UNC Feb 1st, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have nothing but love for UNC too. I go to undergrad here and love it. Sadly I didn't get the lovin' I wanted from the d-school

Members don't see this ad.

yes it is....chat away. its not like anybody knows who you are. :)

i agree with thedon (as he used to be known, :p); i do not think this is a safe place to discuss certain things if you are worried about certain people seeing them. some people are better than others about protecting their identities ;).

HI DR. GUCKES!! :laugh:

i agree with thedon (as he used to be known, :p); i do not think this is a safe place to discuss certain things if you are worried about certain people seeing them. some people are better than others about protecting their identities ;).

HI DR. GUCKES!! :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:...hehe how do you know i'm Dr. Guckles???? now the secret is out.

There are some UNC people in here who know who I am personally, and they see me everyday. I've no idea how they found out my screen name. It's probably because I go around the campus and yelling "i'm the don".

Members don't see this ad :)
I do agree with y'all, and I was half-way kidding before. I think ll was saying hi to dr. guckes b/c he could just as easily be reading this as anybody else! I have been amazed how many people I have met that have been able to peg me as PW. Am I that obvious?!

If the waiting list is not rankend (ie... random)....in what way can it help if you talk to them?:confused::confused:
I personally know a couple of people from last year bugging the admission office on daily basis, and I do not believe that helped them. Maybe for other schools it does.

Lots of truth to that. Reality is, dealing with admission is just one of the myriad of jobs the admissions office has...and at this point in the year, admissions is minor compared to other things like preparing for graduation. They have better things to do that continually chat with applicants, unless there is a good reason to be contacting them.

Disclaimer: This is complete speculation and I have NO idea whether it is true or not and it is just a theory...

Maybe the waitlist is unranked b/c they want to see who doesn't accept. If an out of stater with some score doesn't accept then they pull a similar applicant off the waitlist with similar stat's and similar personality/characteristics experiences. So if Bob Smoe decided to go to California instead of UNC and he was a resident from Greensboro with 3 years of research experience and a quiet type they would pull a male from a similar sized hometown/college with similar research experience and a less extroverted disposition.
That is the ONLY reason that I can think of why the waitlist would be un-ranked. They are just trying to keep their diversity/student profile mix the same b/c the class chemistry is important.

Any other theories?

Um, not so much how it works. They don't try to arbitrarily match profiles...

Rather, there is a lot of emphasis placed on getting a class full of students who the administration feels will work well together. And in my experience, they did a pretty good job of it for my class and the classes currently enrolled.

yes it is....chat away. its not like anybody knows who you are. :)

Sure they do. Adcoms all over the country amuse themselves by reading posts of predents...and somehow things get out. Seriously. Besides, you know that some of the things on here have way more imagination than anything administrators could make up on their own.

Sheesh, I've become a thread hog. Sorry. :)

I do agree with y'all, and I was half-way kidding before. I think ll was saying hi to dr. guckes b/c he could just as easily be reading this as anybody else! I have been amazed how many people I have met that have been able to peg me as PW. Am I that obvious?!

maybe it's b/c of your pearly whites!! people see your smile and immediately think, "Wow, look at those intoxicating teeth, that can be none other than pearlywhite!!" :laugh: ;)

maybe it's b/c of your pearly whites!! people see your smile and immediately think, "Wow, look at those intoxicating teeth, that can be none other than pearlywhite!!" :laugh: ;)

well, there were only about 80 UNC people applied. The ones who got in usually are the dedicated ones...attending pre-dent club meeting...etc. So a lot of people know you that way. Plus, a little of personality from your posts and a bit of hint from your screen name....it is possible to guess:D. Can I guess who PW is? Are you in the Honors Program?...by the way...i suck at this.

Those that have been accepted, have you recieved your letter or an update on AADSAS, yet? I am just wondering if I dreamed that phone call last week?!?!?

