UNECOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thx! interview is tomorrow. i was plannin on leavin earlier this morning but had to finish up a couple of things.

and now im on SDN wasting time haha

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone.

I am trying to pull together some materials for an interview later this month at UNE. Has anyone been able to find a match list for UNE? I quickly searched their website, but came out empty handed. Also has anyone had an interview at UNE and could tell me what to expect?

On another note, I hope everyone is getting good news and interview invites. If not hang in there it is still very early!

Thank you

good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
for anyone interested, just got back from my interview at unecom today.

it definitely was pretty chill and even the faculty were saying that they dont believe in having stress interviews. there was about 12 of us, and interviews took about 30 mins+ per person. the format was either 2 interviewers per interviewee or 3 interviewers per interviewee. personally for me, i had 3 interviewers and all 3 were familiar with my file

overall, i got a great impression of UNECOM. very scenic, everyone was very friendly, and i believe u can really get a great medical education there. and i dont think anyone in my group uses SDN haha

gl to all those interviewing! they told my group we would hear back in 3-4 weeks i believe

Yeah, I think we're the only two of their applicants who use SDN.

The school was great though, right? I had three interviewers as well. How it went, I'm not sure. I thought it went well down in Bradenton, but that didn't turn out as well as we hoped. Maybe it's a good sign that I DON'T feel good about the interview yesterday? :rolleyes: Time will tell I suppose....

ahh thats right! i forgot you were interviewing the same day. for some reason i thought ur interview was next week or something. definitely thought the school was great as well.

as far as the interview, it def gets intimidating when there's 3 people there. i too am not sure how it went. hope u get in!

my secondary was cpmplete in july and still no news from them.
I am OOS.

i never got an email saying i was complete or anything. i did call to make sure they received everything

for anyone interested, just got back from my interview at unecom today.

it definitely was pretty chill and even the faculty were saying that they dont believe in having stress interviews. there was about 12 of us, and interviews took about 30 mins+ per person. the format was either 2 interviewers per interviewee or 3 interviewers per interviewee. personally for me, i had 3 interviewers and all 3 were familiar with my file

overall, i got a great impression of UNECOM. very scenic, everyone was very friendly, and i believe u can really get a great medical education there. and i dont think anyone in my group uses SDN haha

gl to all those interviewing! they told my group we would hear back in 3-4 weeks i believe
Thanks for sharing.

i never got an email saying i was complete or anything. i did call to make sure they received everything
are you from MAINE or out of state?

Last edited:
out of state. i believe there is no in-state preference for this school. i also submitted the app really really early

out of state. i believe there is no in-state preference for this school. i also submitted the app really really early

thanks. Did they call or sent email?
I was also complete in early July.

email. the only school i've received an actual call for an interview was lecom-bradenton. all the other ones have been via email.

thanks. Did they call or sent email?
I was also complete in early July.

I was complete around 8/18. How long should it take? I'm getting a tiny bit nervous. What questions did they ask in the interview?

If I get into another school before I have my interview there, Do i have to accept in 30 days of they accepting me?

Members don't see this ad :)
not sure how long it'll take if u just submitted in aug. in regards to the questions, it was some pretty standard stuff and things related to my application. and as i mentioned earlier, they told my group that we would hear back within 3-4 weeks about a decision.

Hey, I'm also from the Sept. 14th interview date. I had the other group of interviewers, one guy and one girl. To my surprise, the man interviewing me was the founder of the school ! Personally, I thought it was my toughest interview yet, not because they were asking hard questions, but because while you are being asked one question by one person, the other one was already ready to ask you another:scared: Overall, expect a short day though...:p

Oh, and be prepared to talk about your research and clinical experiences, that was their focus:rolleyes:

Hey, I'm also from the Sept. 14th interview date. I had the other group of interviewers, one guy and one girl. To my surprise, the man interviewing me was the founder of the school ! Personally, I thought it was my toughest interview yet, not because they were asking hard questions, but because while you are being asked one question by one person, the other one was already ready to ask you another:scared: Overall, expect a short day though...:p

oh wow, that must definitely have been intimidating to have the founder interviewing u! it definitly was a short day but it seemed like they really try to get to kno the person especially because they spent at least 30 mins per interview. and it sounds like it was open file for everybody. i think i may have fumbled around on some of the questions regarding how you would react in certain instances. those questions were pretty straightforward tho

I just got an interview invite! So happy right now its ridiculous. For all those wondering, I was complete Sept. 15

**runs around joyfully**

I just got an interview invite! So happy right now its ridiculous. For all those wondering, I was complete Sept. 15

**runs around joyfully**

:thumbup::thumbup:

When will it be? They must've been waiting for you to have turned your app around so fast.

:thumbup::thumbup:

When will it be? They must've been waiting for you to have turned your app around so fast.

Its for Oct. 19th, which is kinda crazy as I have another interview for Oct. 20th in NY. Definitely trying to plan out the logistics right now.

Yeah, it was so fast that I'm hoping its not a mistake e-mail . There's a little part of me that is scared that they'll come into work on Monday and say" oops didn't didn't mean to send that!"

Wow, if only the other schools acted as quickly.....

