UNC Feb 1st, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think they go in alphabetical order? What letter does your last name start with??

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!! :cool: you're set...I hope to get a call in a little bit too :rolleyes:

I got the call. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! two years waiting for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! :thumbup:

I hope to be getting the call as well...hopefully soon and before class starts

anybody else??? he posted over two hours ago, someone else had to have gotten a call by now if he did.

Hey focus, Did they update your Aadsas as well?

did they update AADSAS?

me 2...and i'm out of state!!! i cant believe it...congrats...and good luck to everyone else
i got the call a little after 11:00 and i tried calling them back but they've been busy so they're prolly still making calls

Congrats Focus! I'm pumped for you!!! I bet your family is pumped too! Seriously has anybody else heard good news? I can't imagine that they've only called 1 sdn'er in 3 hours!!!

Hi folks,

i've been away making phone calls. To answer some of your questions: No addsas update, i don't think they are calling by alphabetical order (last name not early in alphabet), and they called my cell. Be patient folks I'm sure some or all of you will be getting a call soon. Hang in there and good luck!

Thanks Pearlywhite! see you next year. Also, I got the call around 11:30 AM so it hasn't been that long ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
was anyone else's call kind of weird, example:
caller: you've been accepted to unc
me: REALLY?
caller: yea (hang up)

i thought a lil bizarre but i guess they were very busy, just made me laugh though. btw, does anyone know how long we have to decide?

Hey focus are you instate or out of state? and to answer DMB kid question, I think the deposit for this round of admission is Feb 15th...so about a half a month to decide...

was anyone else's call kind of weird, example:
caller: you've been accepted to unc
me: REALLY?
caller: yea (hang up)

i thought a lil bizarre but i guess they were very busy, just made me laugh though. btw, does anyone know how long we have to decide?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
That was lame. My acceptance calls were a lot more fun. They celebrated with me. I was like waaaa hoooo....and they laughed, and waaaa hoooo back.

is it 1000 like other schools? also wuts the policy with sending multipe deposits...is it allowed or jsut discouraged, i dont think i can make that decision in 2 weeks.

is it 1000 like other schools? also wuts the policy with sending multipe deposits...is it allowed or jsut discouraged, i dont think i can make that decision in 2 weeks.

It was around 1,000 to 2,500 for the schools that I got accepted. There are people who deposit at multiple schools. I was thinking about doing that but I decided not to because I came to my decision. 2 weeks is a lot of time, try to decide before then and save some money for beers. Inside, you sorta know where you want to be already.

think all calls have been made! it shouldn't take more than 2 hrs to call

ignore my call out in the PM!!! I didn't realize that other's had heard too. Congratuations to all of you- I'm stoked!!!

blitz are you going?

Are they fin!ished accepted ALL UNC dental students this year?? have they updated AADSAS?
I didn't get a call and can't said I am not shock with a 3.89 science gpa and a 4.00 non science gpa.
my dat is 21 AA, 22 ts and 1 PAT. I guess it might be b/c my reading is a 17 which is way below average. but anyways are you guys all sure UNC is finish calling for good??? I call them twice and no one pick up the phone... HELP!

sorry 18 on PAT NOT 1, sorry!!! i work so hard can't believe this...

I am also in state thats another reason why i am shock! :(

UNC isn't done calling. I was told that Terry is in a Dean's meeting and will finish making the calls when she gets back.:luck:

it took me 1 month to figure it out. Case!:D
I know a couple of people there, and they're loving it :p.

pearly...do you go to UNC?

I graduated this past May from UNC and I now work at the dental school. I'm a tarheel born and bred!

UNC isn't done calling. I was told that Terry is in a Dean's meeting and will finish making the calls when she gets back.:luck:

I actually was told this morning by somebody that they would call this afternoon and even through tomorrow. I wouldn't worry yet!

hehe i'm just assuming that they're done calling...which is reasonable because it shouldn't take 3 hrs to call. Especially, those are extremely short phone calls. Hey, keep you chin up...they still take people off the waiting list. I think, they usually take around 7 off the waiting list.

40 phone calls...let's say 1-2 minutes each. That should be less than 1.5 hrs. Darn! I'm jumping to the conclusion :).

thanks for the reply. THey will be finish calling by today right?? will they call tommorrow?? anyone know?
I had a friend at UNC right now that got her call on Feb 3 last year which i think was kind of odd...but I am just really scared they don't want me. If I don't get in I have to retake the DAT and I hate it!!!

scout 6 is UNC your first choice?

pearlywhite I saw your stats on www.predents.com you must be really smart! You even got an interview to columbia, which is in my opinion better then UNC. :) but i didn't apply there b/c at the time i didn't know what my DAT would be and I am not usually a good test taker...
VCU does suck, they interview one person from NC according to www.predents.com and that person's stats is very low compare to yours and mine!! I think VCU sucks!!

pearlywhite I saw your stats on www.predents.com you must be really smart! You even got an interview to columbia, which is in my opinion better then UNC. :) but i didn't apply there b/c at the time i didn't know what my DAT would be and I am not usually a good test taker...
VCU does suck, they interview one person from NC according to www.predents.com and that person's stats is very low compare to yours and mine!! I think VCU sucks!!