Those that have been accepted, have you recieved your letter or an update on AADSAS, yet? I am just wondering if I dreamed that phone call last week?!?!?

got accepted but no update on aadsas

Yeah, I haven't got the letter yet either. maybe tomorrow. The deposit is due in 30 not 15, right?

No addsas update either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the payment due 30 days after we receive the letter or since the day we got the call?

Yeah, I haven't got the letter yet either. maybe tomorrow. The deposit is due in 30 not 15, right?

No addsas update either.

my daddio just called and told me there is no letter yet:rolleyes:
~ the deposit is 500 right? please don't tell me it's another 1k...where am I going to get money for beers :(

I heard the deposit is $500 and due around the beginning of March. I also just heard that the letter hasnt gone out yet.

REMEMBER THAT FASFA IS DUE FEB 15 FOR UNC!!!!!

I heard the deposit is $500 and due around the beginning of March. I also just heard that the letter hasnt gone out yet.

REMEMBER THAT FASFA IS DUE FEB 15 FOR UNC!!!!!

march the 1st for fasfa. call again to comfirm that somebody....

by the way...UNC! UNC! UNC! dook sucks!

I know it happened last night, but...

WOOHOO!!! UNC bball baby! Woot woot! Go 2 hell DOOK!!

well, there were only about 80 UNC people applied. The ones who got in usually are the dedicated ones...attending pre-dent club meeting...etc. So a lot of people know you that way. Plus, a little of personality from your posts and a bit of hint from your screen name....it is possible to guess:D. Can I guess who PW is? Are you in the Honors Program?...by the way...i suck at this.

I'm not in the honors program and i'm not even in the pre-dental club...
and i'm okay with the fact that my theory about the waitlist was wrong...i was just amusing myself at work! however, i totally understand the chemistry aspect, i like the fact that unc seems to care about the people/personality aspect of admissions...
i hope to one day be on the adcom and then amuse myself more playing on sdn and trying to figure the pre-dents out!

oh..and...GO TO HELL DUKE!

Guess I wasnt dreaming, got the AADSAS update today, now just need the letter!

Guess I wasnt dreaming, got the AADSAS update today, now just need the letter!
same here...omg they updated aadsas! lol
now...my letter, please?:D

hey...Ptool...have you done your fafsa yet? I thought they told me it's due march 1st and not feb 15th.

doing my fafsa stuff this weekend.
I had a buddy accepted in Dec, said it is due feb 15 so UNC would get it by the march 1 deadline.
sooner the better, just to be safe.

Has anyone got their acceptance package in the mail yet? If so, when is the deposit due by? Thanks.

I haven't gotten the packet yet but I called yesterday and they said the deposit will be due March 1st.

How about that Weak Forest game? 104 to 67. We ain't even trying!

'57 and '82 national champs at the game! Woohoo!! MJ, Perkins, Worthy, and many, many more :D

Were you there? Did you go and see the car MJ drove?

'57 and '82 national champs at the game! Woohoo!! MJ, Perkins, Worthy, and many, many more :D

Were you there? Did you go and see the car MJ drove?
uhmm...the lottery system hates me. I have not gotten any tickets this year. Fortunately, my friend shared one with me. What kindda car was MJ driving? I know it cant be my camry 94 with a huge a$$ dent on the back.:laugh::laugh:

uhmm...the lottery system hates me. I have not gotten any tickets this year. Fortunately, my friend shared one with me. What kindda car was MJ driving? I know it cant be my camry 94 with a huge a$$ dent on the back.:laugh::laugh:

Haha, the lottery hates me too...I haven't won any tix either....Just got lucky with a friend who couldn't go. It was a brand new deep red Bentley. Woo wee!

i got the package from UNC at home. Somebody is going to bring it up here for me:D. Man, I want to know who you guys are...

Check all that apply to you: Pielak, Burgoon, Tiani, Waters, Morken, Dolan, Rowan, Glish,

Has anyone been gotten their acceptance packets yet? I'm still waiting, but do live in Utah.

So how many of you guys are accepting UNC offer and/or attending UNC-SOD for sure?

