks to hear back.

Do they have set dates for issuing acceptances?

Just wondering

it's feb 1st for the second wave of acceptances. After that they will take people off the waiting list. If my ears were not all waxed up at the time, I heard them said that they usually take about 6-7 people off the waiting list every year.

Cmon Feb. 1st!!! I just wanna know.........

The countdown begins: only 8 days left!
:oops:

countdown continues. 5 days left....
Good luck everyone!

countdown continues. 5 days left....
Good luck everyone!

it will not be long before they start calling:D. I didn't know unc is really cheap school...tough call for those who got in unc and their top choice. G'luck everyone:luck:

UNC is cheap and a great school too - so you're definitely getting a good deal for your money. Personally, there's no way I'd turn them down.

That is what they told us at the interview on Jan. 13...good luck to everyone! Hope we all get the news we want!

Are we sure its Feb 1st?? Has anyone confirmed it with the admissions office??

Yah that's what they told us, but it might be a day later if there's an ice storm. By the way, there will an ice storm on Thursday Feb 1st, at least that's what they said in the forecast. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Remember, not everyone who get accepted will attend so even if you don't get a call on feb 1st, you might get a call later; however, you chance will be dramatically decreased if you don't get a call on feb1st. G'luck :luck:

UNC is cheap and a great school too - so you're definitely getting a good deal for your money. Personally, there's no way I'd turn them down.

It's a tough call if you get in here and your top choice, and you're an instate student. Other schools I interviewed at are equally or more impressive! Since I live here and it's cheaper here, it would be a tough call.

i have also heard that they have called the afternoon of the adcom meeting in the past but this may also have been the date they listed as the date they would let applicants know, which isn't the case this year since the adcom meeting is 1/31 and the date they say they will let ppl know is 2/1. anyway, i would expect a call anytime b/t tomorrow afternoon and 2/2 (depending on the weather).

good luck to everyone, i can feel the tension building on this thread :)

I was accepted to my top three choices: UNC (Dec 1), Michigan (Jan 15), and Minnesota (Dec 1). I chose UNC for many reasons: One of the absolute top schools in the country, in a fantastic area, great weather, rock solid economic and population growth, and one of the lowest tuition setups in the country. play sports year-round outside...golf, tennis, mountain biking...etc.

I'm not in-state yet but I will be by 2nd term 1st year. I will be buying a house in NC and intend to practice in the state when complete. I look forward to meeting my fellow classmates soon. August 15th not that far away. GOOD LUCK TO THOSE STILL ON THE BUBBLE.

I was out of state at all my top three. My home state school OHSU didn't interest me as my wife and I wanted to get closer to family (midwest and southeast.)

Really looking forward to school. One of my mentors, the chief of omfs at OHSU, current editor-in-chief of the journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery, and a 10-year dean at U-Kentucky dental school...said that UNC is one of the absolute best schools in the country and he knew I got into Michigan.

CZ

PM me if you want to introduce yourself and are a CO/'11 Tarheel

Go where you are most comfortable. All of the schools that I interviewed at said that they're number 1 in the nation. Ultimately, it boils down to you and where do you want to stay and most importantly....the cost!

Today is the DAY!!! Everyone send good vibes to the committe as they deliberate!!!! GOOD LUCK to all

on dec. 1st, pearlywhite said that her aadsas was updated at like 7am or so in the morning, and she saw the update before getting the phone call, i think. so check aadsas tomorrow b/c you might get an update there before you hear from them. :luck: :luck:

But its UNC, I have never seen any updates from them on AADSAS.

YUP! my AADSAS was updated around 8 in the morning and I got the call around 8:30ish. I'm so excited for all you guys and gals. You better post when the first phone call comes!

HEHE....DANGGGG! they already made up their minds. Now, it's just posting the results.

But its UNC, I have never seen any updates from them on AADSAS.

from what i understand it went from blank to "accepted" if they made you an offer on dec. 1, so i guess tomorrw it will go from either blank to "accepted", "denied/rejected", or "waitlisted"----only time will tell!!!:D

I just called the UNC weather hotline, and it said all facilities are open today. I hope everyone gets THE phone call today, good luck!:luck:

has anyone heard anything yet??? I couldn't sleep all night!!! I am going crazy.

I'm going crazy too! I haven't heard anything yet...

I haven't heard anything either. I think maybe the weather is delaying things...Who knows. All I know is that everyone seems to be in the dark, me included. Good luck to everyone :oops:

hehe...everyone is going crazy!
Most of our classes at UNC are opened; however, some are cancelled! waaahhh hooo...one of my classes is cancelled! The school is opened.

I like the snow and all...I miss it being down here, but why today????

I feel ya munch....Its rare to see snow it our area but this just add to our anxiety of waiting....but hey enjoy the snow while it last and maybe we'll all get a call in a lil bit and we can celebrate by making a snowtooth! hehe

oh forgot to mention....people check your aadsas too! please post if you hear anything

still nothing? someone should call and see when the calls will go out

thats what I am waiting for...I am sure someone is going to get to excited and call soon!!!

thats what I am waiting for...I am sure someone is going to get to excited and call soon!!!

I called...but nobody picked up. I thought they were really busy so I called again and still no answer ahh...nerve wrecking :scared:

Man - I sure hope they're in today. I don't know if I can take waiting another day...:eek:

I spoke with someone at academic affairs this mornin g around 8:30am, and she said that the people who will be making the calls would be late to work due to the weather. :luck:

I got the call. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! two years waiting for me.