University of Illinois-CVM - Application C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My coveralls fit okay. My mom convinced me to order a size up in case I needed to wear 27893 layers under them, so they're a little wide when I'm not wearing a million layers. But really, I don't think anyone notices. They're not a fashion statement haha.

I'm pretty tall and long-legged, so I'm not sure I can speak for the sizing on shorter legs.
How long legged are you? I have real long legs and regular pants never are long enough for me. I’m debating about just getting the men’s ones for the leg length...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The class shirt is appalling, I can see why some people may choose not to wear it..

Kind of salty. Why do you guys get 2258? I want that room

But also, calling the design that someone probably worked hard on “appalling” is kiiiinda rude. You can say you don’t like it, but you shouldn’t say it’s appalling because you never know who designed it and how much time they spent on it and how proud of it they are.

Long shot here but if anyone is looking for a nice place to live!

We are looking to fill this WONDERFUL *furnished* four person house that we lived in for the last year! At 906 S Orchard, Urbana, it’s an absolute steal at 475 a person (and utilities don’t run all that high!). The landlord is an anthropology professor on campus, and is there the second you call which is definitely a plus!! Super nice and accommodating.
1f44c.png
The kitchen is large and glorious with a dishwasher and amazing amounts of storage, with a spacious living room, and a large windowed dining room looking into the backyard (fenced in). There are four UNFILLED bedrooms (got a friend? Got three?) at varying sizes but they’re friggin GORGEOUS.
1f60a.png
There’s an upstairs bathroom with a full shower and claw foot bath, and a downstairs bathroom with a walk in shower. LAUNDRY is located indoors!

This lovely location is just a stone’s throw from Carle Park, 4 minutes driving to Veterinary Medicine Campus, and a two minute walk from bus stops to campus town! The outside is gorgeous and the neighbors are kind and welcoming. DOG FRIENDLY! (But unfortunately no cats, which is the only reason why we have to leave this amazing house. Really wish we could stay but C’est La Vie, my kitties need me!) If you’re interested, please message for more information!

So do the length of the boots matter? I have muck boots already but they're the shorter mid-calf ones not the knee-highs. I'm pretty sure they aren't low tread but I'm not sure I'd mind the scrubbing time. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the info already.

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured it was, but sporty(?) said she didn’t get 2021’s because she didn’t like the design, so I was saying that the design she didn’t like isn’t the same as this years shirt.
I got 2021's. Cute design but the shirt doesn't fit me quite right because wide shoulders and small body.

How long legged are you? I have real long legs and regular pants never are long enough for me. I’m debating about just getting the men’s ones for the leg length...
Long legged enough to have problems buying jeans sometimes, but not all the time. If you're super duper long legged, I would still run with the men's.

It's the 2nd year classroom. :p I earned the right to sit in the bacK row where profs can't walk behind you
Huh. I wondering if they're just having each class keep their respective classroom because of how 2020 messed things up. May as well just keep the theme.

I do enjoy the chairs in the very back though.

Maybe you’ll get it third year?
Third year we move to the dungeon of LAC 100. I have no issue staying in 2251 though haha. Quite enjoy my view

Reactions: 1 user
Long legged enough to have problems buying jeans sometimes, but not all the time. If you're super duper long legged, I would still run with the men's.
I am long legged enough to always run into pant length problems and have to buy Longs/Talls (and for some things they still could be a smidgen longer...)
Looks like I’m prob going with the man ones haha
I have no issue staying in 2251 though haha. Quite enjoy my view
Now I’m curious. What is your view you enjoy :thinking:

So do the length of the boots matter? I have muck boots already but they're the shorter mid-calf ones not the knee-highs. I'm pretty sure they aren't low tread but I'm not sure I'd mind the scrubbing time. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the info already.
Length doesn't matter. No one is going to inspect the tread, but yeah you definitely have to spend more time making sure they are clean or you risk contaminating the hallways, other stalls, etc.

Did you guys get an email about admitted student info yet? I’m a little worried haha

Did you guys get an email about admitted student info yet? I’m a little worried haha

Y'all probs still have a few weeks to go on getting info from ASA. They're handling finals week, graduation, the third years starting clinics, on top of you guys. Hold tight.

