University of Illinois c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am IS too and haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Still nothing... That's really unfortunate...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a schedule for the day with any tour times or info sessions planned? I'm IS and still haven't gotten my time but just wondering if I should plan on being there early anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if there is a schedule for the day with any tour times or info sessions planned? I'm IS and still haven't gotten my time but just wondering if I should plan on being there early anyway.

Their interview day on their website i think is somewhat up to date.

Still nothing... That's really unfortunate...

I haven't heard anything either. Kind of unfortunate, especially since I go to school in MN can't entirely plan on what day I will be driving back. :/

I'm OOS and I haven't heard- I sent an email today (politely) asking for confirmation they'd received my emails and when we would be hearing and they emailed me back to say they are "currently working on the interview schedule and will email it out as soon as it is complete".

I'm hoping this means by the end of tomorrow's business day.

Reactions: 1 users
Their interview day on their website i think is somewhat up to date.

I haven't heard anything either. Kind of unfortunate, especially since I go to school in MN can't entirely plan on what day I will be driving back. :/

I'm very glad I am not OOS because I cannot imagine the stress of not knowing what time you interview is it is causing you! I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Even I'm already getting a bit anxious not knowing my time (because i need to submit absence forms and what not for my lab i'm missing) and I'm an undergrad at U of I--and that's significantly less stressful than making long drives.
hopefully we get emails tomorrow :)

IS just got mine! 2:15 pm! see you guys there :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my interview time email. 3:40 pm IS

IS interviewing at 2:15!
Any current students know how long each interview typically is?

IS interviewing at 2:15!
Any current students know how long each interview typically is?

They varied greatly. I know in my class who had ten minute interviews, while mine was about 35 minutes.

Mine was ~10-15 min. I remember coming back to where my dad was sitting and the look on his face freaked me out because he thought I must have blown it. So don't assume that your short interview means it went poorly!

Reactions: 3 users
Or a long interview mean you did well. Mine went that long because of my questions that got turned into tangents

Hey everyone, my offer still stands to take you around on chill tours this weekend! Just let me know and we can set something up!

So.. I am assuming since this is a closed file, behavioral interview they most likely will not ask questions about our Zika virus essay. What do you guys think?

So.. I am assuming since this is a closed file, behavioral interview they most likely will not ask questions about our Zika virus essay. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking no.

When they say behavioral are the questions like "Tell me a time when..." format or are they more scenario based questions?

I'm thinking no.

When they say behavioral are the questions like "Tell me a time when..." format or are they more scenario based questions?

We can't tell you what questions we were asked. But they were similar to other questions I was asked at other interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck everyone, rock your interviews tomorrow! Make sure you get plenty of sleep so you are refreshed/well rested in the morning. Also just remember to be yourself, (don't say what you think they want you to say). They want to know the real you and see if you are a fit in our program. See you tomorrow, I am on the Q/A panel during lunch so ask if you have any questions! :)

Reactions: 2 users
The schedule says tours are 11:30 to 1:00 tomorrow. I'm assuming they are rolling style where you can go on a tour anytime between this time period?

The schedule says tours are 11:30 to 1:00 tomorrow. I'm assuming they are rolling style where you can go on a tour anytime between this time period?

We are signed up to give tours from 12-3.... So yeah, they're on a rolling basis every 15 minutes to half an hour (depending on how many of us were available since we still have class).

We are signed up to give tours from 12-3.... So yeah, they're on a rolling basis every 15 minutes to half an hour (depending on how many of us were available since we still have class).

Okay good to know thanks

Okay good to know thanks

And depending on how many of us are available, we could potentially do earlier tours. We're kind of making this up on the fly. Lol. The snow storm last week cancelled our meeting.

Today is the big day! Best of luck to everyone! :soexcited:

good luck to everyone interviewing!

tumblr_inline_nvuh1krbCd1qb0zgx_500.gif

Good luck to everyone else!

Good luck everyone! I won't be able to really come say hi to y'all but sending good vibes from afar. My group has junior surgery this week so I'll be busy all day.

Congratulations to everybody today for interviewing! I bet everyone did wonderfully and I hope to be class mates with you guys :)

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you everyone for coming out! You made missing histo and anatomy totes worth it!

The school was wonderful! Really hoping for an acceptance!!

I was at the front so I definitely could! Great job!

Thanks! Are you one of the people who asked if I was on SDN? A couple of people asked.

Hope you all had a good day! You may have seen me if you saw a girl in a blue coat clearing tour groups aside for the patient on a gurney behind me :D Although I'm sure I wasn't the only traffic cop today

Thanks! Are you one of the people who asked if I was on SDN? A couple of people asked.
Nope, I didn't ask. I was in the first interview group at 11:30!