Doesnt her name start with an M...if it is i know who she is and this was in Dec 1st so that spot is not there anymore, she already turn UNC down. Man seriously I know way too many applicants from UNC. Some are ridiculousy smart and some are well...blahhhh but yeah UNC is a great school and really cheap if you're instate..goodluck with everything! :)

Doesnt her name start with an M...if it is i know who she is and this was in Dec 1st so that spot is not there anymore, she already turn UNC down. Man seriously I know way too many applicants from UNC. Some are ridiculousy smart and some are well...blahhhh but yeah UNC is a great school and really cheap if you're instate..goodluck with everything! :)

lol...did any of the blahhhs got in? I don't think i'm ridiculously smart or a blahhh....but I think i'm fun and luvin', so I got in:D. I believe they like non-science majors who get As in hard science classes at UNC and did well on the DAT.
Edit: due to a pathetic reason

Thats your opinion...and yes I agree with you about people lying their stats out but hey from what I see a couple of them got in just fine. Looks like you got around 18-19 DAT and 3.5 GPA anthropology which is UNC average so props to you for getting in and being an anthro major and jugding from some of your old post, you seem sort of cocky and insensitive so I don't know about the fun and loving part (I might say in reserve of my opinion). Furthermore, its not always about stats that get people in. You can have the best numbers, but some other factors of your application might be missing in addition to other factors that YOU can't control. (i.e who u get as your interviewer during your interview and how well you click with them, your demographics, your race etc...). With that being said, there are some that get in due to merit and some that get in due to connections or their status, thats how things work in life which explains why applicant X gets into Y school but not Z school while application W gets into Z school but not into Y school. But again, congratulations on your acceptance i am sure you worked hard at UNC to get those numbers :D

Thats your opinion...and yes I agree with you about people lying their stats out but hey from what I see a couple of them got in just fine. Looks like you got around 18-19 DAT and 3.5 GPAof your old post, you seem sort of cocky and insensitive so I don't know about the fun and loving part (I might say in reserve of my opinion). Furthermore, its not always about stats that get people in. You can have the best numbers, but some other factors of your application might be missing in addition to other factors that YOU can't control. (i.e who u get as your interviewer during your interview and how well you click with them, your demographics, your race etc...). With that being said, there are some that get in due to merit and some that get in due to connections or their status, thats how things work in life which explains why applicant X gets into Y school but not Z school while application W gets into Z school but not into Y school. But again, congratulations on your acceptance i am sure you worked hard at UNC to get those numbers :D

By the way, I want to apologize to anyone I've offended (did I offend anyone, except this guy?). Sometimes you just want to get your point accross and you sound cocky without knowing it. I always try to be nice to everyone. By the way, I had 3.64 GPA with 3.54 science, my first DAT was mainly 19s to 20s (with one 18), my second DAT later on was 21AA/17PAT (you can see it on predents). I did not send in my second DAT to UNC and I got in. Like I said, I'm not one of those outstanding smart people.
On a much more personal note, I do not appreciate what you are doing; taking your bitterness out on me. I know exactly who you are (the new screen name doesn't fool me). It's a shame that you go here and act like you did. I don't come in here make up some low stats and half baked stories about you. What do you have against me? and why are you stalking me ever since you got on SDN? I'm nice to everyone, but sometimes I got to take a stand against people like you. Grow up and act like a true Tar Heel. Have a good day!

uh oh somebody is getting mad...:laugh: dude chill, breathe a little bit. Props to you man for your hardwork I was only making a point. I never said you don't deserve it lol smile more you're about to become a dentist :love:

uh oh somebody is getting mad...:laugh: dude chill, breathe a little bit. Props to you man for your hardwork I was only making a point. I never said you don't deserve it lol smile more you're about to become a dentist :love:

You may not have explicitly said anything... but you did call him cocky and insensitive. And, I can understand why he would be upset. I know this guy, and personally, I know that he definitely isn't cocky about his accomplishments or lack thereof :(.

So did anyone who got in decide not to go to UNC?