We got our unoffical-official grades back yesterday, so I'm guessing they'll probably start getting to 2022 stuff early next week. The official-official grades aren't quite ready yet, but I'm sure they'll wrap those up by the end of the week.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got a letter in the mail with my student ID and another ID number to set up my account!!!

Reactions: 1 users
:arghh:
My mail already came today and NOTHIN

It just had us set up our email and then the student account portal where you can register for classes and such. I have no idea what next to do. I'm assuming we get a bigger packet. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

It just had us set up our email and then the student account portal where you can register for classes and such. I have no idea what next to do. I'm assuming we get a bigger packet. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.
I certainly hope so :laugh:
I know there’s SOME info on the admitted students page but like
I want a whole big packet

I certainly hope so :laugh:
I know there’s SOME info on the admitted students page but like
I want a whole big packet

Agreed! Like it tells us what we need to do (most of it) and what to get and a break down of schedules. But I want a FOOL PROOF packet telling me what to do because my luck I'll completely screw it up!

Got my letter too! I was also expecting a large welcome packet.....hopefully that will come soon.

I just got a letter in the mail with my student ID and another ID number to set up my account!!!
Got my letter too! I was also expecting a large welcome packet.....hopefully that will come soon.

Follow up:
Did your guys paper say “after the class of 2020 is finalized”??? :rofl:

Follow up:
Did your guys paper say “after the class of 2020 is finalized”??? :rofl:
Follow up #2 (because I didn’t read the last paragraph before):
The bottom of my letter says that we’re going to get more info “later in May after all acceptances have been received” so hopefully that’ll be a big ol’ packet telling us exactly what to do and making it so we can’t screw it up hahaha

Hey did the Net ID website work for you? I tried it through safari and Firefox and no luck...

Update: I just googled Illinois netid claim and found the correct link :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is any type of student discount for vet care or anything through the school? I remember one school saying they give discounts on pet food and some other things, but don't remember hearing if Illinois does this..

Does anyone know if there is any type of student discount for vet care or anything through the school? I remember one school saying they give discounts on pet food and some other things, but don't remember hearing if Illinois does this..
20% for vet care. Often, it is still cheaper to go elsewhere unless you need specialty care. A lot of local clinics offer a vet student discount on top of already cheaper services too.

We have the same feeding programs that any other school would (Purina, Hill's, Royal Canin, Oxbow). Hill's is like half off.

20% for vet care. Often, it is still cheaper to go elsewhere unless you need specialty care. A lot of local clinics offer a vet student discount on top of already cheaper services too.

We have the same feeding programs that any other school would (Purina, Hill's, Royal Canin, Oxbow). Hill's is like half off.
Thanks!! I'm about to get flea/tick and heartworm preventative for my dog so I was trying to figure out if I should buy the normal 6 months worth, or if I should just buy enough to get me through the summer and then take advantage of the discount when I get there lol

Thanks!! I'm about to get flea/tick and heartworm preventative for my dog so I was trying to figure out if I should buy the normal 6 months worth, or if I should just buy enough to get me through the summer and then take advantage of the discount when I get there lol
We actually get free tick/heartworm meds throughout the year so it depends on what product you use. @batsenecal probably has a better memory than I do but I think Bayer distributes in the fall and Merial in like January/February?

Reactions: 1 users
That sounds right, but I'm not 100% sure cause I don't have pets. I'm 99% sure though.

So I just called my provider and they won't cover the rabies vaccine unless I have already been bitten and it's a medical necessity...... does anyone know a cheap place to get them for those that have to pay out of pocket?

So far the cheapest I found is at McKinley for $280 per dose.

Last edited:
So I just called my provider and they won't cover the rabies vaccine unless I have already been bitten and it's a medical necessity...... does anyone know a cheap place to get them for those that have to pay out of pocket completely? How much does this vaccine usually run?

It was 280 at McKinley per vaccine, so 840 total for the three vaccines. So literally almost anywhere else over the school.

It was 280 at McKinley per vaccine, so 840 total for the three vaccines. So literally almost anywhere else over the school.

Thanks I just called them. I'm still in Chicago so the alternative over here would be $400 per dose. I'll keep looking but so far McKinley is cheapest.