Its for Oct. 19th, which is kinda crazy as I have another interview for Oct. 20th in NY. Definitely trying to plan out the logistics right now.

Yeah, it was so fast that I'm hoping its not a mistake e-mail . There's a little part of me that is scared that they'll come into work on Monday and say" oops didn't didn't mean to send that!"

Wow, if only the other schools acted as quickly.....

What were your stats, if you don't mind postal? GRATZ ON THE INTERVIEW, I know you have been waiting :) !!!

I submitted my app uber early too, probably the 3rd or 4th day after secondary was released, and haven't heard a peep. Though there may not be any in-state preference, I feel there may be a preference towards northeasterners, one which I am not. lol

I submitted my app uber early too, probably the 3rd or 4th day after secondary was released, and haven't heard a peep. Though there may not be any in-state preference, I feel there may be a preference towards northeasterners, one which I am not. lol
from their site:
Do you accept students from outside of New England?
As an independent private institution, the UNE College of Osteopathic Medicine accepts students from around the United State and the world. In keeping with the mission of the institution, generally 60-70 percent of the accepted class is from New England. There are also many students from California, Colorado, Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.

from their site:
Do you accept students from outside of New England?
As an independent private institution, the UNE College of Osteopathic Medicine accepts students from around the United State and the world. In keeping with the mission of the institution, generally 60-70 percent of the accepted class is from New England. There are also many students from California, Colorado, Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.

ah, theory confirmed. looks like i'll just have to wait and see what happens with UNE.

I interviewed with 3 people at once. All 3 were very nice and friendly. Good luck to all!!

im sure you will! at least you'll have a better chance at some of those west coast schools that have give preference to students from that area of the US

gl bradtech and congrats on the interview invite Postal!

For future reference, http://une.edu/com/admissions/procedures.cfm.

"Still, all prospective students are encouraged to apply for admission. Approximately 60 percent of the each class is from the New England states; and approximately 20 percent are from the northeast states of New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania; and the remaining members of the class are from around the country."

Out of region folks make up approximately 20 percent of the class. That's neither good nor bad, but there it is in writing from their website.

I'm not from the northeast. Not even close to there. I received an interview invite for October yesterday. I was complete in August.

Describe your particular interest in attending the UNE-COM and any contact you have had with UNE-COM students, alumni, faculty or clinicians, admissions/student affairs staff members, etc. How did these interactions influence your decision to apply?

Can anyone explain to me the benefits of going to UNECOM?

Last edited:
#1: you get to go to medical school
#2: if you pass, you will get a valid medical degree

i hope you don't think people are going to write your secondary for you. search for "pros and cons of your do school" in the search box, and visit UNE's website. that should give you some good information

i agree with DoctorJDO. Also, why would people tell you what to write if they plan to apply to UNE-COM too. While people on here do help each other, it also wouldnt be smart of someone to help you when you are competing with them. Just saying....

i agree with DoctorJDO. Also, why would people tell you what to write if they plan to apply to UNE-COM too. While people on here do help each other, it also wouldnt be smart of someone to help you when you are competing with them. Just saying....
dang... i was hoping someone would help him out so i could copy and paste this for my secondary LOL just playin

You want to become a doctor and can't even make a small effort to go into the website and see what the school is all about? GTFO.

I'm hoping this is a troll because that would be more sensible.

I'm a 9/30 interview invite as well. 3.9sGPA 3.8cGPA 28S MCAT. I'm from New England and have heard nothing but great things about the school, except for the price of course. But the cost of living should be more reasonable than say a bigger city like NY, Chicago, DC etc.. My interview time is at noon as well! How early should I show up?

No actually; I have a long list of contending schools, found that this was an essay question through searching the forums and wondered if anyone can elaborate on the benefits of the school, seeing as I have a sum 20+ schools to choose from. But alas, I am responded with "FIND OUT YOURSELFs". Thank you anyway.

Thanks! I'm so excited!

You interviewed last week? Did you like the campus?

I interviewed last week and loved the campus. I am from Texas and loved the weather. Everyone was very nice and helpful.

For anyone who has already interviewed, how long did the whole day take?? I'm excited about my interview here soon :)

it wasn't that long. I was out by 12ish.

anyone hear back from this school yet??

Nothing yet. Still waiting with bated breath. Not expecting much though - I don't think my interview went so well. But who knows. Besides, I hear the Carribean is lovely.... :rolleyes:

Nothing yet. Still waiting with bated breath. Not expecting much though - I don't think my interview went so well. But who knows. Besides, I hear the Carribean is lovely.... :rolleyes:

haha, im sure u won't have to go that route. i think they said we would hear back within 3-4 weeks?

So I'm wicked excited to interview tomorrow. I'm also interested in seeing the town a little after the interview and if anyone cares to join in let me know. Meeting SDNers in real life is always cool.

anyone get an admission decisions yet? Curious as to how long us interviewees yesterday are going to have to wait...if no ones heard back yet I would expect the comittee would be meeting soon since one of the students said they meet every other friday. I think they still snail mail decisions though so we will still have to wait anyways.

so im guessing we're finding out this week about their decisions. anyone know if its suppose to be by phone call or snail mail??