Haha! Thanks SCH! Blah to VCU- when I called to ask about my status sometime early in the process they told me that i wouldn't want to go there anyway, and that I shouldn't bother. The ADCOM told me this?! honestly, i sometimes think getting into schools is a crap shoot! Also, I really wouldn't start to worry just yet, Teri has to take lunch, she has meetings and etc. etc. But honestly, is anything anybody says on this forum going to stop you from worrying?! probably not, and I don't blame you- it is nerve racking to be waiting for that call. If I didn't hear by tomorrow night is when I would really start to worry b/c I thought they were even going to call through tomorrow morning!

thanks for the reply Pearlywhite. VCU also told me when I call that they don't like accepting NC students b/c they usually paid their deposits and then NOT show up! they told me that when I called.

I feel better now that you said UNC is calling later on today and maybe tommorrw... I first I thought they finish at 1:30 too...

Its not that I am worried its just that if I don't get in I will feel cheated b/c not to name any names here, but some girl from my undergrad have LOWER dat scores, and LOWER gpa then me and got accepted in DEC 1. I think she got in b/c she is from stanley county a very ghetto place and her aunt also graduated from UNC Dental school. but she got in on DEC 1.

While my GPA and DAT is not the best ever, but its way better then hers so if i don't get in I will FEEL so cheated...

I graduated this past May from UNC and I now work at the dental school. I'm a tarheel born and bred!
I got a question....If I go to undergrad here and go to another school for dental school...what would that make me? half-bred or half-baked?:D

thanks for the reply Pearlywhite. VCU also told me when I call that they don't like accepting NC students b/c they usually paid their deposits and then NOT show up! they told me that when I called.

I feel better now that you said UNC is calling later on today and maybe tommorrw... I first I thought they finish at 1:30 too...

Its not that I am worried its just that if I don't get in I will feel cheated b/c not to name any names here, but some girl from my undergrad have LOWER dat scores, and LOWER gpa then me and got accepted in DEC 1. I think she got in b/c she is from stanley county a very ghetto place and her aunt also graduated from UNC Dental school. but she got in on DEC 1.

While my GPA and DAT is not the best ever, but its way better then hers so if i don't get in I will FEEL so cheated...

I'm sorry...i didn't mean to scare you. From the last posts when they were calling for the interviews...it seemed like they stopped calling around 1 or 2pm. I shouldn't draw the analogy because this is different.

i think you'd be a tarheel mutt. only 1/2 purebred and 1/2 something else!

its okay! :) It would make more since if they finished at 1:30. finishing tommorrow does seem werid to me too. b/c its only 40 people...
are you going to case for sure, even if you get into UNC??
GOD I hope I get in. How did you do on your DAT? whats your Gpa, if you don't mind sharing. I am sure its good if you got into other places already. :)

just talked to them and they said they are in a meeting and will make more calls this afternoon

hooray for your investigative report. have you heard good news yet uncw?

its okay! :) It would make more since if they finished at 1:30. finishing tommorrow does seem werid to me too. b/c its only 40 people...
are you going to case for sure, even if you get into UNC??
GOD I hope I get in. How did you do on your DAT? whats your Gpa, if you don't mind sharing. I am sure its good if you got into other places already. :)

I was totally impressed when I was at Case and the primary reason I like that school so much is because of the new curriculum; pass and fail system and small groups work. I feel like I can learn a lot more from that environment because it is less stressful. Also, the facilitites there are flawless. I can learn better in that environment. On the other hand, UNC is here and it's cheaper. Hard to decided. My science GPA and non-science GPA is higher than the admitted GPA and the DAT is right on. I'm an anthropology major at UNC.

i have been waiting on good news from UNC for 2 years now...but I did get accepted to NOVA with a 20/20/18 and dual degrees in BIO/CHM...we will see i guess in the next couple of hours though if I will be living in FL or NC...I would like to stay in NC

Damnnnnnnn.....i Got In!
WAHOOOOOOOOO! i might not go here...but it feels freaking great to hear from them.

THEY ARE STILL CALLING.....

i have been waiting on good news from UNC for 2 years now...but I did get accepted to NOVA with a 20/20/18 and dual degrees in BIO/CHM...we will see i guess in the next couple of hours though if I will be living in FL or NC...I would like to stay in NC

Congratulations on Nova...it has got to feel good just to know you're going to be a dentist in four years! I hope the best for unc though!

In what order are they calling?? most qualified to least?? what??

Damnnnnnnn.....i Got In!
WAHOOOOOOOOO! i might not go here...but it feels freaking great to hear from them.

THEY ARE STILL CALLING.....

Congrads!! :) The pass or fail system does sound better though... I would pick pass or fail. I wish UNC was pass or fail...

In what order are they calling?? most qualified to least?? what??
I just got a call from a lady like 5 mins ago...i think they're doing it randomly. Boy! they really loved me at the interview.

did they tell you you score high on the interveiw??

did they tell you you score high on the interveiw??

hehe naw! since it's 30-30-40. the 40% is for the interview...i thought i must have done well in it. I'm pretty good with talking to people so that helped a lot. It explains why there are people who have 24+ and 4.0 and didn't get in. Don't worry, they are still calling. They are looking for the the whole package, not just scores alone.