University of Illinois c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thread so quiet... are we all just holding our breath or what??? ;)

I mean... I am....
Haha I just don't want to say anything or ask anything very serious until I hear! I don't wanna jinx myself...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully they will actually get the letters sent by tomorrow like Dr. Foreman said... But probably not with how things have been going haha. Must. Be. Patient.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah... I'm hoping so. I know they are dealing with a lot right now. Most days I can ignore and forget... but I have to try really hard. :p

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully they will actually get the letters sent by tomorrow like Dr. Foreman said... But probably not with how things have been going haha. Must. Be. Patient.

I really hope they do! Dr. Foreman said they would send it out by tomorrow but could be earlier, so I hope that at least means not later. But I could be wrong LOL

Not gonna lie when I got a notification that someone had posted on here, I started to freak out for a second because I thought one of you had gotten something in the mail today

Reactions: 5 users
Not gonna lie when I got a notification that someone had posted on here, I started to freak out for a second because I thought one of you had gotten something in the mail today

Same here! I am OOS so I am watching for when IS start to get their letters!

I figured!!!! I thought about that too and then I felt bad. :p

I figured!!!! I thought about that too and then I felt bad. :p
Yeah, don't feel bad. It is good for us to get our feelings out or we might explode haha. This is a rough time...
I am just going crazy because out of all the schools I applied to, my #1 school is the last one to let me know their decision! :arghh:

Reactions: 3 users
Been a lurker for about 3 years now, first time OOS applicant... 25 y/o, really ready to start in on vet school. U of I and Auburn are my top (and only) two - Auburn interview in March! Really cannot wait much longer for these letters!!!

I'm so anxious!!!! I just wanna know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students provide insight on when we will receive our loans for living expenses? Trying to stay busy and look into potential living arrangements for the summer rather than fret about decisions. Knowing how long my savings need to last would be fantastic!! Thanks!

Can any current students provide insight on when we will receive our loans for living expenses? Trying to stay busy and look into potential living arrangements for the summer rather than fret about decisions. Knowing how long my savings need to last would be fantastic!! Thanks!

It seems you get them within a few weeks of school starting. This spring semester, they were disbursed on January 8th or something, so we didn't even need to wait for class to start. I didn't even fill out my FAFSA until August last year (cause it doesn't matter for loans; they'll give you all the monies then lol) and got the disbursement by mid-September

As far as I'm aware, a week or two before school starts. I've gotten my disbursements at the beginning (like the first week) of August/January each year.

Another question related to finances that might be dumb... are the campus fees yearly or is just for the first year?

I believe today should be the day the letters get sent!!! Or at least someone knows our fates, good luck to all :luck:

Reactions: 7 users
If anyone needs me, I will literally be standing by my mailbox for the next few days....

Reactions: 6 users
Checking this thread every now & then & looking out the window like...
https://goo.gl/images/u8Az8s
NWFDC1q.gif

(PS I like your new avatar!)

Southern Illinois resident here. Just got my mail and no letter today.

Reactions: 2 users
I was, I graduated in 2015. I work as a veterinary technician in Carbondale now, #old
Haha you're not old! I took a year and a half off after high school so I'm actually older than most of my classmates. Hopefully we get our letters Monday. I feel like, if I'm going to get a rejection it'd be convenient to have it on Monday bc I'll already be feeling sh***y Signing off for the weekend. Good luck and I hope you have good news to share with the thread Monday!

LOL, thanks! I was inspired by everyone else's. Though I love me some science dog.
8ae69826ffe52bbbf11ae311fd7c37dc.jpg

I bet you're just over there juggling some rocks, eh @SkiOtter ??? :p
I really love how many memes my school mascot has been turned into :laugh:

@ShelterMedFTW and @pcram93 good to know I won't be the only one who isn't bearly old enough to drink in c/o 2021 :rolleyes:
I wish you both and everyone else the best of luck, hopefully Monday the waiting game is over for some of us :xf:

@ShelterMedFTW and @pcram93 good to know I won't be the only one who isn't bearly old enough to drink in c/o 2021 :rolleyes:
I wish you both and everyone else the best of luck, hopefully Monday the waiting game is over for some of us :xf:

The youngest person in our class turned 21 in September. Our oldest is 44. Massive range.

when your school's mailman knows your expecting a letter, so he messages you to let you know you have a letter, but it wasn't the letter you were expecting. *sigh*

I keep checking my mailbox hoping they've sorted mail by now... Nothing yet, fingers crossed today is the day! :soexcited:

here's hoping for tomorrow!

I keep checking the accepted students page on the website just to see if they've updated it for 2021. I feel like they would update it before sending out decisions... but who knows!

They updated it with 2020's stats? They hadn't done that when I checked in Octoberish...

I'm starting to think my parents are more nervous than I am because I got out of class to a text from my mom saying "no mail yet". Shes done this every day the last week........

Reactions: 4 users
I'm starting to think my parents are more nervous than I am because I got out of class to a text from my mom saying "no mail yet". Shes done this every day the last week........

My husband does the same. :laugh:

Yep this is the letter than could be mailed to me or my parents and my mother is tense

Well.. No letter in Western Pennsylvania today. :shrug: